Little Cypress-Mauriceville 30 Hardin-Jefferson 18/FINAL

WOSgrad

I guess ill break down the game. It will not be as long as 14.2 6 paragraph report. Well ill say this LCM in the first half held HJ to one first down and they did not get past the 50 yard line. Our defense looked good the first half. Our offense moved the ball well on HJ with 3 starters out. I thought the play calling during the entire game was horrible. If its 3rd down and over 20 yards coach please don't call a jet sweep we might as well just punt the ball just my opinion. Also questionable play calls were trying to go for a 4th and 15. But when its 4th and 1 we punt i still don't understand that. Second half LCM comes out relaxed pretty much a cake walk mentality and Dubose coached his boys up and we get caught for about 3 touchdowns. Im grateful for the win but at the end of the LCM should have blown this team out. On to BC

12 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I guess ill break down the game. It will not be as long as 14.2 6 paragraph report. Well ill say this LCM in the first half held HJ to one first down and they did not get past the 50 yard line. Our defense looked good the first half. Our offense moved the ball well on HJ with 3 starters out. I thought the play calling during the entire game was horrible. If its 3rd down and over 20 yards coach please don't call a jet sweep we might as well just punt the ball just my opinion. Also questionable play calls were trying to go for a 4th and 15. But when its 4th and 1 we punt i still don't understand that. Second half LCM comes out relaxed pretty much a cake walk mentality and Dubose coached his boys up and we get caught for about 3 touchdowns. Im grateful for the win but at the end of the LCM should have blown this team out. On to BC

I guess Dubois re-instituted the Slot-T at HJ?  I think they got away from it when he left for BC.

4 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

I guess Dubois re-instituted the Slot-T at HJ?  I think they got away from it when he left for BC.

No he ran the slot t at BC and is running it at  HJ. HJ was not blocking well for there running backs. Dubose had them fired up in the 2nd half though. He is a good coach I just think there team is young and probably still down from there last HC

10 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Yes, I knew he ran it at BC,  just thought the coach that took his place when he left put in a new type of offense at HJ.  If so I would think it would be like re-constructing it  from scratch at HJ.   

Sorry I misunderstood your right. They started the spread but went back to the wing t with the old HC. It wasn’t near as good how dubose runs it though