Lidge 'ticked off' about demotion

Lidge 'ticked off' about demotion

Troubled closer won't say if he has seen psychologist

Complete Astros coverage CHICAGO — Brad Lidge was among the first to praise Dan Wheeler after Wheeler was given Lidge's closer's job Monday afternoon. But rest assured Lidge isn't pleased with Astros manager Phil Garner's decision, and he vows to use his frustration as motivation.

"I'm definitely upset about losing my role after throwing in two games, after throwing in one save situation," Lidge said. "Garner made the decision, and I will of course stand by it. He's my manager, and I'll do whatever he wants me to do. But that being said, I'm pretty ticked off about it. I guess the only thing I can do is use it as motivation."

Lidge issued a rare "no comment" when asked if he had seen a sports psychologist or if the Astros had made one available to him.

"I'll just say there are people available," he said.

General manager Tim Purpura acknowledges sports psychologists are available to Astros players, but he wouldn't say whether Lidge has used such help.

"To me, that's a confidentiality issue," Purpura said. "There are certain things that shouldn't be made public. Certain things, to me — as if you were going through counseling at (your job) — I don't think that would be public information, and I don't think those kinds of things should be made public with players."

[email protected]

i still believe in him....phil just needs to put him in against pujol until he strikes him out(no matter how many HRs he hits)....that would be a HUGE confidence boost....im almost 100% positive that the pujols HR is whats goin thru his mind when he pitches...and once he gets that clear he will be back to LIGHTS OUT

Guest RBarker

i still believe in him....phil just needs to put him in against pujol until he strikes him out(no matter how many HRs he hits)....that would be a HUGE confidence boost....im almost 100% positive that the pujols HR is whats goin thru his mind when he pitches...and once he gets that clear he will be back to LIGHTS OUT

are u retarted or something?

Guest kosmo

Exactly.  Right now, Lidge has a version of the "Chuck Knoblauch" syndrome.  He still has great stuff, but he can't hit his spots, and he has not been the same since Pujols hit that ball, that to my knowledge, still has not landed anywhere in the lower 48.  I hope he can make it back, but I don't see him being that dominant again.

Exactly.  Right now, Lidge has a version of the "Chuck Knoblauch" syndrome.  He still has great stuff, but he can't hit his spots, and he has not been the same since Pujols hit that ball, that to my knowledge, still has not landed anywhere in the lower 48.  I hope he can make it back, but I don't see him being that dominant again.

finally someone sees where im comin from....

putting wheeler at closer is the best decision the astros have made in a while

lidge is a loser......he is not deserving to wear a MLB uniform......HE SUCKS.........if he is 'ticked off' maybe he should request to be sent down to AA or AAA where MAYBE he can close..........

Question:

What ever happened to Chuck?

Answer:

He NEVER made it back.

And, we can't move Lidge to the outfield, he can't hit either. ;D ;D

Lidge's problems started before the Pujols assault. If you'll recall he struggled greatly in the Cubs series prior to that. I don't know of a single Astros fan that didn't suffer from 'Naugahyde clamp down' when Lidge came in to that Cardinals game.

honestly i thought he would end it right there....but i guess i was WRONG....and ur right about the cubs series...but im still stickn to my thoughts that pujols ruined him....i feel he could of came back from his slump before that...but pujols almost ruined him....i have not lost faith in him yet...he just needs to regain his pinpoint controll...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder