Pitcher- regularly pitches between104-109 mph

also batter - batting 960  mostly homeruns Right and left handed

40 yrd dash around the 3.9 to 4.0 range

Al Pacolla- Agent .He is also Steve Nebraskas Agent

He is going to the highest bidder- All sealed bids

Bidding believed to start somewhere in the 210 million dollar range

;D ;D ;D

Classic....

My experience is that kids with good mechanics, solid performances, and consistency are good candidates for the Area Scouts.  The Area Scouts are the first in scouts to see what potential the player has.  If the player is reported and seen to live up to the reports then the next level of scouts come in to evaluate.  What I am not sure you are talking about tho is are you asking about college recruitment or pro ball?

Yes, I agree wgpitcher. Although i was not in school here, I attended all of the games. There were always several scouts spread throughout the stands. Jay Bruce has got to be the most reruited player SETX has ever seen!

I'm not saying Jay Bruce was not the most highly recruited player ever out of SE Texas, but we have to remember John Patterson from WO-S in 1997 who went #6 in the MLB Draft that year. 

is terry vietch i think thats how you spell it.. Is he good enough to get a scholarship

I think TV is good enough to get a scholarship to go somewhere, now a full ride I'm not sure but maybe Juco for sure......If only WOS was better this year He would look better.... :(

those "schollies"  in Juco are not thrown around as you may think..........11 a year(I think) to be given out and 9 of those are given to pitchers (some divided some full)......Full rides to position players are more rare and have to be erned by what you do as a freshman.............Coach givith.......Coach can takith away!! 

The 'full ride' issue can be taken several ways.  I know as a parent of a player that was given a 'full ride' liked the fact my child lived at home.  When he first started college, I liked the fact that I was able to help with the new stress of playing baseball at that level, learning the ropes of college and helping him make the adjustment to a D1 level of school. He was given the option of living on campus but he declined the offer.  He was not a #1 pitcher in the rotation and he worked hard to prove and earn his scholarship.  Juco's also do not just throw around scholarships.  They have to be searned and kept too. 

In my experience, the most heavily watched HS player in recent years was Jay Bruce (granted, I wasn't here when Patterson came through).  That is not even close.

Last year, the kid who was probably watched most by prof scouts was Kevin Angelle (BC).  The kid who drew the most collegiate attention (until he signed at A&M) was Clayton Ehlert.

As far as this year, those players were Dishon, Ferguson and Murphy (although, from a college standpoint, these isn't much watching now since they've all signed).  I know there has been some scout interest in Dishon and Ferguson (and assume they same to be true with Murphy).  I also know the scouts have gone over to watch Stringer at BC because 'he's a lefthander with a little bit of a live arm'.  One scout also went to Cathedral to watch Nick Christopher however that was 'a very short trip'. 

The unsigned kids in the 2007 class that will probably get the most looks include guys like Mark Serna and Bobby Armstrong (WB) along with Rocky Calhoun (Silsbee).  Its just a hard time for recruiters since they're all in the middle of their conference schedules right now.

You are nuts, Dishon is everything people say.  He is a five tool player and will be very much like Collen Delome at Lamar.  If Billy Bryant would steal bases more, this kid would have 40 stolen bases on the year.  I will put his arm and defense against anyone in the state from deep center to home plate.  He is everything he is cracked up to be.  The only thing that is in question will be his adjustment at the plate from high school to college.

Have to disagree on a '5 tool player' if he was a 5 tool player he would go first rnd.Not many '5 tool players' in the minors much less HS and college. BTW unless things have changed since my son played JUCO they have 16 scholarships a yr.

You are nuts, Dishon is everything people say.  He is a five tool player and will be very much like Collen Delome at Lamar.   If Billy Bryant would steal bases more, this kid would have 40 stolen bases on the year.  I will put his arm and defense against anyone in the state from deep center to home plate.  He is everything he is cracked up to be.  The only thing that is in question will be his adjustment at the plate from high school to college.

To correct most of these posts.  At JUCO'S the SCHOOLS decide how many scholarships they want to give out.  Some give out 12, some 15, some like Navarro give out around 19-25 depending on the type of recruiting they have that year.  There isn't a set number.  I hope that clears things up.  NCAA (That is D1 and D2) are only allowed 11.7 scholarships a year. However, most baseball players are compensated by participating in a thing called "work study." This is where the remaining money comes from.  They can do anything from mowing the fields (practice)  Raking, sweeping dugouts, cleaning fields, etc.  I hope this helps.

You are nuts, Dishon is everything people say.  He is a five tool player and will be very much like Collen Delome at Lamar.   If Billy Bryant would steal bases more, this kid would have 40 stolen bases on the year.  I will put his arm and defense against anyone in the state from deep center to home plate.  He is everything he is cracked up to be.  The only thing that is in question will be his adjustment at the plate from high school to college.

Dishon is a great player.  tremendous bat, great speed and toughness (Football), rifle for an arm and good defense.  Will fit in nicely in any outfield. 

I will have to reserve my likeness to Delome though until he performs at the Collegiate level that Delome has since joining Lamar.  From what I remember though, Dishon is having a similar career at the High School Level. 

This is nothing against Delome because as far as making the transition to college ball it is my opinion that some school missed out on a HUGE player that made this jump look tremendously easy.

I wish the best to Dishon and hope his career continues to prosper at LSU.  Tough conference to play in (SEC).

Good Luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder