5A-D2 Just got a lot harder

CHampGP753

9 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

They just don’t have a defense, they will have to play manvel again in the 3rd round and if Crosby makes it they will match up in the 4th. 

FB Marshall is going to finish first and Manvel will finish second in district 11. They can’t play again until the regional final meaning Crosby would get Manvel or Marshall in the third round. I haven’t studied this new bracket but in all likelihood we’re going to have to beat them both to get out of the region unless we draw Huntsville in the second round and A&M Consolidated knocks one of them out first. 

8 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

Devon Achane ,a Jr who scored 7 tds in beating Manvel,must now  take a back seat to this Jr.transfer.Some just wish for one qb, Marshall is loaded.We wonder why kids transfer.   

Achane is being recruited as a rb/wr, he probably welcomes the move back. Kid killed it in the playoffs as a sophomore last year. Now they have Deshaun Watson 2.0. 5A-D2 region 3 is just absolutely brutal. 

16 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

Devon Achane ,a Jr who scored 7 tds in beating Manvel,must now  take a back seat to this Jr.transfer.Some just wish for one qb, Marshall is loaded.We wonder why kids transfer.   

He is a RB/Slot for them. They literally ran a wildcat offense all night on Manvel. Ran the ball 99% of the time. No passing threat whatsoever. Achane threw a jumpball in overtime which got them down the 1 yard line. that's pretty much it in the passing game.

1 hour ago, CHampGP753 said:

He is a RB/Slot for them. They literally ran a wildcat offense all night on Manvel. Ran the ball 99% of the time. No passing threat whatsoever. Achane threw a jumpball in overtime which got them down the 1 yard line. that's pretty much it in the passing game.

Sounds like that’s all they needed

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It was OT but they still gave up 51 on defense too. I actually think A&M Con. has looked the best in the region so far but we’ll get a better gauge against Huntsville this week. 

I went to the game and pretty much it was OT without a true QB, top receiver was out and just had surgery, another slot receiver was in a boot. Barnett, who was the QB and has world class speed is now a receiver. I agree, 51 PTS is a lot. but everyone knows speed kills. I remember two years ago when Crosby had all those D-1 kids who were track guys also, couldn't catch up to some of Marshalls players. I think in the end it will be either Consolidated, Crosby, Manvel or Marshall representing region 3. Any one of those has the best chance.