***Larry Tidwell Becomes The LU Women's Basketball Coach***

Guest Kelly Football

Tidwell is a great coach i'm sure. But once again typical Lamar! Hire someone that has no local ties!!!!!!!! And people want football back???????????????????? Hire another person away from here and recruit away from the area!! Yup same ole Lamar!!

Guest tigersvoice

Congratulations to the Orangefield Girls' Basketball program!!! 

Oh, and by the way, congratulations to the Lamar Girls' Basketball program, too.

I don't think Lamar can depend only on local talent to reach their goals. A winning team is going to fill the Montagne Center, not your few local heroes. There just isn't enough local good D-1 talent to go around.  ;)  Oh yeah, it seems like Lamar made a good choice. At least he has the experience in a winning D-1 program and should know what type of players he will need to succeed.

Tidwell is a great coach i'm sure. But once again typical Lamar! Hire someone that has no local ties!!!!!!!! And people want football back???????????????????? Hire another person away from here and recruit away from the area!! Yup same ole Lamar!!

Another part of the overall problem with all sports in this area if it isnt local the citizens around here in general turn their nose to it, SE Texas is not the be all and end all of society, if anything it's the other way around.  Bottom line should be whether or not you win not where you are from, but can you do the job

Coach Ancelot would probably be a good hire. But, can she recruit at the national level? The way the Lady's  program has suffered recently, she couldn't do any worse.

Now, when Gilligan hangs it up what do we do? Do we support Rickleson, he has stood in line with Gilligan for years?  What about local talent in Coach Griff, Coach Stone or Sam Moore? Each of those guys could step in, but can they recruit nationally?

Guest bleed orange

I know Gilligan is a proven winner, his record speaks for itself. But I have talked to a lot of former players and parents of kids in the golden triangle who he tried to recruit for a bargain basement price and they basically said,  He is an arrogant jerk that thinks his sh$t don't stink. I don't know the man personally but I have heard that from more than one person. Sorry about changing the subject but someone brought up his name and I felt like I had to say something. Go ahead let me have it. I know its coming.

Tidwell could end up being a great hire, time can only tell. I still think and the majority of Southeast Texas will always think Ancelot was the best choice for the Lady Cards. Nothing can be done now and nothing anyone says will change what has been done. All anyone can do now is support LU and wish them the best and now get to enjoy Ancelot for many more years at OF. The Lady Bobcats I am sure wanted the best for her just like everyone else and now the best for the Lady Bobcats will be back.

The one thing I have found out about parents is that most of us think our kids are better than everybody's kid. I remember a couple of years ago, a former pro baseball player transferred his son from another school to Lamar and he expected his son to play. Gilligan never played the guy but his dad could not figure out why his kid wasn't playing at Lamar. The kid finally transferred to a different school.

bleed I also have heard some of the same stories from local parents about how Jim Gilligan has treated their kids on the recruiting trail

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder