***PAUL WALKER RESIGNS FROM HF..COACHING SEARCH UPDATE***

Guest BLADE

If he so good why did BC not hire him as their A.D.? HF will be a tough situation in district 21-3A. If Coach Walker is leaving it's probably because he does not like what he see's ahead.

Guest Football

If he so good why did BC not hire him as their A.D.? HF will be a tough situation in district 21-3A. If Coach Walker is leaving it's probably because he does not like what he see's ahead.

Because BC never hires from within.

I hate to see Coach Walker go he was a fine man. Small towns are coach killers if you aren't from there and you don't win enough. Everyone in the HF area thought HF had a lot of talent to work with but we aren't that talented at football. We don't have enough good players yet! We need a few special players and a lot of good players like WOS has every year. Every team but us had a least one or two guys that everyone in the Golden Triangle knew about. Maybe one day. Coaching was just a small part of the problem here! Lack of talent was a large part! I hope you have more success at your next stop Coach!!

So EDBLU im guessing if #2 would have started every game we would have won state? We have plenty of talent! But i will admit Coach Walker was and is a good coach and a very respectable man.. And as for talent we will be fine. But yea good luck in Clear Creek!

EDBLU is right...face it!  Talent is a large part of why the HF football team has been average at best over the last 3 seasons.  Seen them play quite a few times last year, and was in no way impressed, Leblanc was a head hunter I'll give you that and Burrell will be promising at the safety position but that's about it (Daigle should be alright).  With all the people moving into the Fannett area..the talent is bound to pick up...or at least I hope so.

People are moving out of Beaumont for kids to grow up in the HF school district...if you go to Gilbert woods estates you'll see what I'm talking about..It's huge out there now..three years ago it was nothing like that.  Plus the enrollment of the school has to do with just the High school right?  Most the people moving to the Fannett area have kids that are in elementary....

Guest Indian Chief

I'm sure Walker is a great Coach but with Brooks back at Jasper and with WOS, Kirbyville i'm sure he felt like HF chances at making the playoffs were slim.

Coach Walker was a great coach and person.  I wish him luck to wherever hes going, and as far as H-F having talent on there team, they have plenty of talent.  There going to have an experienced players a bunch of returning letterman this year most of there team is going to be made up out of seniors.  There offensive line is probally going to weigh an average of 270 across the front.  They also got very quick running backs, like Scott M., Hagan D., and Dustin E. I suspect H-F to upset alot of teams this year and make it into the playoffs.  They have one first team all district returning on offense and three returning on defense.

Guest ECBucFan

H-F would be a great place for any coach to land. Ya'll just won't find a better community with better people in it. Great school with a lot to be proud of.  :)

Thanks for the compliment EC. No matter what coach we get next year were gonna play to our full potential and make our community known. Although people dont want to believe us we are competitors with almost anyone in this tough district. Good luck to Coach Walker and his family were definately gonna miss them!

And i was out but it was only for three games..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder