what three 22-4A teams will go to play-offs and why?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand Bigdog and it wasnt a dis.

My point is that every season in what it seems like forever Nederland has had that recognized guy on offense going into the season and this year they dont. 

I didn't take it as one.  ;D  My point is that someone always seems to step into that role, that someone might not be well know yet , but he will.

Central -lost a big part of there offense in losing B.williams.but will reload

I know they have talent coming back but Dayton will be too much for them.

Dayton -has there starting QB back which reminds me of B.Williams.plus Dayton has alot of talent maybe more than Central.both schools will be tough.

Ozen -will be back on track right where they use to be.It might take them few games  to do it but they will come on at the end or middle of the year.

LCM -will be back.they were tough last year and there coach has them believing in what he is selling.

Png -you never know about.There offense will have to certainly pick it up.But they are always a threat.

Nederland-they have life without micah but they usually will have someone to take his place.there Defense will have to get better .

Lumberton-they were young last year and there coach will have them ready this year."hold the rope".they might upset a team or two.

and of course my Pirates--they lost a few seniors .There Defense will be better with this being the second year of Eskue leading them.They will continue to be a running team and have some RB's coming back from last year.Brett Harris,Worthy and the Reynolds kid.and there starting QB Franklin will be returning also.They will have to stop the big play .they will be playing against better athletes almost every Friday night but you better bring your a game when you play them or you will go home with a Loss.

Can't see Vidor in the mix, LCM just doesn't  know how to win, Ozen I think they are at least a year away.

when you have talent every year like Ozen does you arent a year away form anything.

Give the LCM coach another year also and see what happens

To me...

The battle is for the 3rd place spot...

Dayton and Central are easily the top two.

Reading all the posts it is really hard to eliminate a team now from contending for the 3rd place spot.

It might be wise to see who has the easiest schedule going into the last 2 games.  PNG's schedule at the end is brutal, they better be up a couple of games.  Having to end the season at Bronco stadium won't be easy if they need a win.  Would be neat to see Lumberton finally make it in the playoffs and end their eternal playoff drought.

Right now I just think the playoff spots will be the same from last year...

1. Dayton (going udefeated will be very very impressive)

2. Central (next to Dayton they will have the speed to win every game)

3. Nederland (their kids EXPECT to make it to the playoffs, that could be the difference)

Guest 87CRU79

IMO, I don't think you can count any team out this year. Of course you will have your likely's such as Central and Nederland, but what about everyone else. There is not one team with a substantial amount of returning players. What if last year was a fluke for Dayton? Maybe LCM had a great off-season and finally found the last piece to the playoff puzzle. Maybe Lumberton finds their niche, and possibly (though I highly doubt it) Vidor makes it to the playoffs. I really don't think you can count on any team's previous track record. Who cares about Nederland's 100 year play off run, and Lumberton's eternal play-off drought. IMO this is anyone's year.

after going unbeaten in dist. last year. Dayton is not a likely?

:'( :'( :'(

I see what your saying, but I don't think it was a fluke  :)

off the top of my head, we are returning about 5 or 6 on each side of the ball. those are starters from last year not sure about those who didn't see much playing time. that's a pretty good nucleus. We'll be contenders.

Guest 87CRU79

My statement was not meant to be derogatory in any way. It was just a thought on how district will turn out. It is gonna be a free for all.

I won't make a prediction as of now but will wait until opening nite Aug. 31, in which there will be some great openers.

Central/Lee...posters seems to think both will battle for their respective districts

West Brook/Ozen Great rival, will show if Ozen will compete

Dayton/WOS.. again both to defend district titles.

PNG, Nederland/ LM, Brenham...will battle for playoff spot and maybe district title.

LCM/ WOS ...This game will show if LCM will compete in district

Vidor/Lumberton...strength of schedule will hurt but do compete against Central for some reason and I guess they didn't know what to expect against Dayton and just didn't compete at all...First games don't tell it all but it does show what to expect thru the season...All in all anything can happen in this tough district.

• 1 month later...

Nederland does have a very good coaching staff, but let's not oversell. Ned's defense gave up an average of 28 points per game, including scores of 63, 41, 35, 49, and 28. I'm not feeling the "waves." Dayton gave up an average of 16 ppg (which was skewed upwards by WO-S's 26 points ;)).

They were .500 this year, including a "clutch" loss to Vidor. Go figure.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  Central dropped 64 on them, how many did Dayton drop on them, and hell Ozen scored enough to make them bring back the starters.  Your offense is good every year, but your defense only sends shockwaves through the gatorade cooler.

Still so much discussion about Nederland's abymissal defense last year. Yes, the defense was weak LAST YEAR. We are days away from starting two a days for 2007 season. Look for Ned defense to improve in run and pass defense. If ned front 4 on D can pressure the QB and if Ned plays more man coverage like we did late in the season last year as opposed to zone coverage, then we should fair better statisically this season. More importantly in the win column.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder