3. New Braunfels                13-3

4. Mesquite Poteet              16-2

5. New Braunfels Canyon      15-1

6. Barbers Hill                    12-3-1

7. Corsicana                      11-3

8. Longview Pine Tree          11-2

9. Midlothian                      10-3

10. Vidor                          13-2

Im going to have to take the #10 team in the state for this game.... VIDOR by at least 5.....

how can you say yall are number #10 in the state cause yalls record??  yall been playing like 3a teams if thats what i remember in the preseason    it might not be true but thats what im hearing

Guest Cherokee Nation

Texas 4A

1. Corpus Christi Calallen      16-3

2. Corpus Christi Moody       18-2

3. New Braunfels                13-3

4. Mesquite Poteet              16-2

5. New Braunfels Canyon      15-1

6. Barbers Hill                    12-3-1

7. Corsicana                      11-3

8. Longview Pine Tree          11-2

9. Midlothian                      10-3

10. Vidor                           13-2

Just to show you how much rankings mean. PN-G only played 2 4A schools in non district the rest were 5A in route to a .500 non district record. The Indians beat both Texas City and according to these rankings #6 Barbers Hill. The Indians could easily have a record comparable to any team up there, but Coach Stone wants to get his kids ready for district and the playoffs. I believe his strategy pays off since the Indians have been to Austin twice in the last 6 years. Those are the only rankings that mean anything.

Off topic, when were PNG's two trips to Austin in the last 6 years.  I remember 04 but I don't remeber the other one. 

how can you say yall are number #10 in the state cause yalls record??  yall been playing like 3a teams if thats what i remember in the preseason    it might not be true but thats what im hearing

the website that produces these rankings is www.thsbca.com if anyone cares to check it out.  I haven't heard Vidor people saying they are the 10th best team in the state.  They are just quoting the website.  They put out a preseason rankings and then after the first week of district they normally update them weekly.  The only thing they are good for is for people to have fun discussing, and giving schools who are playing well recognition.  I am sorry Vidor folks, but enjoy it while you can because after the district loss it probably won't last long.

As to the topic. Harrington will be to much.  Will be the best pitcher Vidor has seen this year. 

PNG 5 Vidor 2

Next time around maybe the pitching matchup will be more favorable for Vidor.

Guest Cherokee Nation

Off topic, when were PNG's two trips to Austin in the last 6 years.  I remember 04 but I don't remeber the other one. 

the website that produces these rankings is www.thsbca.com if anyone cares to check it out.  I haven't heard Vidor people saying they are the 10th best team in the state.  They are just quoting the website.  They put out a preseason rankings and then after the first week of district they normally update them weekly.  The only thing they are good for is for people to have fun discussing, and giving schools who are playing well recognition.  I am sorry Vidor folks, but enjoy it while you can because after the district loss it probably won't last long.

As to the topic. Harrington will be to much.  Will be the best pitcher Vidor has seen this year. 

PNG 5 Vidor 2

Next time around maybe the pitching matchup will be more favorable for Vidor.

2000 the Indians lost in the State Championship to Corpus Christi Calallen in extra innings. That was the team with Dustin Long. This will be the 7th year, but I said 6 since this season is obviously not over yet.

Cherokee Nation -  don't be a hatter.  Why do you have to be so ugly about it.  Vidor has come along way.  Coach Green has done an awesome job.  I don't think when he was making out the schedule..he wasn't thinking about that stupid website.  There is a big difference between PNG and Vidor...Who cares what the website says about them being 10th in state...why make a rude comment.  PNG always ends up on top....Coach Stone is awesome. He has been with those guys for a long time.  All of coaches in our district are awesome coaches. Congrates to to everyone team in our district...ya'll are doing an awesome job!!  Kids if ya'll read all this message boards stuff.....don't pay attention because ALL of you are WINNERS.  Just believe in yourself...and don't listen to all this garbage!!  Just thank GOD...for giving you the talent to play the game!!  He is the only one that counts!!

Guest Cherokee Nation

Cherokee Nation -  don't be a hatter.  Why do you have to be so ugly about it.  Vidor has come along way.  Coach Green has done an awesome job.  I don't think when he was making out the schedule..he wasn't thinking about that stupid website.  There is a big difference between PNG and Vidor...Who cares what the website says about them being 10th in state...why make a rude comment.  PNG always ends up on top....Coach Stone is awesome. He has been with those guys for a long time.  All of coaches in our district are awesome coaches. Congrates to to everyone team in our district...ya'll are doing an awesome job!!  Kids if ya'll read all this message boards stuff.....don't pay attention because ALL of you are WINNERS.  Just believe in yourself...and don't listen to all this garbage!!  Just thank GOD...for giving you the talent to play the game!!  He is the only one that counts!!

I am not being a hater or as you spell it "hatter". The topic of the thread was predictions for the upcoming game. With Harrington on the mound I feel the Indians will win. Someone brought up that Vidor is state ranked. I simply stated that to compare the two schools records is like comparing apples to oranges. Their predistrict schedule doesn't come close to comparing to the Indians. We have already beaten 1 "top 10 4A team" and we will take care of another Tuesday night.

I never said anyone is not a "winner" or not to "believe in themselves". You sir are reading to much into the fact that in my opinion, state rankings do not mean much at this time of the year. Wait until June to worry about the rankings. Get off your high horse and throw in a spell check every once in a while.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor