SPURGER SR. BOYS headed to Levelland

The team took 1st place on March 17th in their Regional Tournament held in Evadale.  They beat Evadale once and Hardin twice in order to advance to the National Tournament on April 4th. 

Thanks to the following teams for the scrimmage games before our Regionals:

Beaumont, Twin County, Hampshire-Fannett

Now the work will start for the parents to raise money for the trip.

BRISKET LUNCH @ FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH in Spurger

Sunday, March 25th from 12:30 till 3:00 Eat-in or Take-out

Just how good is the Spurger boys team?  I heard this age group hasnt lost yet, is that true?  How did they do against Beaumont, Twin County, and Hamshire Fannett?  By the way, i know the coach at Slocum and have seen the team (Slocum) that Spurger plays in the first round of the tournament.  Slocum's 8th grade team won their district in school ball, over state runner up Laneville, who was in their district. Slocum came in 2nd in their regional tournament with Cayuga coming in first.

We really want know how good until we get to Levelland. As of now they're lookin' pretty good.  7 out of the 10 are off our jr.high team, which also placed 1st in district (no loses).  They also placed 1st in both jr.high tournaments they played in.  The total points for our jr.high (8th grade) season was Spurger 786 to their opponents 273. 

They played the other schools listed to get ready for Regionals.  Beaumont gave them the best competition out of all.  They played them twice with wins both times.  Also wins with Twin County and Hampshire-Fannett. 

The boys play great team ball, shooters, big presense in the paint, battling rebounders, defense, defense, defense. 

If you heard anything specific about these boys, let me know. 

• 1 month later...

They got second place in the tournament witch they they shouldnt have because the team they played already lost and they hadnt 

We really want know how good until we get to Levelland. As of now they're lookin' pretty good.  7 out of the 10 are off our jr.high team, which also placed 1st in district (no loses).  They also placed 1st in both jr.high tournaments they played in.  The total points for our jr.high (8th grade) season was Spurger 786 to their opponents 273. 

They played the other schools listed to get ready for Regionals.  Beaumont gave them the best competition out of all.  They played them twice with wins both times.  Also wins with Twin County and Hampshire-Fannett. 

The boys play great team ball, shooters, big presense in the paint, battling rebounders, defense, defense, defense. 

If you heard anything specific about these boys, let me know. 

Yes its true I go to that school they havent lost since  their 7th grade year and now thier in 8th going to 9th

Just how good is the Spurger boys team?  I heard this age group hasnt lost yet, is that true?  How did they do against Beaumont, Twin County, and Hamshire Fannett?  By the way, i know the coach at Slocum and have seen the team (Slocum) that Spurger plays in the first round of the tournament.  Slocum's 8th grade team won their district in school ball, over state runner up Laneville, who was in their district. Slocum came in 2nd in their regional tournament with Cayuga coming in first.

This group of 8th graders did not loose a single game during their 7th grade year or their 8th grade year.  The only game that was lost was (as 7th graders) they did not play up with the 8th graders.  They played as 7th graders and won and the 8th graders lost.  This game was with St. Anne's or All Saints at the first of their season.  Their were only a few times that they played as a 7th grade team.  They normally played up with the 8th grade.  Pretty soon they will be playing summer league basketball and getting ready for their up coming 9th grade year.

I have to admit this was our first year being involved with Little Dribblers and the only Senior team I saw was Beaumont and Hamshire-Fannett. If I remember, Beaumont had a decent Senior team with good size. The one thing I noticed about Beaumont is that they didn't have great atheletes, but good hustle to make up for this. Spurger Seniors must be a good team to beat Beaumont. Hamshire Fannett Seniors? Well thats another story.

I found out you really can't gauge your team until you began playing Regionals and you better have your weaknesses fixed by Nationals, or a a good team will exploit it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw