* Vidor 13 Nederland 4 Final/Saturday*

Give vidor its due. Coach Green has done a tremendous job on the field. He has buiot a program where all his kids feel accountably. No body gave Vidor a chance at the beginng of the year, but after watching them play I think they can hang with anyone. If the umpires will get off the lcm coach and png coach and give vidor a chance then maybe they can when the whole thing. I dont normally get on umpires because i really respect what they do, but i was at the lcm - png game and both coaches would have got run at any other school. Just because they are always in the playoffs they should not get special treatmant. I actually saw the coach from lcm walk to the pithhers mound and yell that he wanted to see all three umpires there. that is pretty ballsy by anyone. Just give all teams a fair shake

If the umpires will get off the lcm coach and png coach and give vidor a chance then maybe they can when the whole thing. I dont normally get on umpires because i really respect what they do, but i was at the lcm - png game and both coaches would have got run at any other school. Just because they are always in the playoffs they should not get special treatmant. I actually saw the coach from lcm walk to the pithhers mound and yell that he wanted to see all three umpires there. that is pretty ballsy by anyone. Just give all teams a fair shake

I bet you didn't know that the same umpire did the plate at both the LCM-PNG game and the Vid-Ned game. Did you see any coach at the LCM PNG game get their way just because they may have done a little theatrics??  NOPE  they didn't

. Griff may have ask for all three to come to the mound but you didn't see that happen. Some coaches are more vocal than others but that does not mean they need to be run out of the game. If a coach does get restricted to the bench or ejected, they must go before the UIL for a meeting. This could result in the coach being put on probation. Point is that you do not run a coach for being high strung at an important game. Most of the time it is not how they say something but what they say that gets them in trouble. Is it real or is it Memorex? most of the time it is Memorex.

Guest coach

I want to give some credit to Kyle Green and his coaching staff.The Smith kid was struggling in the first two innings.He gave up four runs.One or two was on error,but they were hitting him pretty good regardless.

The game was still somewehat close and not out of reach for Vidor, and thats when Coach Green made the move.He put in Robicheau with I believe two runners on base and he shut them down.Sometimes coaches will stay with there starter for various reasons and the game gets out of hand .Coach Green made the right move at the right time to save the game.And I want to say that Smith is a good pitcher but was just having a bad day.

Guest BruinFan

I went to this game becuase it would give me chance to see quite a few of the players that played with my son for Big Timers in the Summer and Fall.  V.J. did not disappoint, he has always been a standout.  Ryan performed great as always.  Jude has the solid glove.  I was surprised not to see Jordan Pitts anywhere on Nederland's roster.  He played a great 3rd and short for Big Timers and had a great bat.  Is he still playing?  If so, how is he doing?  I was also surprised at how quickly Nederland lost it's will to fight.  That is not something I've seen before from them.  Vidor never lost their energy or enthusiasm.

Guest coach

I went to this game becuase it would give me chance to see quite a few of the players that played with my son for Big Timers in the Summer and Fall.  V.J. did not disappoint, he has always been a standout.  Ryan performed great as always.  Jude has the solid glove.   I was surprised not to see Jordan Pitts anywhere on Nederland's roster.  He played a great 3rd and short for Big Timers and had a great bat.  Is he still playing?  If so, how is he doing?  I was also surprised at how quickly Nederland lost it's will to fight.  That is not something I've seen before from them.  Vidor never lost their energy or enthusiasm.

I dont know But I did see his dad there and he was watching the game.

I dont know But I did see his dad there and he was watching the game.

I was there.  I thought we had it.  Give Vidor their due, they fought their way back and kept going.  Jordan is playing Short for JV.  He's doing pretty good and getting a lot of playing time that he might not get on Varsity.  Nederland's JV was looking good before last weeks layoff due to rain.  The Varsity has the talent and I'm sure they'll come out fighting Tuesday with their backs to the wall.  Thanks for asking about Jordan BruinFan.  If you make a game again look for me.  If JV or Jacob's Babe Ruth Team are not playing, I usually try to make the Varsity game.  How are the Bruins looking?

"I actually saw the coach from lcm walk to the pithhers mound and yell that he wanted to see all three umpires there".......

Why did they have 3 umpires..i didnt think that they were spose to till playoffs.

District ballgames in that district have 3 umps...I think it's a good situation, extra set of eyes...

furthermore, you saying PNG and LCM get "special treatment" from umpires because of who they are is a lame "pre"excuse for you down the road when you get beat by them.......I think a good Vidor team would think if they win they didn't beat the umpires, and if they lose they didn't lose to the umpires, rather they lost to a good team, or they beat a good team.......wouldn't you???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder