Former WO-S players indicted in Spring Break beach brawl

DannyShapiroBE

It'll be interesting to see if there is actually any evidence to prove that these four are guilty as charged.  There's been so much talk and speculation.  I'm glad for all involved that the proceedings are in Galveston County where I believe the case will be presented on the merits as opposed to closer to home where both sides enjoy a lot of sympathy.  

17 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Where is the video?

There’s not always video. Sometimes a witnesses’ statements are enough to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. 

If you have 6 people say “I saw a tall dude in a green shirt kicking that one kid,” and then those six witnesses identify a guy in a green shirt in a picture taken the same day at the same location and they all agree “yeah, that’s him. That’s the dude that was doing the kicking.....” well, I’m convinced. 

But I have to admit that I’d be a lot more easily convinced if there was an actual video of the beating. 

I guess the bad news is that while the local community might view a racial slur (alleged) as a valid reason to beat someone half to death, your friends and families’ opinions don’t really matter. It all comes down to how a jury feels about it. 

My OPINION is that these young men will end up convicted (or pleading to) a lesser charge. Then everybody can get on with their lives. 

I hope that the right decision based on the available evidence be reached... whatever that decision turns out to be. 

46 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

there is one, have a friend that is very close to the boy that got beat up. Im guessing they aren't trying to make it public, I hate to see good players do stupid things and get into trouble. Poor judgement happens all the time, curious to see how it all plays out in court.

I hate to see any young men or women do stupid things and get into trouble. Football players or not. 

10 hours ago, WOSFAN99 said:

I'm sorry but this is a sports page there's no need for this topic to be on here come on guys whoever made this topic needs to be off of here let's talk sports  not criminal talk

Agreed, it is somewhat like the NFL standing issue - enough press -

This article is in negative light and to post it to a sports forum.  Smh.  Non of those kids play on this year's Stang team.  Just seems that you (and your boss ) have a short history of posting and publishing things in a negative light.  I'm just glad that you're man enough to talk about this incident openly...

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This article is in negative light and to post it to a sports forum.  Smh.  Non of those kids play on this year's Stang team.  Just seems that you (and your boss ) have a short history of posting and publishing things in a negative light.  I'm just glad that you're man enough to talk about this incident openly...

Because it involves former SETX athletes, yeah, I saw no problem posting it to that forum. Not my website, so I have no issue with it being moved.

And not all news is going to be positive. I know that, you know that. But news is news, whether you like it or not.

don't know who started it don't really care. Sad to say it but there is no denying it and no one is saying names. I don't understand why these young men get into trouble like they do but it happens. Hate to see anyone dig there selves a hole for any reason that it may be. I know these four young men aren't on the rosters this year and no way is it pointing to the WOS Mustangs as a whole. Good to see WOS doing what they do. Nothing but respect for the Stang tradition they come to play every year and have an impeccable reputation and a winning tradition!

21 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

Because it involves former SETX athletes, yeah, I saw no problem posting it to that forum. Not my website, so I have no issue with it being moved.

And not all news is going to be positive. I know that, you know that. But news is news, whether you like it or not.

Do what you do.  Obviously,  you're reaching to a target audience.  I prefer sports topics.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics