Mass shooting in Vegas

PhatMack19

13 hours ago, new tobie said:

500 people injured 60 dead, could the good guy with a gun have prevented this. The open carry guys are not stopping these massacres 

In this case, I agree with you. I don't think a citizen with a weapon could have prevented or stopped this awful attack. The guy in this attack was too well fortified. Heck, it took cops and a swat team over an hour to get into his room.

I do however support the concealed carry law and like knowing that good guys can have weapons to protect themselves and others.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:56 AM, 2wedge said:

I love how the right loves to call things #fakenews, but leans on infowars sites of it's ilk for their information. 99% of the links posted here are from sites that would classify as #fakenews. This board is full of Trump puppets that do as he says.

Yep.  I think that it is funny how people on this board always talk about black on black crime in Chicago. A white man shot 500 people in one day. Is that a record? Many on this board attempt to depict black people as savages, they won't admit that all races have people that are animalistic.

10 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Yep.  I think that it is funny how people on this board always talk about black on black crime in Chicago. A white man shot 500 people in one day. Is that a record? Many on this board attempt to depict black people as savages, they won't admit that all races have people that are animalistic.

Who are these people that you blatantly accuse of being racist? Please name them, or are you just another racial stereotyper who abhors racial stereotypes?

28 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Yes, one man with a machine gun, firing on a crowd of  22,000 for over 10 minutes, barely eclipsed the number of murders over a Labor Day weekend in Chicago, but Chicago keeps going, and going, and going........not a good comparison.

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

Yes, one man with a machine gun, firing on a crowd of  22,000 for over 10 minutes, barely eclipsed the number of murders over a Labor Day weekend in Chicago, but Chicago keeps going, and going, and going........not a good comparison.

Big Girl-  why do all of the shooting deaths in Chicago not concern you?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

The stupidity has returned!!  Why are all of your post centered around race?  Because you are a racist?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

They don't give a damn about Chicago shootings because blacks are killing blacks there, they didn't start talking about Chicago shootings untill 2008 when Obama won the presidency. 

7 minutes ago, new tobie said:

They don't give a damn about Chicago shootings because blacks are killing blacks there, they didn't start talking about Chicago shootings untill 2008 when Obama won the presidency. 

You don,t give a damn about Chicago killings because it is an embarrassment to the world, especially the gunless countries. TheVegas killing s will be use to promote gun control whereas Chicago is living proof that it doen,t work. Feel free to throw your race card in there. oops, too late.

28 minutes ago, baddog said:

You don,t give a damn about Chicago killings because it is an embarrassment to the world, especially the gunless countries. TheVegas killing s will be use to promote gun control whereas Chicago is living proof that it doen,t work. Feel free to throw your race card in there. oops, too late.

When all else fails, they resort to all they know, the race card.  That card should be used up by now.

48 minutes ago, new tobie said:

47 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Until obama was elected, it wasn't as bad.  Then, one of his minions gets elected mayor, and the killings skyrocket.  Evidently obama and emanuel don't care either.  Hell, obama won't even live there.

16 hours ago, stevenash said:

Big Girl-  why do all of the shooting deaths in Chicago not concern you?

Typical deflection.

It is not possible to be concerned about killings in Chicago while simultaneously pointing out that our president is fanning the flame of racial tension in our country?

White guy kills black guy......who cares, have you seen the murder rate in Chicago? That's hardly a decent response.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Are you another one of those who is promoting the idea that police are stalking unarmed black men and killing them at an alarming rate?  I think the number of killings of unarmed and innocent black men by police is extremely small.    Do please show me the error in my thinking.

The error is that a lot of white people are predisposed to fear black men due to the racial narratives that have been fed to them by their parents, grandparents, and the culture of our country since it was established. Black men have been painted as criminals, thugs, thieves, and mostly trouble, and white people in general still view them as such. Hence why a white man walking by your wife in Parkdale Mall parking lot at night doesn't elicit much of a response from her, but a black man walking by at the same time will cause her to tense up and ensure she has her gun in her purse. You can argue this point all day long, but everyone knows what I have just described is the reality.

The reason why white cops kill black men for no reason is this very fear that I am describing. White cops pull black men over and immediately have their senses heightened and prepare for the worst. Black men run from the cops are are shot in the back (happened just a day or so ago) because the white cops are so fearful that they feel justified in killing a man for fleeing arrest. Happened to Alton Sterling, Phillando Castille, Trayvon Martin, and just happened to Patrick Harmon a few hours ago. If you cannot see the atrocity, I cannot continue to engage your Neanderthal way of thinking.

Before you ask, I am white, I am southern, I am not a liberal, and I still feel like African Americans are unjustly murdered by police officers. Do us all a favor, try to be a part of the solution instead of helping Trump exacerbate the problem.

49 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

The error is that a lot of white people are predisposed to fear black men due to the racial narratives that have been fed to them by their parents, grandparents, and the culture of our country since it was established. Black men have been painted as criminals, thugs, thieves, and mostly trouble, and white people in general still view them as such. Hence why a white man walking by your wife in Parkdale Mall parking lot at night doesn't elicit much of a response from her, but a black man walking by at the same time will cause her to tense up and ensure she has her gun in her purse. You can argue this point all day long, but everyone knows what I have just described is the reality.

The reason why white cops kill black men for no reason is this very fear that I am describing. White cops pull black men over and immediately have their senses heightened and prepare for the worst. Black men run from the cops are are shot in the back (happened just a day or so ago) because the white cops are so fearful that they feel justified in killing a man for fleeing arrest. Happened to Alton Sterling, Phillando Castille, Trayvon Martin, and just happened to Patrick Harmon a few hours ago. If you cannot see the atrocity, I cannot continue to engage your Neanderthal way of thinking.

Before you ask, I am white, I am southern, I am not a liberal, and I still feel like African Americans are unjustly murdered by police officers. Do us all a favor, try to be a part of the solution instead of helping Trump exacerbate the problem.

I think you just unknowingly illustrated the problem by exposing your flawed rationale, and you attributed the "Neanderthal way of thinking" to the wrong party.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Parkdale mall at night. Thanks but no thanks. Bad example 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Martin was not killed fleeing from a cop? He was also not killed by a Caucasian.  The cop who shot Castille is not a Caucasian. I am not saying that there is not a problem. To flat out say WHITE cops are killing black men, is inaccurate and just spread that poison of racism. 

41 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Martin was not killed fleeing from a cop? He was also not killed by a Caucasian.  The cop who shot Castille is not a Caucasian. I am not saying that there is not a problem. To flat out say WHITE cops are killing black men, is inaccurate and just spread that poison of racism. 

Oh ok. So you agree that cops are killing black men, just want everyone to make sure we knows it's not JUST white cops killing black men. Noted.

Problem still exists....cops are killing black men without justification.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

I think you just unknowingly illustrated the problem by exposing your flawed rationale, and you attributed the "Neanderthal way of thinking" to the wrong party.

No knowingly illustrated the problem with my explanation of why cops are killing black men. You offer no rebuttal, but have no issue dismissing the statement.

17 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

No knowingly illustrated the problem with my explanation of why cops are killing black men. You offer no rebuttal, but have no issue dismissing the statement.

I have asked this so many many times and the refusal to answer tells me everything I need to know.   You portray this country as having a systemic problem with cops killing innocent unarmed black men.  Please tell me what percentage of the fatal shootings in this country is represented by innocent unarmed black men.!!!

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Oh ok. So you agree that cops are killing black men, just want everyone to make sure we knows it's not JUST white cops killing black men. Noted.

Problem still exists....cops are killing black men without justification.

White cops wake up every morning and the first thing on their mind is -- I'm going to go kill a black person.   It's hard to take anything serious when this type of stupidity is spewed!