What does Kaepernick protest

stevenash

In theory, his protest is about black men being shot by police.   I watched an interesting interview this morning that involved, Jason Riley, who is a writer for the Wall Street Journal and who is African American.  He said that while the coverage of these shooting has increased dramatically, the statistics show the allegations to be untrue.  As an example:  In 1971 in New York City, police shot 314 people, 93 of whom died.   In 2015, New York City police shot 23 people and 6 of them died.   Compare 6 to 93 and or 23 to314  and let me know what kind of "increase" that is. Mr. Riley stated that black men are 70% less likely to be shot than they were in the late 60's.   He also stated that a black Harvard Economist named Roland Fryer(spelling?) stated that black  suspects are actually LESS likely to be shot than white suspects.  If these numbers are accurate ( and I am assuming they are) it suggests that many of us are victims of a left wing media campaign that has been very successful in promoting such a narrative.

6 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Some people beg to differ. Why does it bother you so much that he exercised his right to peacefully protest? You need to really think about that. How did you feel about Rosa Parks and Ali?

Why does it bother you so much that people have a right to protest things they find offensive? You claim Kaepernick has the right to protest, but then say no one has the right to protest his protest. You really need to think about that, especially before trying to suppress someone's right to protest.

What do you mean some people beg to differ?  Do you mean some beg to differ by still insisting "hands up, don't shoot" was the truth.  The stats given by Mr. Riley speak volumes and I want you to tell me how someone "begs to differ" with those numbers/statistics.  Do you assume that every time someone protests that the protest is legitimate and well founded and based upon facts?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

You can protest his protest. Why does it upset you so much? Are you old enough to remember Rosa Parks and Ali. How did you feel about their protest?

If that is true, why do you care so much and express outrage at people who disagree with the way the NFL players are protesting? Why do you continually bring up the point that the players have the right to protest when no one is denying that. Your anger at White people is on full display, and you can do nothing but lash out exactly like your Liberal puppet masters have conditioned you to do. Nobody that is against the protests is upset at the protests, they are upset at the way the protests are being done...what the protest is targeting...the American Flag...which a symbol of American values. A simpleton would understand that. Why are you adamant on suppressing someone's right to defend their beliefs? And why do you continually throw out blanket stereotypes and try to judge people, when your education and comprehension skills dictate that you are incapable of such endeavors?

20 hours ago, Big girl said:

You can protest his protest. Why does it upset you so much? Are you old enough to remember Rosa Parks and Ali. How did you feel about their protest?

Most were upset with Rosa for not going to the back of the bus. Most called King a trouble maker. Kings peacfull protest were very unpopular.  Dirty cops are thinking twice at this time before shooting unarmed folks

23 hours ago, Englebert said:

Why does it bother you so much that people have a right to protest things they find offensive? You claim Kaepernick has the right to protest, but then say no one has the right to protest his protest. You really need to think about that, especially before trying to suppress someone's right to protest.

Kaepernick has protested peacefully. Unlike the prez he has not verbally disrespected anyone. He has donated much of his money to help people

23 hours ago, Englebert said:

Kaepernick has protested peacefully. Unlike the prez he has not verbally disrespected anyone. He has donated much of his money to help people

10 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Wearing socks depicting cops as pigs is all one needs to know about Kaepertwit.  He is a total pos!!

This is the hidden content, please

If dirty black cops were killing unarmed whites we would have a problem on our hands. I would be just as upset. I was upset about white cops being murdered. But you guys have no problem with unarmed blacks being killed.  Kinda like a line from a time to kill. Now imagine if the little girl was white.

16 minutes ago, six burg said:

Roof murders black folk and cops treat him to burger king 

18 minutes ago, six burg said:

You guys are more upset with Kapernick than you were with Dylan Roof 

Judging by the amount of post you have, doubt you were on the site during the Roof murders.  If my memory serves me correctly, everyone condemned those murders.  Where is your condemnation of the killings in Tennessee?  Glass house?

43 minutes ago, six burg said:

If dirty black cops were killing unarmed whites we would have a problem on our hands. I would be just as upset. I was upset about white cops being murdered. But you guys have no problem with unarmed blacks being killed.  Kinda like a line from a time to kill. Now imagine if the little girl was white.

So you still are in tune with the hands up, don't shoot lie?

47 minutes ago, six burg said:

Roof murders black folk and cops treat him to burger king 

Are you still trying to perpetuate that lie. Pathetic.

Maybe Roof had his hands up, shouting "don't shoot" when the cops arrested him.

I have no doubt you will be back on here (or another site) continually pushing the lie. Just like a good little Liberal sheeple, you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear, evidence be damned. Huffington Post is making you look foolish and naïve.