Vidor 42 Beaumont Central 21/FINAL

mytwocents-28

To answer everyone's questions, I was in Canada when the hurricane hit. Flight got cancelled and had to drive back from 230 miles north of Toronto.  Like everyone, I came home to flooding and a refinery which had been shut down badly. Lots of hours to go around. I'm back now but don't intend on putting as much on the board this year. Too much going on at home.

Welcome back Robanadana, Looks like the Pirates came out to play tonight. Congrats on first win, Central well im not sure what to think tonight, everyone was excited about new coach getting rid of Toby, well now I guess it is back to the drawing board, sounds like run game is nonexistent as well as defense, on a good note sounds like yall had success throwing the ball. hopefully there were no injuries time for a 5 day break and back to the drawing board.

15 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Welcome back Robanadana, Looks like the Pirates came out to play tonight. Congrats on first win, Central well im not sure what to think tonight, everyone was excited about new coach getting rid of Toby, well now I guess it is back to the drawing board, sounds like run game is nonexistent as well as defense, on a good note sounds like yall had success throwing the ball. hopefully there were no injuries time for a 5 day break and back to the drawing board.

This is the only thing I didn't understand.  I know you just can't abandon the running game but it was not producing while the passing game was.  But we insisted on 1st down, with the Pirates CB's in man and no Safety help, to try to run.  Putting us in 2nd and 3rd and long situations.  Our first score was an 80 yard bomb, they couldn't run with us 1 on 1.  Our next scoring drive was pretty much short and midrandge passes.  After that, it seems like we went away from it. 

2 hours ago, biaplayer said:

Current staff is good.  Toby was ok, but he seems to be in  about the same Predicament in Killeen, so he probably would've have mirrored the same lack of production going on at Central now....

4 hours ago, The Icon said:

I'm unsure what that is even referencing?

I'll help with that one.discipline won out lastnite.central is very talented. Thought offensively they could've played pitch and catch all nite on 1st down.vidor cb's we're in bail techniques trying to keep from getting beat deep.and I guess for whatever reason central didn't want to continue to attack those matchup. And on defense central doesn't know how to defend the wing t. D/line tried all nite to take on blocks up top.and they kept getting cut.me personally I hate the cut blocks bcz someone cud get injured. But that coach Matthews deserve every penny they are paying him.i applaud those kids from vidor all heart !!

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol.  I'm trying to look past it, but that word does chap my hide..

It's a very good trait for a football team to have, but I do agree that the actual term "discipline" is misused a lot in reference to some teams. But regardless, discipline does make a difference, no matter what color the team is.

Actually Splendora was horribly undisciplined when they played Dayton. Penalties late hits sloppy play so it's not just a word reserved for predominantly black schools. To me WOS is extremely well disciplined on the football field and it shows with their success. To me the word just speaks to the play and coaching not the ethnicity of the team.

This was a tough game for me to choose who I was pulling for. Both teams families and schools were devastated. I have prayed a bunch for both of these schools and kiddos. SO I guess I will say congrats Vidor and keep your chins up Central. The whole district is pulling for both of you guys to get through this storm and have some normalcy back in your lives. 

13 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

This is the only thing I didn't understand.  I know you just can't abandon the running game but it was not producing while the passing game was.  But we insisted on 1st down, with the Pirates CB's in man and no Safety help, to try to run.  Putting us in 2nd and 3rd and long situations.  Our first score was an 80 yard bomb, they couldn't run with us 1 on 1.  Our next scoring drive was pretty much short and midrandge passes.  After that, it seems like we went away from it. 

I didn't understand it either. Thought y'all should have passed more. Our run defense is pretty stout this year but, as always, we're succeptable to the long ball. Your QB has a good arm and the Jags will come around. This Harvey stuff has been hard on all of our kids.

3 hours ago, dj said:

I'll help with that one.discipline won out lastnite.central is very talented. Thought offensively they could've played pitch and catch all nite on 1st down.vidor cb's we're in bail techniques trying to keep from getting beat deep.and I guess for whatever reason central didn't want to continue to attack those matchup. And on defense central doesn't know how to defend the wing t. D/line tried all nite to take on blocks up top.and they kept getting cut.me personally I hate the cut blocks bcz someone cud get injured. But that coach Matthews deserve every penny they are paying him.i applaud those kids from vidor all heart !!

Vidor is played in the trenches with your nose in the dirt and plowing ground on the d-line, making piles and keeping 0-lineman and blocking backs off the linebackers and safeties playing the run.  You try to whip blocks high like other offenses, and you get beat, period.