Nederland 44 Livingston 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

Nederland is much improved over last season. I am cautiously optimistic about this group! It was nice to see us throwing downfield last night with lots of success. We are very deep at WR and Blaysin is spreading the ball around nicely. It was mostly swing passes and run plays vs Dayton with very few downfield passes, but last night was much more balanced and aggressive play calling and throwing downfield more. I like what I'm seeing thus far and the team plays with lots of energy! Reports of the Bulldogs demise are greatly exaggerated in my opinion!

2 hours ago, jake94 said:

Nederland is much improved over last season. I am cautiously optimistic about this group! It was nice to see us throwing downfield last night with lots of success. We are very deep at WR and Blaysin is spreading the ball around nicely. It was mostly swing passes and run plays vs Dayton with very few downfield passes, but last night was much more balanced and aggressive play calling and throwing downfield more. I like what I'm seeing thus far and the team plays with lots of energy! Reports of the Bulldogs demise are greatly exaggerated in my opinion!

I wouldn't go to far. Everyone has passed on this team. Tarkington, Diboll, Caney Creek.  I say this knowing Nederland could have easily dropped 70 80 points last night if they didn't stop trying midway in the third quarter. 

Nederland did what it was supposed to do beat a bad team and they played sound football. As long as they do that they'll make the playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Lots of talent spread around more than i seen in past years i think the dogs will be fine once this group starts to gel, we seem huge for as our lineman are. barrow seems to be a players coach i like how he tries to play as many as he can when we get a good lead instead of leaving players in when the game gets out of hand and getting a injury to someone when we not need them. also this will only help out down the road when they have a least played some before 

3 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I wouldn't go to far. Everyone has passed on this team. Tarkington, Diboll, Caney Creek.  I say this knowing Nederland could have easily dropped 70 80 points last night if they didn't stop trying midway in the third quarter. 

Nederland did what it was supposed to do beat a bad team and they played sound football. As long as they do that they'll make the playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Nobody is anointing them as district champs or anything.  Your right, they beat a bad team this week and who knows what Dayton is.  As long as they continue to improve they will compete for a playoff spot.  We won't learn much about them next week either but the first big test is coming up in 2 weeks.