Beaumont Legacy Christian 49 Sugar Land Logos Prep 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, SportsFan409 said:

A second year program in logos prep put up 21 points on legacy??? Am I reading this right? I guess I fully understand now why legacy cancelled the kelly game this year.  

Legacy cancelled the Kelly game so that they could make up a district game that they lost last week due to Hurricane Harvey.

waterboy I can guarantee you 100% that's not true. Legacy wanted no part of kelly. Kelly was trying to at least scrimmage them last weekend on Saturday and I heard the head coach over there wouldn't even return a phone call or nothing. Legacy wanted no part of kelly this year I can guarantee you that. Lol that made me laugh though. Kelly running from legacy. Hahaha

58 minutes ago, waterboy6890 said:

Schedule says you guys were supposed to play Kountze last Friday? Did Kountze pull out of that game? 

What happened was that Coach Joubert informed Kelly that the field in Kountze, who was scheduled to host the game, was not in a condition in which a game could be safely played and that if the game were to take place, Kelly would have to host it.  With the water situation the way it was in Beaumont, I figure that Kelly thought that it probably not safe to play a game in Beaumont, either.  So the game did not take place.

It was just a situation of both coaching staffs looking out for the safety of all involved.

2 hours ago, SportsFan409 said:

waterboy I can guarantee you 100% that's not true. Legacy wanted no part of kelly. Kelly was trying to at least scrimmage them last weekend on Saturday and I heard the head coach over there wouldn't even return a phone call or nothing. Legacy wanted no part of kelly this year I can guarantee you that. Lol that made me laugh though. Kelly running from legacy. Hahaha

I think you are letting your fervor for the Bulldogs get in the way of the facts. 

Legacy was supposed to start district two weeks ago.  But both that game (which is the game they played this weekend) and the Houston Lutheran North game last week had to be postponed.  As Legacy did not have a game in Week 1, there were no open weeks for it to make up the lost games without dropping its game with Kelly (which happened to be their lone non-district affair).  TAPPS did some revamping of their schedule, but many teams lost their remaining open date and Legacy had to give up their game with Kelly.

As to last weekend, if you look at Legacy's revamped schedule, for last week it says "Hurricane Recovery."  That phrase I think you can attribute to many residents and schools last week. There area a number of area teams who felt that their school was not ready to even scrimmage. 

18 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I think you are letting your fervor for the Bulldogs get in the way of the facts. 

Legacy was supposed to start district two weeks ago.  But both that game (which is the game they played this weekend) and the Houston Lutheran North game last week had to be postponed.  As Legacy did not have a game in Week 1, there were no open weeks for it to make up the lost games without dropping its game with Kelly (which happened to be their lone non-district affair).  TAPPS did some revamping of their schedule, but many teams lost their remaining open date and Legacy had to give up their game with Kelly.

As to last weekend, if you look at Legacy's revamped schedule, for last week it says "Hurricane Recovery."  That phrase I think you can attribute to many residents and schools last week. There area a number of area teams who felt that their school was not ready to even scrimmage. 

And I understand that. From what I heard the whole situation was handled poorly by the athletic director at legacy and administration. No one ever touched base with kelly to inform them of any of that. Which if that's true and no one returned any phone calls to kelly from legacy that leads me to believe that they were scared and wanted nothing to do with kelly. That's all I am saying. Don't quote me on that that's what I have heard and that's what I'll believe until someone proves me otherwise. 

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

What happened was that Coach Joubert informed Kelly that the field in Kountze, who was scheduled to host the game, was not in a condition in which a game could be safely played and that if the game were to take place, Kelly would have to host it.  With the water situation the way it was in Beaumont, I figure that Kelly thought that it probably not safe to play a game in Beaumont, either.  So the game did not take place.

It was just a situation of both coaching staffs looking out for the safety of all involved.

Interesting. I could have swore I heard that Kountze wanted to play and got the Lumberton field reserved for Friday around 2 pm and Kelly backed out? But that's just a rumor but I thought I could trust that person. 

8 minutes ago, waterboy6890 said:

Interesting. I could have swore I heard that Kountze wanted to play and got the Lumberton field reserved for Friday around 2 pm and Kelly backed out? But that's just a rumor but I thought I could trust that person. 

And for all I know that your friend may be right.  My last communication with Joubert on the matter was the one listed above.  What Kelly's reaction was is mere speculation as Smith has not returned an email of mine since he started there.

21 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

And I understand that. From what I heard the whole situation was handled poorly by the athletic director at legacy and administration. No one ever touched base with kelly to inform them of any of that. Which if that's true and no one returned any phone calls to kelly from legacy that leads me to believe that they were scared and wanted nothing to do with kelly. That's all I am saying. Don't quote me on that that's what I have heard and that's what I'll believe until someone proves me otherwise. 

34 minutes ago, SportsFan409 said:

You know, you can believe whatever the heck you want.  I knew as of last week that the Legacy/Kelly game wasn't going to happen.  And by your own account, the folks at Kelly knew that as well at about the same time as by your account they were requesting a scrimmage.  As to not returning phone calls about a game, I think most can agree that there were a lot of things going on and that returning a phone call about a scrimmage when you knew you weren't able to play a game was not real high on the priority list.

Kelly didn't lose a game, they played last weekend.  So I really don't know what you are all hyped about.  What?  Do you believe that beating a school out of TAPPS smallest 11 man division gives you some kind of notch in you belt and you are all upset at being denied that chance?

And finally, why would Legacy be scared of Kelly?  Legacy beat them 29-14 last year.

34 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You know, you can believe whatever the heck you want.  I knew as of last week that the Legacy/Kelly game wasn't going to happen.  And by your own account, the folks at Kelly knew that as well at about the same time as by your account they were requesting a scrimmage.  As to not returning phone calls about a game, I think most can agree that there were a lot of things going on and that returning a phone call about a scrimmage when you knew you weren't able to play a game was not real high on the priority list.

Kelly didn't lose a game, they played last weekend.  So I really don't know what you are all hyped about.  What?  Do you believe that beating a school out of TAPPS smallest 11 man division gives you some kind of notch in you belt and you are all upset at being denied that chance?

And finally, why would Legacy be scared of Kelly?  Legacy beat them 29-14 last year.

Maybe because that game would have given Kelly it's only chance of a win this year? Maybe?

Legacy beat the worst team in kelly history last year. Only 29-14 that says something.....legacy should be embarrassed since they are so good lol. 29-14 to a kelly team that lost 428-28 last year. Legacy had all that talent last year and still couldn't do anything with it. Still couldn't get out of the first round. So let me go ahead speak before anyone else can cause I know it's coming....."when was the last time kelly made the playoffs?" It was 2015!!  well it I hate talking about the past so that's the last I'll talk about it. I hope they have a good season this year as to every team In SETX. I love highschool football and I love good debates. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season