West Orange-Stark at Port Neches-Groves Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

So, the PNG peeps didn't answer my question. Do y'all think, objectively, WOS has a championship caliber team again?

That's a question I don't think anyone can answer.w.o will get better but our best running back #23 is having to start at LB so that's a lot.we need a receiver to stretch the fieldĀ 

6 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Well,from listening to what Ronnie is saying, he is making it out like WOS is garbage. Easy to jump on the bandwagon I see. Not talking about you,Ā Ash.Ā 

He hasn't said anything like that lol. Early on does WOS look as good as last year....no. Coach T hasĀ straight up said "we're not very good right now."

Both teams were very vanilla. PNG only threw deep 4Ā times. Two were touchdowns. The other was broken up at the goal lineĀ at the last second. Then there was an Hail Mary picked off.Ā 

The WOS secondary needs some work.

Ā 

I remember when wos lost both scrimmages and went 15 0 in the regular season and won it all!!!! I don't care about blowing teams out no team is the same weather u have the same people or not it going to be different each year no matter what any sport on any level that's why u have great coaches to adjust and get all u can outĀ Ā your players every year on all levels no road is easyĀ 

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

way too early to say, it was a good scrimmage. RJ to Riggs is a thing of beauty, a lot of people will get torched by that combination, if we can get Stansbury to make plays and Preston Hughes to do his thing it will be a fun season. WOS will be fine, They put pressure on RJ every play, our offensive line was struggling. I believe as time rolls on WOS will fine tune the offense and the defense and run thru their district as usual and steamroll deep into the playoffs. I didn't like the touch QB crap but you have to protect your players. Couldn't believe the ref let PNG Sack the WOS QB like they did. WOS had a TD stopped on the Option pitch that I thought was premature. I think both teams will do very well this year, good to see both teams rebuilding and knocking the rust off. IT will be a fun ride this year for both teams, good luck to WOS will be following them as I always do come playoff time. Curious to see how PNG looks against West Brook next week.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for

1 hour ago, AshlyVYPE said:

He hasn't said anything like that lol. Early on does WOS look as good as last year....no. Coach T hasĀ straight up said "we're not very good right now."

Both teams were very vanilla. PNG only threw deep 4Ā times. Two were touchdowns. The other was broken up at the goal lineĀ at the last second. Then there was an Hail Mary picked off.Ā 

Ā 

Sorry to correct u.it was only one guy in secondary and the rover that blew coverage.even on the long bomb #18 had no clue wat is going on.thats why they put last year starter back in. I think DJ is out the dog house. And for the most part png wr wasn't Ā open.Ā 

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I remember when wos lost both scrimmages and went 15 0 in the regular season and won it all!!!! I don't care about blowing teams out no team is the same weather u have the same people or not it going to be different each year no matter what any sport on any level that's why u have great coaches to adjust and get all u can outĀ Ā your players every year on all levels no road is easyĀ 

And one of those scrimmage loses was to png . @ png in 1987.Ā 

From my perspective WOS defense was a typical WOS defense. They were fast and physical. WOS D line did a good job. I liked the fact that our young line went up against them, it is good experience. WOS running back is very fast, he will see a lot of yards this year. I think our running game did pretty good and will get better. We do have some young ones out on the field this year which surprised me and they are very athletic. Our D looked good but can't wait for Sergio to get back. He is a play maker. RJ to Riggs is is going get crazy this year. When Stansbury gets situated it will be even better. Hughes will be tough to stop. All in all it was a good scrimmage. WOS will be tough to beat in my opinion, but that is usually a given.

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

I remember when wos lost both scrimmages and went 15 0 in the regular season and won it all!!!! I don't care about blowing teams out no team is the same weather u have the same people or not it goingt each year no matter what any sport on any level that's why u have great coacho adjust and get all u can outĀ Ā yers every year on all levels

For whatever reason this quote won't go away on my response. So I'm not responding this lol.Ā 

The secondary statement was based on the players on the field and what I recordedĀ on video. Blown coverages and mistakes happen.

Faircloth is trying to get the running game going. That's obvious. Also anyĀ scrimmage with QB's like Johnson and Watkins are hard to evaluate. Both guys can extend plays with their legs, but neither were allowed to do so with the format.Ā 

Both teams looked very good for a first scrimmage. You can tell the off season work had them prepared. RJ definitely is a weapon that will put pressure on the other teams defenses. Threw the ball really well. I think he had one scramble he may have scored on if not for the protect the QB rule. WOS did have the one option play that was killed early also that would have been a TD.Ā Ā Very smart move on Ā both sides to red jersey the QB and keep them healthy. No doubt from this starting point to later in the season both should progress to be very fine teams and make good playoff runs if the key players stay healthy.Ā 

2 hours ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Ā 

I figured that. Just wanted to take a shot at Ronnie. I owe him some grief from when we were kids. Lol!

2 hours ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Ā 

Oh, and also, we're talking about a coach that always knows WOS can be better. Heck, if I'm not mistaken, he wasn't too happy about the Navarro Semi Final last year. At least I'm pretty sure that was the game. And we won 49-7 or something like that. And you know Ash, Cocah T will never show his hand and will always expect nothing but perfection in a game for all 48 minutes. If it's not 112%, it's not good enough. That's why he is a legendary coach.

2 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

From my perspective WOS defense was a typical WOS defense. They were fast and physical. WOS D line did a good job. I liked the fact that our young line went up against them, it is good experience. WOS running back is very fast, he will see a lot of yards this year. I think our running game did pretty good and will get better. We do have some young ones out on the field this year which surprised me and they are very athletic. Our D looked good but can't wait for Sergio to get back. He is a play maker. RJ to Riggs is is going get crazy this year. When Stansbury gets situated it will be even better. Hughes will be tough to stop. All in all it was a good scrimmage. WOS will be tough to beat in my opinion, but that is usually a given.

Perfect, thanks for answering my question. I asked PNG fans to answer because I know y'all would be unbiased. Oh and from what I have seen in that little 2 min Vype video. RJ is the truth. No hype. I'll be following and rooting on for the NDNs! Lets getĀ both of our teams to make a run in 5A and 4A!!!!! Nothing like SETX football! Good luck PNG and I pray y'all will stay healthy and can represent our area like I believe y'all will!!

I don't believe you will get nothing negative about WOS from any PNG fan on this board. There is nothing but respect for WOS, they are the top team year in and year out in their district, Respect is what they have earned and that is what they will get. But I will say I was very pleased from what I saw with our offense, the big plays came and that pleased me, The running game will come, I liked the way our sophomore ran the ball, he is gonna be a good one, had it not been for that bad snap over RJs head I don't think the stangs would have gotten the field goal, just my food for thoughts. I believe both teams will make a lot of noise this year in the playoffs, And I believe PAM will also as they have some great talent also.

14 hours ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Ā 

Actually, the secondary did pretty well. A big reason why Roshon was running out of the pocket so much is that most of the time he had no open receiver to throw to. The coverage was good most of the night.Ā 

As a WO-S fan, allow me to make this comment about PNG. I hope Faircloth will insist on working the running game and not use Roshon to "bail out" the offense too much. In other words, don't "Robert Griffin" your offense. Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan made the mistake of calling Griffin's number too much, which allowed for too much unnecessary contact and shortening his career. As good as Roshon is, work on the running game and passing game as much as possible and only use the QB to run as a last resort (if no one is open) or for an occasional designed play call. You want that kid to be fresh by the end of the season and for the playoffs. So, make the game plan work in favor of Roshon taking as few hits as possible. Save those QB scrambles and runs for the playoffs when you'll need it and opponents will not expect it. I enjoyed watching him last night. It's always good to see top notch talent like himĀ come fromĀ the Golden Triangle. I'm not really a UT fan, but I'm rooting for that kid.Ā 

he made the catch defender knocked it out of his hands with a tomahawk swipe, throw was point on from RJ. He just needs to protect it once he gets his hands on it.Ā Kid will get better just needs some games under his belt, Gonna be a fun year, Need to get the defense ready bunch of young fellas but look like we have a lil speed and size in secondary. Hopefully we don't have to outscore folks play for play.

On August 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM, AshlyVYPE said:

Ā 

Unfortunately, they won't get any in this weeks scrimmage. Ā