New health care bill

westend1

On 5/4/2017 at 1:07 PM, Tigers2010 said:

It will be hard for this new bill to triple my premiums. So to answer your question, it can't worsen my situation, and can't be worse than what Obama did for me.

While you are sitting on your high horse, you need to pray that you and your family members dont get seriously ill. Watching someone you love ,die, because of inadequate healthcare is an earth shattering experience.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Where are these women? Someone inappropriately grab my wife, she will put marks on him herself, then he will be arrested pronto.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Exactly, so when was Trump assaulted or charged? NEVER.

Did they not cover those stories on FoxNews?  I remember at least 4 or so who came forward. But just because Trump said he assaulted women and women said he assaulted them doesn't make it true...I understand.  

But once again, we are off topic:

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?

— Isaiah 10:1-3

On 5/4/2017 at 1:52 PM, Tigers2010 said:

The bill would eliminate tax penalties Obama's law which has clamped down on people who don't buy coverage

I love it. Now, I can just do like those who are too lazy to work for their own plan, not have one

The bill would block federal payments to Planned Parenthood for a year.

Love this too.

What about the massive cuts in Medicaid and Medicare? The pre existing condition clause. The fact that babies that are born with health problems wont be able to obtain coverage? Do you like that?

20 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So the country will go down the tubes if the fed gov doesn't provide healthcare?

It's either central planning for the masses or nihilism...smh.

Were there millions dying in the streets before 2008?

You might die, if you become seriously ill

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

Do you think the higher power would advocate for government run single-payer healthcare in which everyone has their wages forcibly confiscated to support the have-nots, or do you think He would support a capitalistic free-market approach in which catastrophic and pre-existing conditions are dealt with by charity organizations? (I don't think it's possible to load a question more than that.)

Does Trump like the idea? He praised Australia's system, yet he allowed someone to draft that  ridiculous healthcare bill. He is so stupid. He said their healthcare system is better than ours. (They have Universal Healthcare)

This is the hidden content, please

31 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Does Trump like the idea? He praised Australia's system, yet he allowed someone to draft that  ridiculous healthcare bill. He is so stupid. He said their healthcare system is better than ours. (They have Universal Healthcare)

This is the hidden content, please

Why are you quoting me? Do you have the foggiest idea of what I think about Trump and his healthcare? It is clear you do not.

Regardless if you are a Dem. or Rep., we should all agree on some basic principles for all of mankind (humankind):

1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

2. To those who have been given much, much will be required of you.

3. Those less fortunate (by no circumstance or choosing of their own) should be able to get help/assistance.  As one of the wealthiest and greatest nations on earth, with a society of innovative, successful and caring people, we should find a way to offer assistance and care to our elderly, disabled, children/infants, widows/widowers, and orphans.  A combination of private, charitable and public funds should be available to help our neediest neighbors.  No one should have to go hungry, go without medicine, or have to choose between eating one hot meal vs. paying for medication to survive another day.  Go out and volunteer.  Take a Saturday and deliver Meals on Wheels.  You will meet great people who will make you think twice about ending all social programs.  Too many elderly people and families with special needs children/adults having to make tough choices about eating versus paying for health care/doctor's visits/medicine.  I've met them.  These are not people looking to abuse social programs.  These are retirees who have just enough to make ends meet, but they have to forego some necessities, e.g., they don't turn on the A/C or water for fear of a high utility bill, they don't shower everyday for fear of a high utility bill, they don't eat everyday because they need $100 or $200 at the end of the month for more medication.  These issues will move you to be more compassionate and less worried about Dems v. Reps., less worried about having a few extra dollars taken from you paycheck to help provide for your community.

4. We need to find a way to ensure that systemic and/or individual abuse of social programs is stopped.  Like most people, I don't like it when I see or hear about welfare kings and queens.  But, that dislike does not move me to the extreme of ending all social programs for our most neediest brothers and sisters.  We need to be fiscally responsible.  Hardworking people will pay taxes and give to charities to help others, but there is no denying that abuse of the public programs diminishes one's willingness to pay those taxes or to freely give.  We need to find the right balance.

When I visit this forum, there is always too much extreme focus on the left vs. the right.  Start looking at what's in the middle.  Few people on the extreme left or right.  There's a whole bunch of great people in the middle.

Go Indians.  Peace.

3 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Regardless if you are a Dem. or Rep., we should all agree on some basic principles for all of mankind (humankind):

1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

2. To those who have been given much, much will be required of you.

3. Those less fortunate (by no circumstance or choosing of their own) should be able to get help/assistance.  As one of the wealthiest and greatest nations on earth, with a society of innovative, successful and caring people, we should find a way to offer assistance and care to our elderly, disabled, children/infants, widows/widowers, and orphans.  A combination of private, charitable and public funds should be available to help our neediest neighbors.  No one should have to go hungry, go without medicine, or have to choose between eating one hot meal vs. paying for medication to survive another day.  Go out and volunteer.  Take a Saturday and deliver Meals on Wheels.  You will meet great people who will make you think twice about ending all social programs.  Too many elderly people and families with special needs children/adults having to make tough choices about eating versus paying for health care/doctor's visits/medicine.  I've met them.  These are not people looking to abuse social programs.  These are retirees who have just enough to make ends meet, but they have to forego some necessities, e.g., they don't turn on the A/C or water for fear of a high utility bill, they don't shower everyday for fear of a high utility bill, they don't eat everyday because they need $100 or $200 at the end of the month for more medication.  These issues will move you to be more compassionate and less worried about Dems v. Reps., less worried about having a few extra dollars taken from you paycheck to help provide for your community.

4. We need to find a way to ensure that systemic and/or individual abuse of social programs is stopped.  Like most people, I don't like it when I see or hear about welfare kings and queens.  But, that dislike does not move me to the extreme of ending all social programs for our most neediest brothers and sisters.  We need to be fiscally responsible.  Hardworking people will pay taxes and give to charities to help others, but there is no denying that abuse of the public programs diminishes one's willingness to pay those taxes or to freely give.  We need to find the right balance.

When I visit this forum, there is always too much extreme focus on the left vs. the right.  Start looking at what's in the middle.  Few people on the extreme left or right.  There's a whole bunch of great people in the middle.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Do you believe the American people should be forced to provide help for the poor? Should it be an individual decision made by each to which they see fit, or a government mandated decision through confiscation of wages through taxation?

Yes.  I have no issue with a portion my tax dollars being used to fund programs for those most in need.  I pay taxes for lots of things, e.g., the military, highways, federal and state parks, etc., all of which I appreciate, am thankful for, and enjoy.  Why not use a portion of tax dollars to help something more important than material things ---> people.  I'm not for funding welfare kinds and queens, but I am for helping others that need it.  I'm all for finding the proper balance.

Go Indians.  Peace.

3 hours ago, nappyroots said:

I would never support President Obama saying that he could grab women by the p. He has two daughters, that alone would prevent him from saying something so asinine.

Yet you support the Hollywood celebrities and their "casting couches". You have no stance. You simply spew the flavor of the day. Simple.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Do you believe the American people should be forced to provide help for the poor? Should it be an individual decision made by each to which they see fit, or a government mandated decision through confiscation of wages through taxation?

Exactly right, it SHOULD be an individual decision, not forced.

Billions are given every year in such a way through tithe and charities.

Libs claim that gov is the most effective source of charity, while knowing it enslaves folks just to get their votes for the crumbs they deem they need...smh.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

B.S. it helped people with pre-existing conditions who couldnt obtain coverage if they we ill in the past. It also helped people with chronic illnesses. Before the ACA, once the  insurance company spent 3 million dollars on your care, they would kick you off of their plan. It has helped college students by allowing them to stay on their parents health plan until the age of 26. My son hopes to get into medical school, so this is great. It helped the working poor, people who made to much to receive medicaid, but not enough to afford other coverage through Medicaid expansion. How can someone make a  comment about the ACA when they know nothing about it?

Are we doing this again?   I call you out and you run and hide?

You've admitted multiple times on this site that both you and your husband are RN's yet somehow make less than the $52k a year combined so your family can qualify for Obamacare.   Either you are the 2 lowest paid RN's in the state or you are committing insurance fraud.  Which is it?