Current, former WO-S football players sought in spring break brawl

AggiesAreWe

This is the hidden content, please

The links works better if you are on a computer instead of a phone.

Interesting read, detailing witness statements given regarding the incident. It sounds like they have quite a bit of "evidence" against Morris Joseph.... mutliple people claim to have witnessed the initial skirmish between MJ and Frillou and it sounds like he might have reached out to Frillou after the attack, if I understand what I read. Rufus and DT are singled out by what sounds to be a single witness (a mom) as kicking Frillou after he was injured.  The last guy "D" was identified by someone who knew him previously as kicking Frillou after he was down.  

Keeping in mind that these are just affidavits detailing witness' accounts of the event, I feel like they all could be in some serious trouble.  The affidavits also indicate that there are videos of the events, and it'll be interesting to see how it all works out. 

I have to admit I have mixed emotions about the video.  Just a personal thing.  Great for deciding guilt, but I'm getting burnt out on watching man's inhumanity to man.  How members of our police continuously handle things like this is a tribute to them, but must place a heavy burden for them to carry.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

I have to admit I have mixed emotions about the video.  Just a personal thing.  Great for deciding guilt, but I'm getting burnt out on watching man's inhumanity to man.  How members of our police continuously handle things like this is a tribute to them, but must place a heavy burden for them to carry.

I guess it's the "CSI" generation that we live in.  In the old days an eyewitness's testimony was enough to get a conviction.  Today we feel like DNA/video evidence is necessary to convict someone of a crime.  

I'll be curious to see how this all turns out.  it sounds like there are some pretty strong witnesses in the case that gave statements directly involving the WOS players.  If that's the case, they might be in serious trouble. 

"A female witness told detectives while she was trying to get somewhere safe on that day of March 18th, she saw Frillou get hit by 18-year-old Morris Joseph.

Another witness says quote: "Rufus Joseph and Deionte Thompson were two of the people that were kicking Frillou after he fell to the ground." The witness also described Thompson's clothing.

21-year-old Daletredric Wolfford known as "D" was identified in a witness statement as kicking Frillou in the head while he was on the ground."

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess it's the "CSI" generation that we live in.  In the old days an eyewitness's testimony was enough to get a conviction.  Today we feel like DNA/video evidence is necessary to convict someone of a crime.  

Excellent point!  We forget how things change.

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'll be curious to see how this all turns out.  it sounds like there are some pretty strong witnesses in the case that gave statements directly involving the WOS players.  If that's the case, they might be in serious trouble. 

"A female witness told detectives while she was trying to get somewhere safe on that day of March 18th, she saw Frillou get hit by 18-year-old Morris Joseph.

Another witness says quote: "Rufus Joseph and Deionte Thompson were two of the people that were kicking Frillou after he fell to the ground." The witness also described Thompson's clothing.

21-year-old Daletredric Wolfford known as "D" was identified in a witness statement as kicking Frillou in the head while he was on the ground."

That's another thing you use to not see a lot of, kicking people who are down.  Someone needs to explain to kids you could kill someone doing that.  Crazy stuff, and little accountability.  And I'm not just referring to this incident.  Seen it several times in videos.  Wish I could wave a magic wand and make it stop, but like most, I'm clueless.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

That's another thing you use to not see a lot of, kicking people who are down.  Someone needs to explain to kids you could kill someone doing that.  Crazy stuff, and little accountability.  And I'm not just referring to this incident.  Seen it several times in videos.  Wish I could wave a magic wand and make it stop, but like most, I'm clueless.

When the mob mentality takes over, thinking about your actions flies out the window.

1 hour ago, workbootz said:

The lady couldn't identify Thompson.  She assumed it was him because he had an Alabama hat on.  I call bs on that.  If I see a guy with a Cowboys hat on stomping somebody,  I assume it was Dez Bryant because of the hat.

If I understood the affidavits correctly, she watched video taken around the time of the attack and pointed out the guys that she saw doing the kicking. Somebody from Orange identified the people the lady pointed out in the video. 

She didn't know him or that he played for Alabama. 

But I'll try to follow your reasoning.  Lady tries to jam DT because he plays for Alabama... why is she trying to frame the other kid?

On 04/16/2017 at 9:13 PM, ECBucFan said:
10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If I understood the affidavits correctly, she watched video taken around the time of the attack and pointed out the guys that she saw doing the kicking. Somebody from Orange identified the people the lady pointed out in the video. 

But I'll try to follow your reasoning.  Lady tries to jam DT because he plays for Alabama... why is she trying to frame the other kid?

Well, lets be clear about this. If, as I said, THE ROLES WERE REVERSED, there would be in all likely hood be a massive outcry and hard allegations of it being a "hate crime" being screamed by the media. They would run the beating on TV 24/7 to inflame the masses, and groups like BLM would likely be marching in the streets of Galveston. From there, who knows what COULD happen when mob mentality takes over. Riots? Windows smashed? Patrol cars torched? LEO's assaulted? Certainly not a sure thing by any means but entirely possible.

Instead of worrying about the ALLEGED (OK?) perpetrators who absolutely deserves fair trials, lets concern ourselves about the victim, Noah Frillou, why don't we? More from his Mom:

His mother, Kim Smalley, saw a short video of her son bleeding and in pain after he was beaten. She posted her account of the assault on social media, where she explained that her son was not a participant in a fight.

"The incident started as a large fight began to erupt on the beach; a fight between two groups that my son was not a party to, and as he was attempting to move himself and a young lady away," "He allegedly got too close and was mistaken as a party. This was when he was blindsided by a sucker punch to the face as his back was turned. As he lay defenseless, others joined and he was kicked, and possibly hit, in the face. The beating resulted in substantial injuries. In addition to a concussion, every bone in his face above the mandible is either broken or fractured.

"He will have a surgery to insert titanium plates to connect the pieces of bone that support the mandible. This will stabilize the jaw so it will be aligned and open and close correctly. The jaw will be wired shut and he will have a tracheotomy. As of now, he has been withdrawn from college and we deal with the concussion symptoms day by day. His face will never be the same and his future has been altered. This incident has completely turned our world upside down and impacted everyone in our family. "

This innocent boy was beaten within an inch of his young life. That is what we need to focus on. Noah, you are in my prayers. May God heal you and comfort you and your family. 

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

As far as DT goes from my understanding is someone said his name due to wearing an Alabama hat and or shirt.Not necessarily framing him.And this may be wrong,just seems to be what's going around...

Very little good can come from high school kids at on a beach vacation with other kids where alcohol is readily available.  I know many much older than aren't mature enough to handle that responsibility.  Even if they abstain, they are still potentially in harm's way.  Just a personal belief that my wife and I share that my kids don't necessarily like.  I realize that some of the kids allegedly involved were young college students, but still not legal drinking age.  As REBgp correctly pointed out, kids and alcohol can be a recipe for disaster. 

20 hours ago, workbootz said:

The lady couldn't identify Thompson.  She assumed it was him because he had an Alabama hat on.  I call bs on that.  If I see a guy with a Cowboys hat on stomping somebody,  I assume it was Dez Bryant because of the hat.

Actually she DID identify him.  She was able to do so due to his outfit, as well as his white Alabama hat.  She didn't give his name because she didn't know his name, but in this case she didn't need to, as she was able to watch video of the event and show who she'd seen that was involved.  Unless there was another kid with a similar build wearing the same white Alabama hat running around, I'd say this is a pretty solid identification. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Actually she DID identify him.  She was able to do so due to his outfit, as well as his white Alabama hat.  She didn't give his name because she didn't know his name, but in this case she didn't need to, as she was able to watch video of the event and show who she'd seen that was involved.  Unless there was another kid with a similar build wearing the same white Alabama hat running around, I'd say this is a pretty solid identification. 

I agree. The explanation presented in the affidavits makes the lady identification of DT and Rufus seem pretty solid. It seemed like the person that ID'd "D" gave an even more convincing ID based on recognizing "D" from before. It sounds like they have the most compelling evidence on MJ, especially if he reached out to the victim afterwards. It would also indicate remorse, which is actually in the big guy's favor. 

The other thing that could work against the suspects is that Galveston County is going to investigate and prosecute the matter. I'd like the young mens' chances better if they were being tried in Orange County. 

The severity of the kid's injuries will almost require substantial punishment, I'm afraid. 

If it turns out that a slur was the trigger for the attack, how ironic is it that each of the attackers likely owns a library of tunes that feature that word? I hope it was worth it. 

Guest ECBucFan
On 4/19/2017 at 1:07 PM, bullets13 said:

...it sounds like there are some pretty strong witnesses in the case that gave statements directly involving the WOS players.  If that's the case, they might be in serious trouble.

Doubtful for one, at least. Nick Sabens high dollar lawyers should be able to get Deionte Thompson off with barely a slap on the wrist. They clean up stuff like this all the time.  

Dude is a Bama baller, after all. Roll Tide.     

On 4/19/2017 at 1:23 PM, REBgp said:

Agree 1000%!!!