Port Neches-Groves 7 Lumberton 3/FINAL

WOSgrad

9 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

It was actually png players and coach 

HAHA....typical Raidergirl response....I love how its never the great kids from Lumberton in the wrong. I'm pretty sure I've read other comments from you about how the other team did this and that. You do realize their is two teams out there and it takes two to have a situation. 

The Lumberton players were not the ones, you are correct....however....running through the catcher and shoving catcher is a violation of the rule and if deemed malicious the player should be ejected and the slide at 2B was what got the coach on the field....should have been an automatic double play because you can't make contact with the 2nd Baseman past the bag or to the side of bag...this rule was put in for safety of all athletes....personally I like the take his a$$ out play but not allowed any longer....Coach was protecting his players from injuries. And umpires that do this job as a hobby for the extra cash and don't read or understand the rule book are a problem.  

1 hour ago, Areacode337 said:

The Lumberton players were not the ones, you are correct....however....running through the catcher and shoving catcher is a violation of the rule and if deemed malicious the player should be ejected and the slide at 2B was what got the coach on the field....should have been an automatic double play because you can't make contact with the 2nd Baseman past the bag or to the side of bag...this rule was put in for safety of all athletes....personally I like the take his a$$ out play but not allowed any longer....Coach was protecting his players from injuries. And umpires that do this job as a hobby for the extra cash and don't read or understand the rule book are a problem.  

I can agree with this, very well put.

52 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

My comments were just to ruffle the feathers...pun intended of my friend raidergirl

Hey bud. Be careful what you say about the fans of Lumberton!

The Grad will be a resident of that community as of next Monday!

Wait! I'm moving to Lumberton?

HONEY, ARE YOU SURE WE GOT THAT ADDRESS CORRECT!!!????

Lol, heck i'm going to show my age, but I remember in the 80's our youth team beat Lumberton in all stars. Well both teams happen to be at THE PALACE for teen night and one thing led to another and it was a brawl involving 13 year old kids. Lumberton vs. Amelia West End. The good ol' days. Lumberton usually doesn't take losing lightly. Another time, we played Lumberton at Central HS in Big League and fight broke out between us and Lumberton. Police were at the next game. LOL

15 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Very awesome news   Can we do the broadcasts again?????

18 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Bring some of that WOS football talent with you!!

18 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, heck i'm going to show my age, but I remember in the 80's our youth team beat Lumberton in all stars. Well both teams happen to be at THE PALACE for teen night and one thing led to another and it was a brawl involving 13 year old kids. Lumberton vs. Amelia West End. The good ol' days. Lumberton usually doesn't take losing lightly. Another time, we played Lumberton at Central HS in Big League and fight broke out between us and Lumberton. Police were at the next game. LOL

What years did you play big league? And did you play for coach Pace?

4 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

What years did you play big league? And did you play for coach Pace?

1990-1992, no he was probably before me. Had a cousin on team that went to World Series. He might of coached them. We picked up i think Tal Light and Wade White from Lumberton, but got beat by (Tomball, Magnolia,  and The Woodlands combined team) for the sectional championship.

2 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

That Tal Light was a big ol boy! He struck out likes 2 times and we were talking smack then he came up and hit one over the lights!

Lol, they had some good one's including Ryan Verde (spelling). I remember playing the Bronson brothers one year when they combined with Tyler County and thought he's just a football player. He hit a bomb off of me that I think cleared Hwy. 190. Lol