Silsbee 98 Hardin-Jefferson 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

I predicted 98-62 at the start of the game.  I'm super impressed with the Tigers' team speed and ability to move the ball up the court on the break.  They scored a couple of layups where they took the ball the length of the court and made a layup without the ball ever touching the floor. Good luck the rest of the way, tigers!

Good win by the Tigers but definitely not one of our better played games overall. First of course was terrible shooting at the free throw line.  Then we had our second straight game where we jumped out big but kind of disappear in the second quarter. We als need to cut out the unforced turnovers.  We must have had at least 5 or 6 passes tonight that were just not good.  Mistakes like that may be very costly in a tighter game.  

Still proud of my guys and the way they are getting afte it out there.  And I said it before and will say it again,  it always feels good to send HJ home.

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A few quick stats

Silsbee was 14/33 (42%) FT, 6/33 (18%) 3 point. Tigers also had 23 turnovers. Silsbee out rebounded the Hawks 51-30. HJ had 35 turnovers.

Silsbee out scored HJ 55-29 in 2nd half.

Did not realize we were that bad from behind the arc.

47 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A few quick stats

Silsbee was 14/33 (42%) FT, 6/33 (18%) 3 point. Tigers also had 23 turnovers. Silsbee out rebounded the Hawks 51-30. HJ had 35 turnovers.

Silsbee out scored HJ 55-29 in 2nd half.

Wow!!! I wasn't at the game, but it seems like HJ allowed a ton of layups. Transition defense certainly would & slowing the game down may have kept them within 20 points. Silsbee definitely is as talented as advertised, but the question & comment I have are; how can a Coach of Silsbee's experience @ longevity allow his team to jack up 30+  3's in a 32 minute game?? Old school Coaches catering to this Asinine summer ball style of play. If you can't run an offensive set young pups, you will be riding the pine or on the first thing smoking back to SETX if you're fortunate enough to play at the next level. I'm sure the kids practice FT's constantly, so I'm not sure why they shot so poorly. Hopefully against better competition Silsbee can tighten up a few areas as some of their fans mentioned previously 

7 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Wow!!! I wasn't at the game, but it seems like HJ allowed a ton of layups. Transition defense certainly would & slowing the game down may have kept them within 20 points. Silsbee definitely is as talented as advertised, but the question & comment I have are; how can a Coach of Silsbee's experience @ longevity allow his team to jack up 30+  3's in a 32 minute game?? Old school Coaches catering to this Asinine summer ball style of play. If you can't run an offensive set young pups, you will be riding the pine or on the first thing smoking back to SETX if you're fortunate enough to play at the next level. I'm sure the kids practice FT's constantly, so I'm not sure why they shot so poorly. Hopefully against better competition Silsbee can tighten up a few areas as some of their fans mentioned previously 

Ahhh come on coach lol the ole summer comment. Man when you are as talented as Silsbee is with as many shooters as they have, you don't tell them to stop shooting. Shooters are gonna shoot the open shots. You might tell your team to try and work it inside more, but that is not Silsbee's style at all. Run n gun, layups and 3's. Don't allow the other team to set up in the zone.