Silsbee 98 Hardin-Jefferson 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Wow!!! I wasn't at the game, but it seems like HJ allowed a ton of layups. Transition defense certainly would & slowing the game down may have kept them within 20 points. Silsbee definitely is as talented as advertised, but the question & comment I have are; how can a Coach of Silsbee's experience @ longevity allow his team to jack up 30+  3's in a 32 minute game?? Old school Coaches catering to this Asinine summer ball style of play. If you can't run an offensive set young pups, you will be riding the pine or on the first thing smoking back to SETX if you're fortunate enough to play at the next level. I'm sure the kids practice FT's constantly, so I'm not sure why they shot so poorly. Hopefully against better competition Silsbee can tighten up a few areas as some of their fans mentioned previously 

Sigler understands that and so do his kids.  Silsbee can play that game and they had to when they faced some of the tall, athletic 5A and 6A competition in the preseason.  We saw them play Waxahatchiiiiee (however you spell it, they're ranked 3 in 5A)  up in Dallas over the holidays.  The Tigers won in OT and there was a good deal of half court basketball in that game.  Watched the Lincoln game online and it was mostly straight basketball.  Course that was when they were full strength and now they are nursing their self inflicted wound.

So yes, they can play standard basketball if that's what it takes to win.  They will always move the ball rapidly but they will pull up and run an offense when circumstances dictate.  They can and they will.  But why ask them to plot up and down the court before you have to?

After watching the Yates and diboll game Tuesday night they mirror the same play style that silsbee does run and gun and shoot a ton of threes along with pressure defense Yates against north forest was up 42-18 at halftime and won 72-71 Yates did not shoot well from the 3 points line but they still shoot  a lot of them coach sig wants his tigers to shoot 3 as much as possible I'm fine with that as long as they shoot them at the right time also the tigers have been relaxing after a big lead in the second qtr helped hj close the gap on that lead we have to put people away and keep playing smart basketball the road gets a little tough from here.