Silsbee 2 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, SLD2012 said:

There is no excuse or place for fighting on the basketball court! #3 has accepted responsibility for his actions and willing or not he will accept what the punishment will be. I for one will be more involved in helping him become a better person than what his recent actions have portrayed him as. As much as I and the city of silsbee wants him and the team to make history we want him to be the best person he can be first. Win or lose I bleed maroon and white but there are things that are bigger than basketball, this is definitely one of them.

Out of likes but great post. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think regardless of suspension the LCM kid started it. It semantic me he was hot headed and couldn't take the beating Silsbee was giving them. 

So justify how the LCM kid throwing a punch (which I hope he is suspended for) has anything to do with a kid coming off of the bench and sucker punching a kid 50 feet away? 

2 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Kid was wrong I agree so I guess if he was next to him you would justify it

I don't justify any fighting during a sporting match and I hope all involved are suspended, and not a mere til end of district suspension, I believe they should be suspended for the remainder of the season up through and including the state tournament. 

10 minutes ago, DC10 said:

I do not condone #3's actions and believe that they were very immature and cowardly to say the least. He deserves whatever punishment is handed out to him. What he did was wrong and he has already admitted he was wrong but unfortunately this is not an incident that you can just apologize for. Hopefully he learns from this and realizes that he will need to promote good behavior and leadership both on and off the court over the next two years. With that being said, he is being crucified all over social media over a 9 second video. It is clear that the footage was obtained not during live action, but on a cell phone videoing a computer screen so logic suggests that they have the entire altercation on video. Why was the entire thing not released? Several other players apparently made mistakes as well. Why has that not been shown on Facebook or Twitter?

Because apparently crucifying Silsbee players is more appealing

12 minutes ago, SLD2012 said:

There is no excuse or place for fighting on the basketball court! #3 has accepted responsibility for his actions and willing or not he will accept what the punishment will be. I for one will be more involved in helping him become a better person than what his recent actions have portrayed him as. As much as I and the city of silsbee wants him and the team to make history we want him to be the best person he can be first. Win or lose I bleed maroon and white but there are things that are bigger than basketball, this is definitely one of them.

Exactly best post I have read.  I have told the young man the exact thing.  

2 minutes ago, MoFo said:

In my opinion if you want to see restraint watch the several LCM players that witnessed the cowardly blow. None of them went after the kid throwing the punch. 

Yes These Kids Are All Angels Sent From Above......

More than 1 kid threw punches geeezzz

It's over lock this thread up

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Mofo this is most you have posted all year. How is HJ season going? Will they win state? Will they get out the 1st round?,

Don't know I don't have a kid on varsity is there a point to this post or are you just trying to deflect the view from the topic? To point blankly answer your question, I hate a bully. 

14 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

I saw more players from Silsbee throwing punches. The lcm players were already in the locker room while I saw a couple of Silsbee players still trying to fight with what it looked like lcm fans.  

Lock this down AAW . AND LET'S MOVE ON . GAME IS OVER

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

I just seen the video. I do not see how #3 from Silsbee won't be done for the year. He ran up and sucker punched a LCM player who was just standing there 50 feet away from the action.

yup, he shouldn't see the court (or the bench, imo) for the rest of the season.  I just got a chance to view it.  that's inexcusable, and its my understanding this is at least the THIRD time he's done something like this this season.  If it had been handled the first two times, perhaps this one wouldn't have occurred.  If that's my son getting hit I'm filing charges, without question.  It's one thing to get wrapped up in the heat of the moment, in the middle of a bunch of bodies and swinging arms.  It's another to run across the court and sucker punch someone who's not only not looking at you, but not involved in the fight.  This was clearly a conscious decision to go after that player and sucker punch him, nothing less, and his history doesn't lead me to believe any different.  It's always nice to see a quick apology in situations like this, but an apology and a sucker punch could still be worth a felony charge.  it's hard to know if the motivation behind the apology was genuine remorse for the actions, or remorse for the consequences that may result from the action (possibly costing his team a state championship, or missing out on helping them win one).  It's been my experience that oftentimes the players who consistently do stuff like this are always quickest to apologize afterwards, only to do it again somewhere down the road.  I hope that his coach, who has clearly let this behavior slide with him already (unless we're to believe that multiple people not involved with the program have seen the video of other instances of similar behavior, but the coach for the program itself has not), will step up and punish him accordingly.  If not, he's doing him a disservice.  I don't want to see another great local athlete go off to college and squander a career because they're being held accountable for their actions for the first time in their life, and can't stay out of trouble.