Ozen basketball coach placed on administrative leave

On 1/26/2017 at 8:24 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Ozen will be fine.

Patience is a virtue however the regular season ends Tuesday Feb.14..This administrative leave/investigation has turned into a mind boggling quandary...Total disadvantage for the kids and the program. The fan base-parents and community should be more vigilant in getting some answers from the BISD managers....jmo 

3 hours ago, JustUs said:

Patience is a virtue however the regular season ends Tuesday Feb.14..This administrative leave/investigation has turned into a mind boggling quandary...Total disadvantage for the kids and the program. The fan base-parents and community should be more vigilant in getting some answers from the BISD managers....jmo 

I agree 100% as the parents did for West Brook football coach .

4 hours ago, JustUs said:

It's funny that the 'Ozen parents ' were mentioned....

Justus leave it alone and let the situation work out, All you keep doing is pouring fuel on the fire, We all know what it Is but you insist on bringing more negative attention to a negative situation. We don't need any more distractions right now which is what you are doing.

I respect your opinion but dont share your view. If we dont stand for something we'll go for anything. Waiting nearly a month at the mercy of others is hurting the kids more than anything.My intentions are not to pour gas on the fire. To sit idle and do nothing is not the answer and thats my honest opinion. We can agree to disagree and both want whats best for the school.There was a big push to reinstate the cross town head coach but nothing on the surface seems to happening to do the same at Ozen...Sorry we dont agree...jmo

We are already dealing with a touchy situation involving so called missing money,parents being disgruntled so on and so forth. We know why certain things are the way they are but these kids are trying to make a playoff run ,as much as I would like Coach to be on the sidelines it probably isn't happening anytime this year . Let's put our energy behind the the interim coach and support him as well as the team . These young men deserve that much . To keep shedding light on why when you pretty much know the answer is pointless. I won't give those     Situations the time of day . The kids have adjusted and I think they will do just fine in the playoffs . 

I am with JustUs view on this situation , let's put ourself in coach position ,he doesn't feel he done anything wrong however no decision one way or another going into week three.I think it is more of a distraction that your head coach is not on the sideline. His job is on the line based on parents assumptions and personal vendettas.If any parents and others know him personally and what he stands for ,now is the time he needs your support. JMO

My issue is the suspension pending investigation.  While I understand and support why this is done when the safety or welfare of the kids are involved (i.e., assaultive allegations, sexual or otherwise), I don't in situations like this.  I'm sure there must be some policy requiring it.  But if there is, I don't agree with the policy.  In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. And to cost a coach most of the season and deprive the kids of their coach based on the "allegations" of a couple of parents is a travesty.  Especially when it sounds like he's going to end up being cleared anyway.