Warren 55 Sabine Pass 50/FINAL

WOSgrad

28 minutes ago, pitufo04 said:

Anyone have any info on this game ? I was told that SP had a D1 prospect ... How did he play ? Did he play ? I dont recall Warren ever being strong at bball .. and Ive heard nothing but this SP team being very strong .. 

If Sabine Pass has a D1 prospect and they only beat Warren by 5... something isn't right

3 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

They are a work in progress new approach, schemes and roles. By the time district rolls around they should be able to hold their own. They have the top 2  individual players in the district. It will depend on the role players.

I wouldn't be too sure about that second to last sentence.  I am sure they are very good players, but the 'Dale has some boys that can play too.  Evadale has some good height, matched with some good athleticism and a new system.  Last year  there were 2 very good games between the two clubs, and we had an addition that will help this year.  Best of luck to the Sharks this year.  Good competition only makes the district better.

8 hours ago, Chester86 said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that second to last sentence.  I am sure they are very good players, but the 'Dale has some boys that can play too.  

I'm not discounting Evadale, from top to bottom I would think you guys are better than Sabine Pass and are the district favorites. But individual talent the two at Sabine Pass are better.

11 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

They are a work in progress new approach, schemes and roles. By the time district rolls around they should be able to hold their own. They have the top 2  individual players in the district. It will depend on the role players.

8 hours ago, Chester86 said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that second to last sentence.  I am sure they are very good players, but the 'Dale has some boys that can play too.  Evadale has some good height, matched with some good athleticism and a new system.  Last year  there were 2 very good games between the two clubs, and we had an addition that will help this year.  Best of luck to the Sharks this year.  Good competition only makes the district better.

I haven't seen the other kid yet but Jamyus Jones is the best individual player I've seen in that district and I've seen all of Evadale's.  That being said, Evadale is way deeper than SP and will be the favorite to win the district. 

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I haven't seen the other kid yet but Jamyus Jones is the best individual player I've seen in that district and I've seen all of Evadale's.  That being said, Evadale is way deeper than SP and will be the favorite to win the district. 

Evadale does have plenty of depth this year.  More than you'll see at most 2A schools.  Should wear some teams down.

Ironic, I think we'd had a good shot at beating D. Big Sandy this year for DC, but they moved them out of our district.  Lucky Wildcats :) 

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Evadale does have plenty of depth this year.  More than you'll see at most 2A schools.  Should wear some teams down.

Absolutely.  The one year I think they could toe to toe with Big Sandy and they move them out of the district.  I think those would have been some great games. I look for Evadale to dominate that district. 

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Absolutely.  The one year I think they could toe to toe with Big Sandy and they move them out of the district.  I think those would have been some great games. I look for Evadale to dominate that district. 

Btw, y'all playing in the Evadale Tournament this year?

Well with 2 projected starters out, 7 new kids on varsity and 3 days of practice for the rest of your starters (football players)  to lose by 5 in a game the starters led by 10 before wholesale substitutions doesn't concern me. They lost to Warren early  last year and still made the second round of the playoffs. They have the top 2 players in district.  4 of their top 7 returning from last year's team, which leaves 3 or 4 spots to be sorted out. They are a work in progress. The fans have to have patience with the process. 

SABINE pass is good I was there. Jamyus and Daniel are both GOOD, that new coach put in the bench players when the score was 9-7 and warren went on a 10-0 run. I'm not sure what the coach is thinking offensively but it wasn't the players fault. If the coach from last year (Harvey) was still there  Warren wouldn't have scored more than 15 points for the game, not disrespecting warren they won. We will have to see what this NEW coach does.

Sabine Pass lost to Warren last year  when they had the OLD coach.The worst thing that can happen is for fans to be inpatient. . It is better to have a  record  of 7 and 7 in November / December seeing who can play and what you have. Then you have a chance to play well in district and have a shot at the playoffs.  But if you go 14 and 0 playing 5 players  with no idea of what you can get from your bench and run into foul trouble, injury or a team that is wearing you down and no one on the bench has played a single minute that matters,  then you are screwed in January and February. Every player in the program is new to the coach. The coach is new to every player, approximately 60% of the players are new to each other. It is a process that requires time, patience, trial and error, frustration, aggravation, more than likely a few choice words and cross looks;  eventually all this will lead the players  to trust in the coach, believe in the system, have  faith in each other ( not just one or two players) and confidence that they can win with each other.  Last years team had plenty of growing pains it wasn't all wine and roses. IT NEVER IS WITH ANY TEAM ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME.