Kirbyville 35 Buna 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Kirbyville Wildcats prepare for the Class 3A, Division I playoffs and close out 11-3A-I district play tonight as they travel to Buna to take on the Buna Cougars.  Greg Neece's Wildcats, 6-3 on the season and 3-2 in district play clinched a playoff spot last Friday with a 28-27 win over Trinity.  Meanwhile, the Cougars, 6-3 on the season and 4-1 in district play, wrapped up a playoff berth with a 28-0 win over Warren.

The Wildcats can get the #2 seed out of the district with a win over 20 points tonight and a Woodville loss to Coldspring-Oakhurst.

Join Scott Loar for all of the action from Cougar Field in Buna beginning with the Lake Country Chevrolet Pregame Show at 7:15 followed by the kickoff at 7:30 pm by tuning your radio to The Gospel Giant, KTXJ 102.7 FM or by clicking play on the following Cube player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Kirbyville Wildcat Football on The Gospel Giant, KTXJ 102.7 FM and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Great game. Ok so to the best of my knowledge, here's the final district standings..

Woodville beat everybody so with a 6-0 district mark, they're the champs. 

Coldspring, Kirbyville and Buna tied for the #2, #3 & #4 spots with identical 4-2 district marks. The tie breaker is based on win/loss margins in the games between these 3 teams. 

Coldspring beat Kirbyville by 12, and lost to Buna by 5, so with a +7 margin, they're #2. 

Kirbyville beat Buna by 9 and lost to Coldspring by 12, which puts them at a -3 and the #3 spot.

Buna beat Coldspring by 5 but lost to Kirbyville by 9 so they're at -4, and take the #4 spot.