Texas 6A State playoffs

D3zii

5 hours ago, LoboBooster73 said:

That's a big IF. 

Lol true, idk how good Longview is, And I've only seen Brook play once and it was against The woodlands, but I see they did beat Lufkin which beat Longview, so that's all I can base my choice off of, even tho that doesn't really mean nothing in the playoff 

15 hours ago, D3zii said:

Lol true, idk how good Longview is, And I've only seen Brook play once and it was against The woodlands, but I see they did beat Lufkin which beat Longview, so that's all I can base my choice off of, even tho that doesn't really mean nothing in the playoff 

That logic doesn't work or matchups that happen in regular season wouldn't flip in playoffs. Longview and their ground game are very unique. A lot of teams don't experience that style of play in these times of the spread. Couple that with their speed and history in playoffs, I like Longview's chances as long as the are disciplined. 

5 hours ago, LoboBooster73 said:

That logic doesn't work or matchups that happen in regular season wouldn't flip in playoffs. Longview and their ground game are very unique. A lot of teams don't experience that style of play in these times of the spread. Couple that with their speed and history in playoffs, I like Longview's chances as long as the are disciplined. 

What about Longview's defense?  That's what will decide this game IMO.  IF its a shoot out i give the advantage to WB.  WB  has 3 players that can take it to the house at anytime and another that can make some of the best defenders tackle air.

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

What about Longview's defense?  That's what will decide this game IMO.  IF its a shoot out i give the advantage to WB.  WB  has 3 players that can take it to the house at anytime and another that can make some of the best defenders tackle air.

Very quick on defense. Best defensive player probably #10. True head hunter. 

Longview is 10-0 in Bidistrict games going back to 2006. 8-2 in Area round games during same timeframe.

15 hours ago, LoboBooster73 said:

Very quick on defense. Best defensive player probably #10. True head hunter. 

Longview is 10-0 in Bidistrict games going back to 2006. 8-2 in Area round games during same timeframe.

That's a good record to have.....but this time Longview is not playing at a neutral site..... playing @ the BROOK, but I really don't see that being much of a factor minus that long bus drive.  Brook"s fan support is weak at home games IMO.

If longview is not disciplined on Defensive I give this to WB.

6 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

That's a good record to have.....but this time Longview is not playing at a neutral site..... playing @ the BROOK, but I really don't see that being much of a factor minus that long bus drive.  Brook"s fan support is weak at home games IMO.

I saw a really good crowd for The Woodlands game.  And, it's a long road trip for Longview.  Tough game to call.  Both are good teams capable of a deep run this season at least with regard to Region Two.  I don't see either going to state this season, but ya never know.  

8 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

..... playing @ the BROOK,

Road games are not an issue for us, being as we are stuck so far in the Pines! LOL! Our defense has seen improvement from the beginning of the season. They are young, underclassmen (No Excuse), so it has taken them alot of time to come together. I think they are most definitely on the right track, though. I am hoping they surprise WB with typical Lobo Football!!

4 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Road games are not an issue for us, being as we are stuck so far in the Pines! LOL! Our defense has seen improvement from the beginning of the season. They are young, underclassmen (No Excuse), so it has taken them alot of time to come together. I think they are most definitely on the right track, though. I am hoping they surprise WB with typical Lobo Football!!

I've lost a little confidence in LV.  I expected a victory over a very good JT.  It's probably not fair.

20 hours ago, TXFBfan said:

I saw a really good crowd for The Woodlands game.  And, it's a long road trip for Longview.  Tough game to call.  Both are good teams capable of a deep run this season at least with regard to Region Two.  I don't see either going to state this season, but ya never know.  

Cause it was the Woodlands  #3 in state and ranked high nationally.  WB stands should be filled cause the winner of this game could go deep in playoffs.  Possibly meeting up with KC, Cedar Ridge, or JT in the 4th.  Westfield is beatable to get to that 4th round.

19 hours ago, LoboBooster73 said:

Drive is not a factor for Longview as it's a remote 6A and is use to travel. It also has a history of deep playoff runs, so travel not an issue. Longview's opponents this year have better W/L record than WBs. HC also has a better historical W/L record.

Possibly the deciding factor.  Half time adjustments will be critical.