New Caney 28 Porter 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, Eagles12 said:

Observations:

Does parking just seem so much worse at Texan Drive this year?

New Caney crowd seemed a bit underwhelming and Porter's looked huge. 

New Caney's interior lineman keeping Hall from being able to step up in the pocket was huge. 

Porter had 2 possessions down 13 to 7 and just couldn't quite get over the hump and New Caney made the plays needed to close it out.

Very intense game with both teams playing well and New Caney showed to be a very complete football team. 

Porter's defense played well for how much they were on the field seemed to wear down a little bit towards the end, but really got after it after the first two drives.

I don't know why but I expected New Caney to pass more and test the secondary.

Both sides actually sold out. So not sure where you got that NC was underwhelming. The Porter band plays loud while NC on offense. NC normally does pass more. Looked to me like the coaching plan worked. Run the ball, control the clock, keep the Spartan offense off the field.

Why so defensive? It obviously worked the game plan was great and I'm  talking about what I saw as a neutral observer  the New Caney side had many other open seats I've even seen pictures of both crowds where there was many more people on the Porter side. Is this board so cynical that an observation about the game plan that worked great and was very good is viewed as a shot. 

52 minutes ago, Eagles12 said:

Why so defensive? It obviously worked the game plan was great and I'm  talking about what I saw as a neutral observer  the New Caney side had many other open seats I've even seen pictures of both crowds where there was many more people on the Porter side. Is this board so cynical that an observation about the game plan that worked great and was very good is viewed as a shot. 

If you were referring to my post I was not being defensive. You are right in that the Porter crowd seemed a lot louder. From my view I did see some open seats on their side but could not tell from where I was sitting that the NC side had that many. You could be right I just know it seemed crowded around me.  Both teams played hard, no doubt. Hope you enjoyed the game and the atmosphere that was on display last night.