Impressive (and surprising) WO-S stat

WOS99

1 hour ago, td said:

Especially when the ones play about half the time. 

Just imagine what it could actually be if we weren't a team that wants to not embarrass people. Coach T demands excellence but also discipline. Part of that discipline is respect and humility. You don't get respect by running up the score when you know you can. There are teaching moments in everything that man does. 

2 hours ago, robanadana said:

Y'all need to work on the band. Unfortunately it's only a shadow of the Mighty Mustang band that used to cover the field when we played ya'll.

Well it's bigger and better than last year so hopefully that trend will continue. 

I lived out of this area for many years so I'm not sure how it got to the state it was/is in. Maybe someone can chime in and explain because I'm curious as well.

3 hours ago, robanadana said:

Y'all need to work on the band. Unfortunately it's only a shadow of the Mighty Mustang band that used to cover the field when we played ya'll.

Our band is growing and they are awesome. I'm so proud of those kids. WOS just doesn't have the students we once had. Therefore our band is smaller. Can't expect as many kids in band as we had when we were 5A. 

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

When is the last time WOS lost a district game? And what's the record for consecutive district game wins in Texas?

Austin Westlake has the state record of 71 consecutive district game wins from 1990-2002.  Aledo currently has the longest active streak in the state with 65.  WOS has several streaks: 37 from 1986-1992, 32 from 2003-2008, and currently has won 36 as of this week.  We've won 68 out of the last 69 dating back to 2003.

10 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

How many winning teams has WoS played. I wait patiently for the answer.

All of them except when we went 3-7 in 1983 and 5-5 in 2001.  So that would be 38 out of 40. Oh wait... teams?  I read seasons.  That would take quite a bit longer to figure out lol.

49 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Can't remember the year but it was the mud bowl in Silsbee ...maybe 2009. Navasota had a long streak until a couple weeks ago as well.

Exactly right. That is the last time they lost a district game and if I am not mistaken it is the only district game WOS has lost since it dropped from 4A to 3A (now back to 4A)

55 minutes ago, td said:

Our band is growing and they are awesome. I'm so proud of those kids. WOS just doesn't have the students we once had. Therefore our band is smaller. Can't expect as many kids in band as we had when we were 5A. 

I realize that and I think the band is doing well, but would still like to know know why there are still so few kids involved. When we play schools of comparably size the other schools usually have twice the size band. Is there just not that much interest at WOS for band anymore?

1 minute ago, Lion70 said:

So outside of District two teams lol . Bet y'all dominate like that outside beyond the 1st round.

how can anyone at this point talk any crap on West Orange Stark? They are the defending state champs and have made the state final two years in a row. If there is one team in this area you can't troll on, its WOS. Nice try but this only makes you look bad.

24 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Beat some east Texas teams then I might be impressed. Too bad most of the teams are in D1. 

There is something strange.  When I was at NRG, I saw the end of the 4A, DI champ game and I could have sworn that it was Region I vs. Region 4.

I guess is kind of begs the question, who did Henderson play in the playoffs last year to get eliminated?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics