PNG vs Central

Indianforever

If I was a betting man..... There is some kind of all purpose yardage record that BF is wanting to break...... For a QB that is...... BF is in love with beating records...... Might want to concentrate on beating Nerderland........ Running your QB off tackle on night is Coach Klein ball.... Especially when your QB has a brace on his leg............ The joke in the stands was.... Might as well put Bost in as QB and hand the ball to RJ....... Watch the paper, I'm sure that a record is being broken.....

4 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

If I was a betting man..... There is some kind of all purpose yardage record that BF is wanting to break...... For a QB that is...... BF is in love with beating records...... Might want to concentrate on beating Nerderland........ Running your QB off tackle on night is Coach Klein ball.... Especially when your QB has a brace on his leg............ The joke in the stands was.... Might as well put Bost in as QB and hand the ball to RJ....... Watch the paper, I'm sure that a record is being broken.....

That's what everyone was saying where I was at also. Why even have anyone to hand it off to or throw to if BF is just worried about breaking records

Indian fans ... complaining just to complain.  The game with Central was not nailed down until late in the 4Q.  28-14 against Central is not a sure thing.  Two big plays and the score is tied.  Once we got to 35-14, it was mid-4Q.  It wasn't a 42-0 game at the half.  When the game is competitive, I like the ball being in the hands of the team's best player.  Not all of the QB runs were designed QB keepers.  Some were; others were not.  Some of the keepers show the growth of #2 as a super soph QB, i.e., he ran the ball because he did not want to force a pass and risk a turnover.

Indian fans could be married to Cindy Crawford or Halle Berry and would complain she can't cook ... or you could get a bucket of gold and complain about the bucket.

If #2 did not run, some fans would be on message boards complaining that Coach Faircloth refused to put the ball in the hands of his best player.  And, from the three games I've seen this season, (GCM, Lee and PAM), several times #2 has created something out of nothing to create positive plays and score points.  I'll take that and being 7-1 with a good shot to win out and roll into the playoffs with momentum.

Go Indians.  Peace.

43 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Indian fans ... complaining just to complain.  The game with Central was not nailed down until late in the 4Q.  28-14 against Central is not a sure thing.  Two big plays and the score is tied.  Once we got to 35-14, it was mid-4Q.  It wasn't a 42-0 game at the half.  When the game is competitive, I like the ball being in the hands of the team's best player.  Not all of the QB runs were designed QB keepers.  Some were; others were not.  Some of the keepers show the growth of #2 as a super soph QB, i.e., he ran the ball because he did not want to force a pass and risk a turnover.

Indian fans could be married to Cindy Crawford or Halle Berry and would complain she can't cook ... or you could get a bucket of gold and complain about the bucket.

If #2 did not run, some fans would be on message boards complaining that Coach Faircloth refused to put the ball in the hands of his best player.  And, from the three games I've seen this season, (GCM, Lee and PAM), several times #2 has created something out of nothing to create positive plays and score points.  I'll take that and being 7-1 with a good shot to win out and roll into the playoffs with momentum.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Over in Roschon land, we dont agree with that. Other teams have noticed this as well. We had sizeable leads vs Silsbee, Lee, GCM, Livingston, Lumberton, and even Vidor during the 4th.  If Shug would have got hurt during one of those games when we were up, that WOULD fall on BF. The entire outlook of the season would have changed. Why even take the chance? The thing that makes it ok I guess is that we are lucky/blessed that no lingering or serious injuries have occurred. Hughes is a good rb,  Riggs is 2nd in 22-5a. I know for a fact Bost could close a blowout game because the kid is pretty good himself, maybe not 7-1 and 34 tds good, but the kid can play. 

5 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians.  Peace.

Maybe he is the best player on the team but there are other great players that can run the ball. It doesn't need be a one man show to break some records, the kid has two more years to do that if that's the goal. Let's not forget he has a future beyond PNG football that he will need to stay healthy for. 

I'll give you GCM and Lee.  Blowouts from start to finish.  As I recall, the backups did play in those games except for the QB position.  Those are fair games for questions and criticism.  The other games were not blowouts until mid-4Q.  Go back and check the game summaries.  Lumberton kept hanging around, Vidor led us at the half and when PN-G had some separation in the 3Q, Vidor struck back in the 4Q with a score and the Pirates had already shown they were willing to go with an onside kick.  Against Silsbee, the back-up QB did play and was 3-4 passing and he rushed for a TD.  I agree the backup is outstanding.  He can close out games...my goodness, if PN-G needed him, he could lead the team to a win from start to finish.  The Indians are lucky to have him.  But, to complain that the starting QB is doing too much, that is not what the facts prove.  The Indians have fed the RB all season long...that won't stop unless the defense forces it on the zone read.  It's not about a one man show, its about executing the offense.  See Vidor and Central games where #2 could have ran all night long, but instead he pulled the back from the zone/read run/pass option and hit McZeal for long TDs

It is not about individual records.  That is a guess by fans.  It's about team wins and losses.  The QB is executing the offense and taking what is open.  And, he is very good at it.  He gets the ball to the right people in open space...and yes, #5, 6, 10, 11, 12, and the others are playmakers.  I'm not arguing with you, but some PN-G fans just like to complain about anything Coach Faircloth does.  He loses and fans want a new coach; he wins and fans don't like the way he puts a W in the books.  Like I said, some fans - not all, but some - could get a free bucket of gold and they would complain about the bucket.  Yet, when it comes time to contribute funds to a new indoor practice facility, those same fans are suddenly quiet.  They want others to do the heavy lifting so they can keep complaining.

Go Indians.  Peace.

1 hour ago, 1989NDN said:

I'll give you GCM and Lee.  Blowouts from start to finish.  As I recall, the backups did play in those games except for the QB position.  Those are fair games for questions and criticism.  The other games were not blowouts until mid-4Q.  Go back and check the game summaries.  Lumberton kept hanging around, Vidor led us at the half and when PN-G had some separation in the 3Q, Vidor struck back in the 4Q with a score and the Pirates had already shown they were willing to go with an onside kick.  Against Silsbee, the back-up QB did play and was 3-4 passing and he rushed for a TD.  I agree the backup is outstanding.  He can close out games...my goodness, if PN-G needed him, he could lead the team to a win from start to finish.  The Indians are lucky to have him.  But, to complain that the starting QB is doing too much, that is not what the facts prove.  The Indians have fed the RB all season long...that won't stop unless the defense forces it on the zone read.  It's not about a one man show, its about executing the offense.  See Vidor and Central games where #2 could have ran all night long, but instead he pulled the back from the zone/read run/pass option and hit McZeal for long TDs

It is not about individual records.  That is a guess by fans.  It's about team wins and losses.  The QB is executing the offense and taking what is open.  And, he is very good at it.  He gets the ball to the right people in open space...and yes, #5, 6, 10, 11, 12, and the others are playmakers.  I'm not arguing with you, but some PN-G fans just like to complain about anything Coach Faircloth does.  He loses and fans want a new coach; he wins and fans don't like the way he puts a W in the books.  Like I said, some fans - not all, but some - could get a free bucket of gold and they would complain about the bucket.  Yet, when it comes time to contribute funds to a new indoor practice facility, those same fans are suddenly quiet.  They want others to do the heavy lifting so they can keep complaining.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Preach

18 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Over in Roschon land, we dont agree with that. Other teams have noticed this as well. We had sizeable leads vs Silsbee, Lee, GCM, Livingston, Lumberton, and even Vidor during the 4th.  If Shug would have got hurt during one of those games when we were up, that WOULD fall on BF. The entire outlook of the season would have changed. Why even take the chance? The thing that makes it ok I guess is that we are lucky/blessed that no lingering or serious injuries have occurred. Hughes is a good rb,  Riggs is 2nd in 22-5a. I know for a fact Bost could close a blowout game because the kid is pretty good himself, maybe not 7-1 and 34 tds good, but the kid can play. 

11 hours ago, The Icon said:

Preach

37 minutes ago, PNG 4 ever said:

These same people would complain if they were hung with a new rope! 

The first post is from Shugs brother..... So preach to him................. 

15 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

The first post is from Shugs brother..... So preach to him................. 

Callin him Shug and you've known him all of 5 minutes 

Fans cheer, coaches coach and players play. Enjoy being 7-1, there are some teams that would kill for that. Be thankful for what you have, others aren't so fortunate.

You people are missing the point. No one said we aren't happy for the 7-1. We're just saying that the last game was every other play the QB running. I agree with Stattrax there is so kind of rushing record BF wants from the QB. We have other key players who can run and catch all night long also.

6 minutes ago, hookem14 said:

I’m wondering how the conversation went when Coach F. told some of you that breaking records is what is important to him. In exactly what context did that come up in conversation? Just curious.

Does he still do the meetings? I haven't heard anything about them this year.

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

Callin him Shug and you've known him all of 5 minutes 

Fans cheer, coaches coach and players play. Enjoy being 7-1, there are some teams that would kill for that. Be thankful for what you have, others aren't so fortunate.

If you read my post from last year... I was dogged for saying I knew he was special when he was a little kid... Since I coached his older brother and he used to show up at our practices and played around... So your 5 minutes is more than 5 years... Troll another post, this is my last response on the subject.....

9 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

If you read my post from last year... I was dogged for saying I knew he was special when he was a little kid... Since I coached his older brother and he used to show up at our practices and played around... So your 5 minutes is more than 5 years... Troll another post, this is my last response on the subject.....

Ain't trolling anything Stat, just stating my perspective 

Thats what this forum is about I thought