The truth about lil league team taking a knee in Bmt, Tx

5GallonBucket

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

And you still miss the point!!!! So what if that is true. DA STATEMENT being made is why they took a knee.

Im not missing the point.  There is a better way to do it.  Kids are sponges.  Do you honestly want me to believe that every kid especially young kids understand what is going on.

There are some conversations that adults should have with just adults and not with young children.  There some things kids should see or witness, because they are not mentally capable of grasping the big picture.  I see it everyday all day and its all kids not just black kids.  And I am not just talking about this issue this is just one added to the many others. 

46 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Im not missing the point.  There is a better way to do it.  Kids are sponges.  Do you honestly want me to believe that every kid especially young kids understand what is going on.

There are some conversations that adults should have with just adults and not with young children.  There some things kids should see or witness, because they are not mentally capable of grasping the big picture.  I see it everyday all day and its all kids not just black kids.  And I am not just talking about this issue this is just one added to the many others. 

Its all kids, its all races and when it comes to politics its dems and pubs. Dems and Pubs are guilty of wrong doing in politics.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Meant to say shouldn't 2nd paragraph 2nd line

4 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

westend do me a favor :) Go read the numerous studies done when Black applicants are paired up against white applicants.

I am not going to doubt you.  I can only speak from my experience.  My employer actively seeks qualified black employees.   If it's a coin toss, or even if it isn't, the black applicant gets the job.   Same with college.   That is/was my experience.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Dove- I have a close relative who is a high school coach and twice during his career he submitted an application for a job only to be told that a black coach had to be hired so his application was not going to receive serious consideration.  Is this a good example of fairness, objectivity, and equal opportunity? 

Honestly, I don't believe  your close relative.  It might have happened this way, but nobody is going to admit it.  Nobody is going to tell an applicant that he is not getting consideration because he is white.  Calling BS on this.

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

Honestly, I don't believe  your close relative.  It might have happened this way, but nobody is going to admit it.  Nobody is going to tell an applicant that he is not getting consideration because he is white.  Calling BS on this.

You can call BS if you wish.  It happened PRECISELY that way.  Of course, it was not done publicly but on the QT between the men in charge and my  relative.  From my viewpoint, it was done as a type of courtesy, telling the coach not to get his hopes up because the chances were non existent.  My spouse taught school for many many years and there are a number of educators in my immediate family.  Furthermore, I  personally know one of those who conveyed said "courtesy".

10 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Interesting! So you laugh when a when an individual is expressing his man-given -rights.. That's SO AMERICAN of you.

Yes it is. Expressing my 1st amendment right. Can't get any more American than that. Why are you trying to mock and bully me? Are you trying to deny me my rights? Maybe it's time you learn how to walk on egg shells and quit being insensitive and passive aggressive towards my right to express myself. I see a need for sensitivity training in your near future.

3 hours ago, westend1 said:

I applied for a job and the HR manager (a friend of a friend) told me point blank (but in confidence...not to be repeated) not to waste my time applying because the company was going to hire the best minority candidate. Whites need not apply. I have also personally seen this happen other times while doing contract work for a few companies. Companies hire the "best minority" candidate all of the time. It's been happening for years. And you are exactly right, they won't admit it publically.

10 hours ago, Englebert said:

I applied for a job and the HR manager (a friend of a friend) told me point blank (but in confidence...not to be repeated) not to waste my time applying because the company was going to hire the best minority candidate. Whites need not apply. I have also personally seen this happen other times while doing contract work for a few companies. Companies hire the "best minority" candidate all of the time. It's been happening for years. And you are exactly right, they won't admit it publically.

Why do you thing they do this now, because they didn't practice this in 1960

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Why do you thing they do this now, because they didn't practice this in 1960

Affirmative Action laws, soft quotas, fear of DOJ prosecution...to the point that companies can't hire the most qualified. Are you really interested in learning about Affirmative Action. There are volumes written on the subject, both for and against. Well, not as much against. Anyone against will be labeled as racist in short order.

23 hours ago, Englebert said:

Your "friend of a friend" is an idiot if this really happened.  I think most of the time, people don't get hired and make up an excuse.

4 hours ago, westend1 said:

Your "friend of a friend" is an idiot if this really happened.  I think most of the time, people don't get hired and make up an excuse.

I have no idea what point you are trying to convey. The "friend of a friend" was just that...and told me point blank that the company was going to hire the best minority. You might try and hide in your plastic bubble, but to call him an idiot points to your blindness of facts. And not only did this happen to me personally (more than once), but I've also seen it happen with my very own eyes...way more than once. And I know about plenty of other instances.

I actually had a company ask me to apply for a job opening in their HR department (I was doing contract work there) based on the fact that I was male and their whole HR department was female. The HR director told me I would be hired on the spot because they needed diversification in the department. Diversity is one of the key factors, if not the top key factor, in hiring practices in most of today's companies. Which can often translate to "Whites need not apply". If you want to call someone an idiot for this then you are going to be throwing out that card plenty. Apparently you need to walk an "inch" in my shoes and let reality set in.

9 hours ago, Englebert said:

I have no idea what point you are trying to convey. The "friend of a friend" was just that...and told me point blank that the company was going to hire the best minority. You might try and hide in your plastic bubble, but to call him an idiot points to your blindness of facts. And not only did this happen to me personally (more than once), but I've also seen it happen with my very own eyes...way more than once. And I know about plenty of other instances.

I actually had a company ask me to apply for a job opening in their HR department (I was doing contract work there) based on the fact that I was male and their whole HR department was female. The HR director told me I would be hired on the spot because they needed diversification in the department. Diversity is one of the key factors, if not the top key factor, in hiring practices in most of today's companies. Which can often translate to "Whites need not apply". If you want to call someone an idiot for this then you are going to be throwing out that card plenty. Apparently you need to walk an "inch" in my shoes and let reality set in.

Do they not know that the racist policy, Affirmative Action, really exists?

On 9/21/2016 at 11:15 PM, Englebert said:

I read about a black guy that shot and killed a white infant in the face at point blank range because the baby's mother would not give him her purse. According to your attitude, I should be teaching my white friends not to expose their baby to any black person.

I read about a white college kid that was shot and killed by a group of teenage black kids, because they were bored. According to your attitude, I should be teaching my college friends not to go jogging anywhere where bored black kids might be.

I read about a black guy that threw a brick into the face of a white guy, just because the guy was white. According to your attitude, I should be teaching all white guys to not be around any black guy that has a brick.

I read about an unarmed white guy that was shot by a policeman. According to your attitude, I should teach all white guys to avoid the police.

Maybe you should read this:

This is the hidden content, please
 This study was done by an African-American professor from the liberal bastion Harvard University.

And read this one:

This is the hidden content, please

From the article: "The study revealed that kids are less likely to be seriously injured or killed by cops than adults. “All the dialogue has been around minority teens who are shot and killed,” Miller says. “But it turns out that either the kids aren’t seeming as threatening or the police are being a little more skilled at solving confrontation with kids.” Another reason may be that more minority parents are coaching their kids to keep their hands out and visible if a police officer approaches them, to ask for permission before reaching for their wallet and to speak respectfully even when an officer is rude. “That may be a factor that counterbalances some of that racism,” Miller says."

Good for you. I am talking about MY kids. I will protect them in the manner I see fit. You opinion is irrelevant. 

7 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Do they not know that the racist policy, Affirmative Action, really exists?

I've been thinking about that. I would say yes, but not in the way you think. The  Affirmative action law forced Baylor to look at my son's application and accept him. He had a 4.9 on a 4.0 scale and is a AP schlor . Without affirmative action, Henry willarford IV, who had a 2.2 would have gotten in; instead of my son, because his dad knew the President. DuPont was forced to allow my dad to test for an instrument technician position, because of, affirmative action. He made the highest score!!!!

58 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I've been thinking about that. I would say yes, but not in the way you think. The  Affirmative action law forced Baylor to look at my son's application and accept him. He had a 4.9 on a 4.0 scale and is a AP schlor . Without affirmative action, Henry willarford IV, who had a 2.2 would have gotten in; instead of my son, because his dad knew the President. DuPont was forced to allow my dad to test for an instrument technician position, because of, affirmative action. He made the highest score!!!!

So you are saying the greedy corporations wouldn't even consider hiring a black applicant even though he would make a better employee and earn them more money? Racism trumps greed? Tell that to the NBA and NFL owners, or any company owner.

Affirmative Action gives special consideration to skin color and allows companies to hire less qualified applicants over more qualified applicants if that applicant is a minority. Cannot define racism any better than that. The theory behind it is that this reverse racism will allow the minority races to get established creating more equal opportunities over time. Anyway you slice it, Affirmative Action is still racism, and some white people have been hurt by the practice. Whether or not the effect has benefitted the country overall can be debated, but there is no debate that Affirmative Action laws are discriminatory by nature.

And I call total BS about your son. If he did score 4.9 on a 4.0 scale (a statistical impossibility) then he would have been accepted into Baylor regardless of who knew the President. Some other applicant might have been pushed out, but it wouldn't have been someone who scored in the top 1 percentile.

50 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I genuinely give congrats to your son and dad.  It sounds like your son should have been admitted on his merits alone.  The thing about AA that I don't agree with, is someone being admitted based on skin color and not their merits. 

On September 22, 2016 at 0:05 PM, stevenash said:

Kids are essentially pawns in this instance.

I was reading through this thread and was going to post this.  I don't like that adults are protesting through the national anthem, but I certainly respect their right to do so, even as I lose respect for them as they do it.  While I respect adults' rights to protest, and to do whatever they want during the national anthem, I have a major problem with adults using children as pawns in their own personal protests.