The truth about lil league team taking a knee in Bmt, Tx

5GallonBucket

7 hours ago, new tobie said:

Some on this board bring up the muslim thing and the blm thing like these things have never happened before when whites have done things just as bad or worse, had to have a war to stop them. Will try not to bring up slavery and the dreaded hateful past. but along with hateful muslims, blm, Obama and Hillary. their are whites and blacks that can match these acts.

Can you provide an example of anyone denying Whites have not done anything just as bad or worse? I would like to know if these people are real or just a figment of your imagination.

On 9/20/2016 at 0:46 PM, stevenash said:

Big Girl- Since you seem to be so knowledgeable about these circumstances, can you tell me why the NFL approved of Colin Kaepernick not standing for the National Anthem but DISapproved of the Dallas Cowboys wearing an emblem on their helmet honoring policemen killed in the line of duty?

Individual right vs corporate sponsorship (advertising)

On 9/20/2016 at 0:54 PM, baddog said:

Show me where it says that in the Constitution.

So you don't believe in honoring the dead soldiers who have given their lives so that someone like you can have the right to free speech and get on message boards and run their mouths?

You do know the national anthem dishonors Black American soldiers.

21 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Individual right vs corporate sponsorship (advertising)

Please enlighten me on how an emblem on a helmet showing respect for police killed in the line of duty is corporate "advertising".  Furthermore, can you tell me why this issue, about which Mr. Kaepernick is so passionate" was not brought forward by Mr. Kaepernick in his prior 3 or 4 years in the league?  Surely he isn't suggesting that things are getting worse under the current administration?

On 9/21/2016 at 9:26 PM, westend1 said:

OK  We are still talking about something bad that happened over 40 years ago.  Slavery and it's aftermath were horrible.  We get that.  Today, do you feel that blacks have the opportunity to do anything that whites can do?   I think they have an advantage, if they take it. 

westend, I want you to do us all a favor :)  Pick three randomly corporate entities and give us a racial breakdown for their employee hiring practices.

On 9/21/2016 at 9:26 PM, westend1 said:

OK  We are still talking about something bad that happened over 40 years ago.  Slavery and it's aftermath were horrible.  We get that.  Today, do you feel that blacks have the opportunity to do anything that whites can do?   I think they have an advantage, if they take it. 

westend do me a favor :) Go read the numerous studies done when Black applicants are paired up against white applicants.

On 9/21/2016 at 7:29 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

Didn't read it. Was told by a coach of one of the other teams. and I have been to some of these games in the past and they didn't do the national anthem then either due to time restraints.

Hmmm? Would that be considered un-American? No national anthem because you don't have the time? Hmmm?

49 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Please enlighten me on how an emblem on a helmet showing respect for police killed in the line of duty is corporate "advertising".  Furthermore, can you tell me why this issue, about which Mr. Kaepernick is so passionate" was not brought forward by Mr. Kaepernick in his prior 3 or 4 years in the league?  Surely he isn't suggesting that things are getting worse under the current administration?

Human Volcanic Sizematic Poortential Erection: I hope my new word phrase gets into WEbster one day. Anyway, it's human behavior traits compared a  volcano. You know, it caused a lot  hell in the past and then laid dormant for (Westend said 40 years) and all a sudden it's start to rumble and rise to the top destroying everything in it's path. Oh back to your police question. I would ask that the Cowboys have emblems of those young kids killed by the police.

8 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Human Volcanic Sizematic Poortential Erection: I hope my new word phrase gets into WEbster one day. Anyway, it's human behavior traits compared a  volcano. You know, it caused a lot  hell in the past and then laid dormant for (Westend said 40 years) and all a sudden it's start to rumble and rise to the top destroying everything in it's path. Oh back to your police question. I would ask that the Cowboys have emblems of those young kids killed by the police.

If the Cowboys honor your request, will the Bears do the same for all the kids killed in Chicago by people other than the police?   If your new word does not make it into the dictionary, will you be "offended" and kneel during the National Anthem and, perhaps, loot a store or two?

6 minutes ago, JWB said:

WTH is a trumpone?

You will have a much broader vocabulary from attending this board.....even new words no one has heard of. Lol

Still waiting dove. The words black soldier do not appear in the anthem.

I also think the last line should be changed to.....O'er the land of the free "provided by the brave."

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

You will have a much broader vocabulary from attending this board.....even new words no one has heard of. Lol

Still waiting dove. The words black soldier do not appear in the anthem.

I also think the last line should be changed to.....O'er the land of the free "provided by the brave."

I think Da Dove is referring to the third verse, with which very few people are familiar since that portion is not usually played/sung.  It is a matter of interpretation and not everyone views it as disrespectful to blacks.  However, if one looks hard enough, one can be "offended" by most anything.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Hmmm? Would that be considered un-American? No national anthem because you don't have the time? Hmmm?

Does it say somewhere in the lawbooks that the national anthem has to be played.....

do you sing the anthem before you get in your car before work or before you eat dinner or maybe before a pick up game or maybe before you brush your teeth..

HMMMMMMMMMM

42 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I think Da Dove is referring to the third verse, with which very few people are familiar since that portion is not usually played/sung.  It is a matter of interpretation and not everyone views it as disrespectful to blacks.  However, if one looks hard enough, one can be "offended" by most anything.

Never heard that verse before but I am not alone.....

This is the hidden content, please