Hemphill vs Evadale

Hagar

On 9/20/2016 at 1:01 PM, DC10 said:

I agree, it is not about wins and losses, it is about preparing for district. You need to see how players will react when things get tough or the game is on the line in the 4th quarter. One gimme is ok, but it doesn't do a whole lot when your starters are sitting out the 4th quarter or entire 2nd half because of the score. I personally think that Hemphill is much better than their record indicates and hopefully it will be a competitive game prior to us starting district play.

I saw first hand when they played WS that they are indeed much better than their 0-4 record indicates. Every game they've had they have been in and has come down to the fourth quarter and (save last week vs. Beckville) was close. Don't underestimate them. They are playing good, physical football, they just seem snake bit.

On September 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM, oldschool2 said:

Well...you misunderstood big time.  You must not be familiar with me.  I doubt there's a poster on this site that defends coaches the way I do.  I will never say, nor imply that a coach or staff is doing a poor job.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said they couldn't have gotten a better coach.  Successful at several different schools including a state title.

I used him as the example to a point I make all the time.  Even a successful, seasoned coach like him needs talent.  Not to say HH doesn't have any.  But...they are 0-4.  

Back on topic.  I'll pick HH in this one.

Then my apologies, and your prediction almost came true..... A ton of talent on that team .