21-5A after 3 weeks

Cougar14.2

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dayton being in or out of the playoffs has a lot to do with how Crosby's post-season goes. Dayton wins and they push the other small schools out of contention letting Crosby go D2 where they would be the favorite to win the region. Other small schools piling up wins against Dayton sends us D1 with all the 2000s like it did in '09. Good luck to you guys against Humble this week too, y'all will definitely need it because you're going to get rolled at home by New Caney next week.

if Dayton and BH get in your automatically D1....right?

7 minutes ago, numberonebeerkat said:

Sorry, just have to say it.  If you think Barbers Hill is a playoff team, you are absolutely insane!!  Their offense is perhaps the worse in the district, and their defense is slower than last year.  But we'll have to wait until the end to see... Absolutely crazy.... 

Newbies are so cute :)

12 minutes ago, numberonebeerkat said:

Sorry, just have to say it.  If you think Barbers Hill is a playoff team, you are absolutely insane!!  Their offense is perhaps the worse in the district, and their defense is slower than last year.  But we'll have to wait until the end to see... Absolutely crazy.... 

Yeah, and they still beat Vidor by 34 in Vidor. You just said a lot about 22-5A.

7 minutes ago, indianforever said:

if Dayton and BH get in your automatically D1....right?

Yeah, but I would say of the three schools smaller than Crosby Dayton probably has the least chance of getting in. Splendora probably only needs three more wins to get in and have games against Caney Creek, KP and Porter who have a combined 2 wins right now.

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but I would say of the three schools smaller than Crosby Dayton probably has the least chance of getting in. Splendora probably only needs three more wins to get in and have games against Caney Creek, KP and Porter who have a combined 2 wins right now.

so are you thinking...

D1  Crosby New  Caney

D2 BH Splendora

14 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Jaiden is a good player. I've seen him since middle school. He's had jersey 7 every year right? Need to see a couple more weeks, but as of right now.

1. Crosby

2. NC/BH

3. BH/NC

4. Dayton/Humble/Splendora

5.Caney Creek

6. KWP

7. Porter

He's definitely gonna get better as he gets older. It's gonna be a good thing for Crosby once his coordination, decision making and athletic ability all come together. Kids got skills

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Only issue is that Broncos are horses.

Serious question for Dayton fans: Do you go after ex-Navasota coach Lee Fedora if Dayton misses the playoffs this year, I'm sure Dayton could pay what it takes. Or do you take the wait and see approach and risk the possibility of missing the playoffs consecutive years in hopes the hometown guy can rebuild the program? Dayton is senior heavy this year and looks like they do, next year it probably gets worse with a younger team.  

Wrong again

We will see how the Bronco's respond this week. God knows I have learned over the years to never count them out:) I have watch the Broncos look like the worst team in district several times for them to bounce back and go 2 deep in the playoffs. Now most of that was due to Stewart getting them back on track , so will Nations have the same Mojo or does Stewart step from behind the curtain to get'em back on track? Friday should tell the tale

22 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Wrong again

Again? What was I wrong about the first time? Please don't tell me anything about Dayton's JV, KP's JV ran through everybody last year and they're 0-3 right now. Crosby's jv barely wins any games yet the varsity averages over 10 wins per season under Riordan.

I think after the 1st week in October the table will be set for the playoff teams.Dayton vs Humble this week, will help solve Dayton's chances.The top 6 teams Crosby,New Caney,Barbers Hill,Dayton,Humble & Splendora all play each other and can eliminate some of these teams.At the beginning of the season I thought Kingwood Park was going to be a contender.This weeks game with Barbers Hill I thought would be significant,but now it looks like a off week for Barbers Hill. Transfers and playing a lot of underclassman seems to have handcuffed them.Maybe Maples was not the answer for that HC job.I don't know if Splendora has the depth to dodge injuries the whole season and be a  contender.Can they lose a Terio Brown or a Mannie Netherly and still beat the others?New Caney & Dayton had QBs injuries this week,can Splendora survive that scenario?There can only be FOUR !

On September 13, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Dayton being in or out of the playoffs has a lot to do with how Crosby's post-season goes. Dayton wins and they push the other small schools out of contention letting Crosby go D2 where they would be the favorite to win the region. Other small schools piling up wins against Dayton sends us D1 with all the 2000s like it did in '09. Good luck to you guys against Humble this week too, y'all will definitely need it because you're going to get rolled at home by New Caney next week.

At least your just saying win region this year because y'all were suppose to win state last year and y'all got that azz handed to you the second round, hell when y'all start bouncing round balls after the first round this year are y'all still the best there is. It's gonna be interesting to hear what you come up with then, I think y'all want peeps to think y'all are better than you are, some kind of fear thang, we'll keep trying, y'all suck imo and your attitude is worse than that.

15 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

At least your just saying win region this year because y'all were suppose to win state last year and y'all got that azz handed to you the second round, hell when y'all start bouncing round balls after the first round this year are y'all still the best there is. It's gonna be interesting to hear what you come up with then, I think y'all want peeps to think y'all are better than you are, some kind of fear thang, we'll keep trying, y'all suck imo and your attitude is worse than that.

Hey man, as long as y'all have a strong JV it's all good. I predict Dayton misses the playoffs all together before Crosby loses in the first round though. I'm probably a little better at predictions than you since all of yours have been wrong so far as it pertains to the varsity program. You're right though, after going 11-0 it did take one of those SW Houston squads to beat us. There's a reason Ridge Point will go undefeated in the regular season and be the D1 #1 seed from the Fort Bend district this year. It's fine that we suck and are average at best, but you just downgraded your program as well as all the other 5A programs in SETX. Really the whole Houston area because other than Manvel, Crosby sits at #2 in all categories of current 5A teams.  

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Hey man, as long as y'all have a strong JV it's all good. I predict Dayton misses the playoffs all together before Crosby loses in the first round though. I'm probably a little better at predictions than you since all of yours have been wrong so far as it pertains to the varsity program. You're right though, after going 11-0 it did take one of those SW Houston squads to beat us. There's a reason Ridge Point will go undefeated in the regular season and be the D1 #1 seed from the Fort Bend district this year. It's fine that we suck and are average at best, but you just downgraded your program as well as all the other 5A programs in SETX. Really the whole Houston area because other than Manvel, Crosby sits at #2 in all categories of current 5A teams.  

Not on max preps that I can see, maybe just in your head. And my thoughts isn't gonna make or break another 5 A program, just as well as yours won't. I support our program here in Dayton but could really give a rats azz about yours, I do find it funny how when somebody pulls your chain about the comment y'all said last year "state champions" that it still hurts. 

50 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Hey 14.2, we suck but Dayton got sent to the glue factory via a azz whippin by Splendora on homecoming....

:)

17 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Not on max preps that I can see, maybe just in your head. And my thoughts isn't gonna make or break another 5 A program, just as well as yours won't. I support our program here in Dayton but could really give a rats azz about yours, I do find it funny how when somebody pulls your chain about the comment y'all said last year "state champions" that it still hurts. 

Lol, we went 11-0 without a D1 rb that was intricate to our semifinal run. It Hurts we lost Grace that year but it doesn't hurt at all losing to Ridge Point who ended up going down to the champ in the semis. They had better players and were the better team that day. The state champ thing is cool too, you can ask any kid on Crosby's team right now and they'll tell you they expect to win state this year also. That comes from the top down. What's more funny than Crosby's 11-1 record was the hype surrounding Nations hiring last year. Crosby is back rolling and Dayton is losing to teams that were going winless in 4A.

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, we went 11-0 without a D1 rb that was intricate to our semifinal run. It Hurts we lost Grace that year but it doesn't hurt at all losing to Ridge Point who ended up going down to the champ in the semis. They had better players and were the better team that day. The state champ thing is cool too, you can ask any kid on Crosby's team right now and they'll tell you they expect to win state this year also. That comes from the top down. What's more funny than Crosby's 11-1 record was the hype surrounding Nations hiring last year. Crosby is back rolling and Dayton is losing to teams that were going winless in 4A.

Teams change, and players step up, Splendora may give y'all a run for yalls money, and a lot of others, I've seen highlights of that game, unfortunately I was out of town that week and missed the ballgame, so you never know what the out come of a ball game will be until that fourth quarter horn goes off.

51 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Good luck Dayton. 

1 hour ago, Bronco94 said:

Does stink when we don't reach our goals. But I am happy that's our goal vs a dream. The day our goal is to just make the playoffs is the day our program will start to slide. Good luck, Broncos. I'd root for you but it's to Crosby's advantage that you all don't get in to the playoffs. That's the only reason I'm cheering for Humble this week. 

What I find amusing is that not so long ago Dayton went to the Semi's and was on here driving everyone nuts with their talk of ruling the world. At that time I was telling them to enjoy there success and be humble because it can go as fast as it came:) I will give Crosby the same advice ..although now it seems un reasonable to think that Crosby could return back to the days when they were just an average team:) For now though Crosby is king in district no matter how you slice it! Teams will try each week to knock them off, but will most likely fail. IMO Crosby is on a different level than the teams in our district and someday years down the road Porter could be the next king and talking about how they will rule the world.. LOL... Enjoy it while It last folks!

40 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

What I find amusing is that not so long ago Dayton went to the Semi's and was on here driving everyone nuts with their talk of ruling the world. At that time I was telling them to enjoy there success and be humble because it can go as fast as it came:) I will give Crosby the same advice ..although now it seems un reasonable to think that Crosby could return back to the days when they were just an average team:) For now though Crosby is king in district no matter how you slice it! Teams will try each week to knock them off, but will most likely fail. IMO Crosby is on a different level than the teams in our district and someday years down the road Porter could be the next king and talking about how they will rule the world.. LOL... Enjoy it while It last folks!

Thank you for the respect. I agree with you. Things change. I don't see Crosby taking a step back anytime soon but neither do most programs before it happens. I'd give Crosby fans the same advice. Be humble. 

The problem is I also believe in being honest. Last week I didn't think the BH / Crosby game would be close. I stated as such. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to BH. I just honestly believed they are still a level or two away from Crosby. 

I think most of the frustration from Crosby fans comes from lots of ppl reminding us where our program has been without respect for where it is now. We're not Mecca. But we are a very good 5A program. 

Good luck to all of 21-5A. As I've said before, the better we all are, the better we all are. 

Go Crosby!!!

1 hour ago, Bronco94 said:

We took it and now we gonna start handing them out!!!! Get in line and get yours soon.

What you handing out? Free glue at all Dayton games with purchase of admission??? I'm good I rather not, I don't think there is enough glue in this world to escape the shock of a Caney Creek win over Dayton! 

1 hour ago, #CodeRedCoog said:

What you handing out? Free glue at all Dayton games with purchase of admission??? I'm good I rather not, I don't think there is enough glue in this world to escape the shock of a Caney Creek win over Dayton! 

That just sounds like Charlie Browns parents talking, wha wha wha wha, so zip it