New Ozen Boss Means Business!!

KFDM COOP

Guest DickVitale

You are correct Soulja, the athletes are there...I am hoping for a big turnaround, because last season was a total embarrassment... :o

Louis was the offensive mastermind, and was a bit challenged on the other side, I must admit, but, what is the DC for?  I still think of the four coaches Ozen football has had, Arthur was by far and away the best one. ;)

Well where I'm from, the Head Coach should be versed in all 3 phases:  O, D, and Special Teams.  A Lew got his players scholarships.  I'll give him that.  He couldn't beat MC, which got him in trouble with Dr. Thomas....

Guest DickVitale

You are right SFA85, but with his weakness on defense he did a great job of leading...They were organized, they played hard, and that offense was UNSTOPPABLE... but you are correct, had ALL phases been intact, they probably would have fared better...

Guest Living 4 Friday Nights

There're heading in the right direction no doubt about it. New Coach new team. I was really disappointed in Clayton.

Arthur Lewis and Clayton were coaches at the Brook when I played.  I thought both of them were good coaches. I think A lewis would be a better head coach than Clayton, but I still think Clayton should atleast be an assistant coach in the district. Unless he's changed from the early 90's, he was fair but strict and expected 110% from the players. Coach Lewis was done wrong in my opinion, and I don't know all the guys at Ozen, but you don't think it could be the PLAYERS sometimes instead of the coaches. Also, someone mentioned that A Lewis couldn't beat MC so he was fired. What's up with that, it sounds like the overrated leader of the district has issues.

Arthur Lewis and Clayton were coaches at the Brook when I played.  I thought both of them were good coaches. I think A lewis would be a better head coach than Clayton, but I still think Clayton should atleast be an assistant coach in the district. Unless he's changed from the early 90's, he was fair but strict and expected 110% from the players. Coach Lewis was done wrong in my opinion, and I don't know all the guys at Ozen, but you don't think it could be the PLAYERS sometimes instead of the coaches. Also, someone mentioned that A Lewis couldn't beat MC so he was fired. What's up with that, it sounds like the overrated leader of the district has issues.

A Lew and Dr. Thomas had a Jerry Jones Jimmy Johnson moment without the alcohol as it was told to me.  He brought all 3 coaches in @the time(Rabb and Dixon which Dixon chose not to coach and was reasigned over the busses).  Rabb asked for 1 more shot, Lewis did the same then changed his mind later........

As Person who knows first hands what its all about at Ozen I'll tell you guys this Ozen will never amount to are get back in the direction that it started off in with Arthur Louis, which was the direction any first year head coach and athletic program would want. The man came in with a shallow pool of coaches to hire his first year. But still managed to make it to the playoffs as a first year head coach, first year varsity program and (Not ONE Senior on the field) His motto for his athletes was simple, (SCHOLARSHIPS and CHAMPIONSHIPS) and thats exactly what he brought. in only our 2nd year of varsity competition we tied for the district 19-4A championship with Dayton and not only that but  in Coach Louis first 3 years at Ozen he sent more students to college on athletic scholarships then any other coach in this area, and if any one wants to argue just let me know b/c the list can and will be provided. With that all being said Ozen had its chance at becoming a power house outside of the golden triangle but some people wouldn't know a good thing if it kick them in the b#lls.....

But when your 0-8ish against MC dispite avg 6 D-1's per year, something is wrong with the program.  Yeah he made the playoffs year 1 but was 2-8 and if Lumberton would've beaten them by 3 or more, they would've stayed home.  Look how Brooks turned them around overnight by emphising defense.  Even to the point of being 2nd behind Suggs' Central Jags in total defense.  A Lou might have been around during the glory days of Hebert but he was observing from across Ave. A.......

But when your 0-8ish against MC dispite avg 6 D-1's per year, something is wrong with the program.  Yeah he made the playoffs year 1 but was 2-8 and if Lumberton would've beaten them by 3 or more, they would've stayed home.  Look how Brooks turned them around overnight by emphising defense.  Even to the point of being 2nd behind Suggs' Central Jags in total defense.  A Lou might have been around during the glory days of Hebert but he was observing from across Ave. A.......

Who gives a flying whoot about him going 0-8 against MC teams, if thats what you want to argue then I can say that he left with a 1-1 record against Dan Hooks and the win came against the same 2000 team that went all the way to the state title game. You see I dont know about you but as a parent what I look for in a program and a coach, is not only a winning coach which he was even in his first year with no seniors but a coach who emphasizes getting young men to the next level and not just using them to put wins on his resume. You see thats what Arthur Louis put in me and thats what helped me earn one of those scholarships and thats why Im now doing the same thing that someone done for me and thats the type of coach my kids will play for. With all that being said good luck to Coach Rison but BISD really dropped the ball a few years back and it finally showed it last year.

Who gives a flying whoot about him going 0-8 against MC teams, if thats what you want to argue then I can say that he left with a 1-1 record against Dan Hooks and the win came against the same 2000 team that went all the way to the state title game. You see I dont know about you but as a parent what I look for in a program and a coach, is not only a winning coach which he was even in his first year with no seniors but a coach who emphasizes getting young men to the next level and not just using them to put wins on his resume. You see thats what Arthur Louis put in me and thats what helped me earn one of those scholarships and thats why Im now doing the same thing that someone done for me and thats the type of coach my kids will play for. With all that being said good luck to Coach Rison but BISD really dropped the ball a few years back and it finally showed it last year.

I will never ever talk down how A Lou help those kids, you included, on to college.  I'll give him all the credit for that.  Just as a head coach, he under achieved.  Plain and simple

That 2000 WO-S team went 15-1 losing only in the State Championship.

2001 was the second worst year as far as w's and l's go, for WO-S.........only the '83 season of 3-7(22-5a) was worst....but hey you won one.......

Actually they won 2.  The famous Monday night game, 7-6 Ozen @WO-S......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33