Silsbee Schedule

ST413

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Horsepucky.  I don't buy it not one bit.  Play the team, tough or weak, win, and advance.  smh

Now if you'd told me that the host was using specific referees for manipulation, that'll be more believable.  

If you don't believe Memorial has set up the brackets in the Gamble to get to the finals (One of MANY examples and NOT unique to PAM), I can't help you.  AAW is right - happens ALL the time. 

10 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee has got one thing on their mind and that's taking care of Westbury Christian tomorrow.! And to a comment I" read earlier I" don't care how big a guy is ain't no one man show going to beat Silsbee. I can see some hearts being  broken in the future for a few S.A. area teams. :)

Truth.   Especially if it's a team that has a really good big man but weaker guards.  Big man won't be able to touch it enough to make a difference.  

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

If you don't believe Memorial has set up the brackets in the Gamble to get to the finals (One of MANY examples and NOT unique to PAM), I can't help you.  AAW is right - happens ALL the time. 

What's the difference between a consolation champion and a 2nd place finish in a tournament?  please answer this question....

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

You may not want to believe it but I have seen many brackets through the years myself where the home team had the definite easier bracket.  Does it guarantee anything no but it puts those stronger teams battling their way to the finals. 

You can answer that question as well about Consolation championship and 2nd place finish...

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What's the difference between a consolation champion and a 2nd place finish in a tournament?  please answer this question....

Not the point - the point is to give a team the best chance to be 1st place.  But I suppose consolation champ would be the best of the bottom half of tournament teams while 2nd would be the 2nd best team.  Theoretically of course.  

...And if you avoid a tournament because of a dumb belief that brackets are manipulated, then I question the toughness of your team AND the coaching... 

BTW, when the state tournaments are starting, and you face a great first round opponent, will the same gripes go on?

...And I know for a fact that the kids in Maroon and White could care less who they face or when or how.  They just wanna play and dominate...

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not the point - the point is to give a team the best chance to be 1st place.  But I suppose consolation champ would be the best of the bottom half of tournament teams while 2nd would be the 2nd best team.  Theoretically of course.  

....smh.  it's a valid point because if the best team is put against you in the first round, and you yourself is a good team, then you're probably going to win the consolation championship.  a 2nd place finish and a consolation championship both finish with the SAME TOURNAMENT RECORD.  BOTH considered a successful tournament run by almost every coach...

Look in see where you are coming from but the issue isn't whether 2nd place or consolation is the same or not.  You stated that you didn't believe that host teams aren't given an easier path to the finals in some cases.  That opinion is obviously wrong.  I can see multiple reasons for this the obvious being getting more money at the gate in many instances just due to being the local team.  

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

....smh.  it's a valid point because if the best team is put against you in the first round, and you yourself is a good team, then you're probably going to win the consolation championship.  a 2nd place finish and a consolation championship both finish with the SAME TOURNAMENT RECORD.  BOTH considered a successful tournament run by almost every coach...

Smh.  You are missing the whole point.  Badly.  Not about finishing 2nd or consolation.  That's not what is being considered.  Easiest path to championship.  To try and win the tournament.  But if you don't think this happens, I really can't help you.  

13 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Look in see where you are coming from but the issue isn't whether 2nd place or consolation is the same or not.  You stated that you didn't believe that host teams aren't given an easier path to the finals in some cases.  That opinion is obviously wrong.  I can see multiple reasons for this the obvious being getting more money at the gate in many instances just due to being the local team.  

You or anyone else haven't proven anything.  Your logic in this case is pretty weak.  You get a lot of money at the gate by making an OVERALL good tournament by bringing in several good teams, so the overal chances of weak teams making it far in the tournament is rare.  You'll have strong contenders no matter what in a good tournament.  In weak tournaments where you have several weak or mediocre teams and like 2 really strong teams, then you take your chances because the tournament probably isn't a high profile tournament.  

But you probably are hard wired to believe that ridiculous notion, so I'll stop debating...  almost like arguing with the knuckleheads in the stands at Sulzberger football games that dogged the HC....

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Silsbee has got one thing on their mind and that's taking care of Westbury Christian tomorrow.! And to a comment I" read earlier I" don't care how big a guy is ain't no one man show going to beat Silsbee. I can see some hearts being  broken in the future for a few S.A. area teams. :)

I know passion for Silsbee is strong early on, and it's a beautiful thang.  i feel that way myself.  If you go back & read what I posted you will see that I left a lot of leeway to go one way or another. I said "if" Wagner does or does not have good guards Silsbee maybe able to do something with that.  I have no idea what kind of guards Wagner has.  We will all find out early in December.

I finally got to see Houston Sam Houston just now.  They defeated Westbury Christian by 9 or 10 points.  I forgot the score.  WC has a good team.  They say Houston christian is # 2 in TAPPs behind Kinkaid.  Westbury christian looks just as good as HC, maybe better.  Salinsky is as good as they say.  Of course, Silsbee handled HC.  It should be a good game tomorrow evening.

Sam Houston suited up only 8 players.  They run a press that is very similar to the Silsbee press, but they don't have the depth.  PG Kendrick Davis is very good.  If i have one criticism, he is in love with his handles.  He was stalling out there dribbling between his legs and all that and was called twice for five seconds.   Houston Sam Houston still won though.

it should be a good game tomorrow between the Tigers and WC.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You or anyone else haven't proven anything.  Your logic in this case is pretty weak.  You get a lot of money at the gate by making an OVERALL good tournament by bringing in several good teams, so the overal chances of weak teams making it far in the tournament is rare.  You'll have strong contenders no matter what in a good tournament.  In weak tournaments where you have several weak or mediocre teams and like 2 really strong teams, then you take your chances because the tournament probably isn't a high profile tournament.  

But you probably are hard wired to believe that ridiculous notion, so I'll stop debating...  almost like arguing with the knuckleheads in the stands at Sulzberger football games that dogged the HC....

In SA who is going to put more people in the stands a SA school or Silsbee? That's simple a much as we love our Tigers not many are going to travel that distance.  Heck we had the top ranked team in the state last year and we didn't get that many in the stands until the HJ game.  Yes for all practicality the best team should win a tourney no matter what order they have to play and a team like these Tigers isn't going to shy away.  But you look at some of these tourneys hosted by a single school and you see if there aren't several of those home teams with an easier path.  It may be getting a little harder to do with these pool play tourneys.

i should of stayed with my original assertion that the South SA tournament considers Silsbee an interloper of sorts. 

3 hours ago, Who That said:

Houston Christian will destroy Westbury Christian.!!  Silsbee beats W.C. tomorrow by 25 +.! :)

I don't keep up with private school basketball other than tournaments.  You could be right.  I don't have any skin in the game i.e.  no money bet, etc.

How I plan to park at Houston St Thomas high school (for the Silsbee game Saturday 11/26/16 at 6:30pm). 

If you have your own route, or a better route use it. Here's mine:

Coming from the East on I-10  (Beaumont Tx, or Downtown Houston) going West.  

1) Exit at Shepherd, Durham. 

2) turn left on Durham heading South.  

3) turn left on Feagan st heading back East.

4) turn right on Jackson Hill St. heading South.

5) turn right on Memorial drive.  

Stay to the right, for a short distance. Go past the apartment complex, and the convenience store.

6) turn right into the entrance to St Thomas HS.  Keep around to the back, there is parking on the other side of the school.

16 hours ago, Who That said:

Houston Christian will destroy Westbury Christian.!!  Silsbee beats W.C. tomorrow by 25 +.! :)

HC beat them by 15 a week or so ago (although WC best GLV by about 20 on weds and GLV beat HC yesterday).  You are right about Silsbee today though.  I would put the line at about 25-30.  WC isn't nearly deep enough to play with Silsbee's full team.  

I am a Silsbee fan so I hope both of you are right.  H Sam Hou wasn't deep enough to press HC like they wanted to.  They were versatile enough to beat HC at their own game.  H Sam is 6a Silsbee is 4a, as you know. If they, Silsbee,  can press their way to a W today, cool.  Maybe all the way to a state trophy.  Works for me.  

5 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I am a Silsbee fan so I hope both of you are right.  H Sam Hou wasn't deep enough to press HC like they wanted to.  They were versatile enough to beat HC at their own game.  H Sam is 6a Silsbee is 4a, as you know. If they, Silsbee,  can press their way to a W today, cool.  Maybe all the way to a state trophy.  Works for me.  

Comes down to depth in this one.  WC can play with Silsbee when Silsbee is 6 or 7 deep.  I don't think they can with Silsbee when they are 12 or so deep (and not many can).  I'm sure WC will put up their best effort and they have an absolute dog in Slazinski.  But won't be enough against the relentless stream of Tigers that Sigler can run out there.  In my opinion of course. I'm often wrong ;)

13 hours ago, Kountzer said:

How I plan to park at Houston St Thomas high school (for the Silsbee game Saturday 11/26/16 at 6:30pm). 

If you have your own route, or a better route use it. Here's mine:

Coming from the East on I-10  (Beaumont Tx, or Downtown Houston) going West.  

1) Exit at Shepherd, Durham. 

2) turn left on Durham heading South.  

3) turn left on Feagan st heading back East.

4) turn right on Jackson Hill St. heading South.

5) turn right on Memorial drive.  

Stay to the right, for a short distance. Go past the apartment complex, and the convenience store.

6) turn right into the entrance to St Thomas HS.  Keep around to the back, there is parking on the other side of the school.

Thanks for the advice.  heading there tonight .