Silsbee Schedule

ST413

I am saying the complaining and moaning would be going on and that's why a lot of schools don't want to play a WOS in football or a Silsbee in basketball, those moans and groans are a lot worse when one of the better teams in a higher class lose to a smaller school.  And any of those games are learning, experience games before district starts that's why not Ozen and Silsbee have their schedules.  A few years back when Silsbee and HJ were beating those Beaumont schools regularly word went out that they weren't to lose to us little schools anymore....and since then keeping those schools on the schedule has been a problem.

Hay I was just saying it would be a good game for both schools LMAO... I've done seen Silsbee run and dunk all over Ozen earlier this year .. First time for me to see Willie" play and he hasn't been back on the court because of football. But he had no problems flying over the Ozen players head and slamming it in.. It was actually a very easy win for the Tigers. And yes I'm a Tiger 100% but don't think I'm knot for the ☆ 409 ☆ if Ozen goes to state in 5A I" will be rooting for them all the way....

25 minutes ago, Who That said:

Hay I was just saying it would be a good game for both schools LMAO... I've done seen Silsbee run and dunk all over Ozen earlier this year .. First time for me to see Willie" play and he hasn't been back on the court because of football. But he had no problems flying over the Ozen players head and slamming it in.. It was actually a very easy win for the Tigers. And yes I'm a Tiger 100% but don't think I'm knot for the ☆ 409 ☆ if Ozen goes to state in 5A I" will be rooting for them all the way....

Preseason don't mean that much so many things change.

5 hours ago, Who That said:

Yeah I feel you". We didn't have Bush" Adams are Devon on the court when we beat them.. It could of been a lot worse.! So many things change". And at that time it was for more the worse for Ozen. lol

All of these kids played every time Ozen played them in the summer falll league not sure which games u were at . Only games the Fb players didnt play in were the ones in the Ozen league. As someone already stated it was just preseason no titles are won in June. 

On 10/12/2016 at 1:29 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I do know this and this is fact. Several years ago when Dr. Thomas was still sup, he made it known to the coaches that West Brook, Central and Ozen were no longer to schedule Silsbee, HJ or Kountze unless they could guarantee wins over those teams. Said we had no business losing to those teams. Heard that for myself.

Mamba is right, scheduling is a two way street. I have heard both sides in regards to Ozen/Silsbee. Probably best they don't play.

He also ia responsible for Coach Louis leaving the football program back then. The program was on the rise but because they lost to Nederland he couldnt take it and made ultimatums which doesnt fly for some . Should've just stuck to making that schools better like he was doing 

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

All of these kids played every time Ozen played them in the summer falll league not sure which games u were at . Only games the Fb players didnt play in were the ones in the Ozen league. As someone already stated it was just preseason no titles are won in June. 

Devon did not play in the summer league at all.  Fall league yes.  And Bush and Adams both missed many games in the summer being away with aaa, camps and college visits etc.. Not sure how many or which Ozen games those two may or may not have missed.

• 1 month later...

i think I figured out why they paired Silsbee against SA Wagner in the first round of the San Antonio tournament.  Maybe this is old news; if not here goes: Wagner has a 6'9" 230 center/power forward named Tristan Clark.  He's the main reason they are ranked so high.  Also, he is a Baylor signee, as are the two Silsbee guards, Jordan and Devon.  Some how I think that is a factor in those two teams playing one another.   

Maybe Silsbee's press can frustrate & wear down Wagner's guards.  If not that game will be a long learning experience.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

i think I figured out why they paired Silsbee against SA Wagner in the first round of the San Antonio tournament.  Maybe this is old news; if not here goes: Wagner has a 6'9" 230 center/power forward named Tristan Clark.  He's the main reason they are ranked so high.  Also, he is a Baylor signee, as are the two Silsbee guards, Jordan and Devon.  Some how I think that is a factor in those two teams playing one another.   

Maybe Silsbee's press can frustrate & wear down Wagner's guards.  If not that game will be a long learning experience.

Clark has signed with Baylor because he is a senior.

Adams and McCain are only verbally committed. They are just soph.

No good reason to have two of the best teams in the tourney playing the first game.

But, It's my understanding that SAISD wants their schools in the finals and not some little SETX 4A school.

46 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No good reason to have two of the best teams in the tourney playing the first game.

But, It's my understanding that SAISD wants their schools in the finals and not some little SETX 4A school.

We'll see how that works out for them...

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I've never been a believer of someone manipulating the brackets to accommodate a specific team or to hose another team. You play the next team, if it's the best team in the tourney that you play, then so be it...

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I meant San Antonio area schools, not just the ISD schools.

My apologies.

San Antonio school districts are confusing (think there are 14 just in the city). Just gave a good laugh from where I'm at and knowing the districts there  

As for manipulating from what I remember South San probably doesn't want a Converse school to win. Big difference between those school districts. 

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Then you haven't been around tournaments long enough.

We've had this debate last year when the ridiculous notion vwas brought up that Oxen was INTENTIONALLY put on the difficult bracket in a tournament.  ironically, Ozen went on to win the tournament, so that silly thought process goes on to this day.  

Silsbee will hold their own against ANYONE thisbhear, we can both agree with this.  but I'm a firm believer that you will need to face the tough competition either now or later.  you'll lose to them now or later.  In a tournament, a consolation championship is the same status as a second place finish.  Key thing.  Both instances will finish with one loss..