The "Affordable" healthcare act

stevenash

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

There'll be no studies, but I'd be curious to know how well the Affordable Health Care Act is physically working compared to our prior system.  Affordable?  That's a misnomer if I ever heard one.  For the patient and the Government.  Freaking Money Pit.

Very true...this is all geared towards single payer and anyone paying attention knows it.

The last thing the fed gov would ever want is a study to determine how efficient they are.

11 minutes ago, stevenash said:

This article is dated 2013- I would guess the costs/deductibles have risen considerably since then

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

The Affordable Care Act is turning out to be less than affordable for some consumers.

That’s because many of the plans carry huge deductibles, creating potential financial problems for middle-class consumers. Some “bronze”-level plans, the lowest level of coverage, carry deductibles as high as $12,700 per year for a family of four. 

Couldn't be, I didn't think anyone in the exchange had a deductible that high. :)

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

The Affordable Care Act is turning out to be less than affordable for some consumers.

That’s because many of the plans carry huge deductibles, creating potential financial problems for middle-class consumers. Some “bronze”-level plans, the lowest level of coverage, carry deductibles as high as $12,700 per year for a family of four. 

Couldn't be, I didn't think anyone in the exchange had a deductible that high. :)

Don't sweat him... Sounds like a typical insurer. He's obviously got an agenda.

If the main goal of Obamacare is to get everyone covered, Why can I not order health insurance after open enrollment ended on January 31st with out a "life event?"

Seems like more of a money grab to me.  If you are a day late but still have insurance for 11 of the 12 months, you still have to pay the penalty and buy shortterm coverage.

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

If the main goal of Obamacare is to get every covered, Why can I not order health insurance after open enrollment ended on January 31st with out a "life event?"

Seems like more of a money grab to me.  If you are a day late but still have insurance for 11 of the 12 months, you still have to pay the penalty and buy shortterm coverage.

Valid, unanswerable question.

On 8/16/2016 at 6:16 AM, BS Wildcats said:

Touted by many, but the ACA is an abject failure.

I bought insurance on the exchange.  I chose the silver plan through Community Health Choice. I was paying $327/mo for a family of four with a 500 deductible.  It depends on if one choses a gold plan which is more expensive, the silver plan  is in the middle or the bronze plan, which is the least expensive.  It also depends on the company. Blue Advantage's silver plan is awesome. Aetna is horrible.  You have to be a medical professional, I guess to understand. In my opinion it is not that difficult. I have found really good plans for my family members.

48 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I bought insurance on the exchange.  I chose the silver plan through Community Health Choice. I was paying $327/mo for a family of four with a 500 deductible.  It depends on if one choses a gold plan which is more expensive, the silver plan  is in the middle or the bronze plan, which is the least expensive.  It also depends on the company. Blue Advantage's silver plan is awesome. Aetna is horrible.  You have to be a medical professional, I guess to understand. In my opinion it is not that difficult. I have found really good plans for my family members.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Come on westend1, are you not going to call BS on this one?

Big girl, how did you acquire that elitist attitude that you and fellow medical professionals are the only ones that can understand Obamacare exchanges. Are you really that arrogant?

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

sent

Got it. It's on my work computer and I had to leave early today because my wife decided to break the water main at the house. So I'm getting to play Mr. Plumber this afternoon. I'll get it to you tomorrow. Maybe you can help me understand where this money is going since you're so well versed in it.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

You must be getting a subsidy, because there is no way that is what you are paying without it.  I was no where close to that for a family of 3 and we are younger than you.  I was well over $1,000 a month.  I don't believe your numbers for a second.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

My wife is a medical professional, so I know first hand what Obamacare is doing to the medical industry.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Show us your tax returns!

31 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I would be glad to, unless i had something to hide!

So do it. Or maybe you do have something to hide. If you don't show us, we have to assume we'll know that you do indeed have something to hide.

Harry Reid said you don't pay taxes. I'll take him at his word and put a pox on your house unless you release your tax returns. (Sometimes it's fun acting like a Liberal.)

20 minutes ago, Big girl said:

In November go to the website and shop for yourself. It is amazing that you even have an opinion being that you've never looked at the exchange. How dumb can one be.

Quit questioning everyone's mental capabilities. I'll match wits with you  post crap with nothing to back it up. 

Why would I look it up? I have no use for government assistance. I work for everything I have. Nobody paid my way. It's a matter of pride I guess people of your mentality just wouldn't understand. Buy all the Obamacare you can stand, then tell me how well it works with a reputable doctor compared to a street alley abortionist with a clothes hanger.

29 minutes ago, Big girl said:

In November go to the website and shop for yourself. It is amazing that you even have an opinion being that you've never looked at the exchange. How dumb can one be.

Release your tax returns so we can see how much you pay for health insurance. Or do you have something to hide? Why won't you show us your tax returns?

54 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Some folks don't qualify... My family doesn't. If your company offers "affordable" health insurance options (affordable being the relative term), you have two choices... Pick up their insurance or pay the penalty. You don't qualify for exchange. So we're railroaded into my company's crap insurance plan.