The "Affordable" healthcare act

stevenash

The price of a hospital visit, medication or any medical procedure has been out of control for 20 years. Republicans and democrat leaders dont seem to worry about this. If someone in congress would have done anything to alleviate this we probably woudnt have the aca. Congress has worried more about abstructing and fighting than doing anything. Does anybody care about the price of auto and home insurance and how much it has risen and whose fault that is. Corporate  greed has hurt my family far more than the aca. When i look at my budget i don't say, if it wasn't for the aca I would be wealthy. The cost of college, automobiles, homes are absolutely out of control. And on another note many people that have worked all of their lives need help from the government  (free stuff) because of all cost to live today. Their are probably diseases that we would have a cure for if it weren't  for corporate greed, but let's just blame OBAMACARE and give everyone else a free pass.

Keep blaming it on corporate greed if that makes you feel better.  I tend to think it has a lot more to do with govt regulations not allowing insurance companies compete across state lines.  The funny thing about free markets is that they drive prices down and service up when all of these companies are competing nationwide. 

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Keep blaming it on corporate greed if that makes you feel better.  I tend to think it has a lot more to do with govt regulations not allowing insurance companies compete across state lines.  The funny thing about free markets is that they drive prices down and service up when all of these companies are competing nationwide. 

Thanks for your OPINION !

41 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The libtards rally cry.

35 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Thanks for your OPINION !

The Republicans blocked billions of dollars in taxpayer funds from going to private insurance companies to subsidize their losses.  Obamacare had govt bailouts written into it when it passed because they knew it wouldn't work and the taxpayers would pick up the tab.

It's kind of ironic that you support heavily taxing the low & middle class, so those GREEDY insurance companies can keep raking in their profits.  

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

The price of a hospital visit, medication or any medical procedure has been out of control for 20 years. Republicans and democrat leaders dont seem to worry about this. If someone in congress would have done anything to alleviate this we probably woudnt have the aca. Congress has worried more about abstructing and fighting than doing anything. Does anybody care about the price of auto and home insurance and how much it has risen and whose fault that is. Corporate  greed has hurt my family far more than the aca. When i look at my budget i don't say, if it wasn't for the aca I would be wealthy. The cost of college, automobiles, homes are absolutely out of control. And on another note many people that have worked all of their lives need help from the government  (free stuff) because of all cost to live today. Their are probably diseases that we would have a cure for if it weren't  for corporate greed, but let's just blame OBAMACARE and give everyone else a free pass.

since the 60's wages are up 500%.  A postage stamp is up 900%.  The average disability payment is up 1160%.  Since you believe that the cost of college, automobiles, and homes are absolutely out of control, do you want government price controls?

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

since the 60's wages are up 500%.  A postage stamp is up 900%.  The average disability payment is up 1160%.  Since you believe that the cost of college, automobiles, and homes are absolutely out of control, do you want government price controls?

The affordablecare act is not a problem for my family. Healthcare facility cost and the cost of meds or a bigger problem. And these cost didnt start with the aca.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

The Republicans blocked billions of dollars in taxpayer funds from going to private insurance companies to subsidize their losses.  Obamacare had govt bailouts written into it when it passed because they knew it wouldn't work and the taxpayers would pick up the tab.

It's kind of ironic that you support heavily taxing the low & middle class, so those GREEDY insurance companies can keep raking in their profits.  

Keep making yoursel believe that. November will tell all.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I never denied the greedy insurance company part. But if your guys had tried to fix that problem the aca wouldnt exist. Im siding with me. All politicians are in it for themselves

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Good thing message boards exist, so you have a place to speak your mind.

5 hours ago, new tobie said:

The common denominator in the rise of cost of all those things is "more government involvement".

Are corporations any more greedy today than they were 20+ years ago? You want to blame greed, but the level of greed has not risen in the past twenty years. Twenty plus years ago hospital care was affordable. This happened while the level of greed stayed the same and government regulations increased. So to get costs back down, are you suggesting we should we try to force corporations to not be so greedy? Is that your solution?

And why do you keeping blaming the government's "lack of involvement" for all the ills of America, when the government's amount of involvement is truly to blame for most of our problems?

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Please answer the question.  Do  you believe that government ought to get in the business ( more than it already is) of dictating who can sell what and for how much?

I didn't ask for the aca, but i have a problem with medical facilities gone wild. Before the medical proffesion blamed cost on people going to the hospital and not paying at all. Now its the affordable care act. If my republican counterparts would have done anything at all to curb this situation when they held office, I would be praising them. Nothing has been done in the last 15 years.

10 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I didn't ask for the aca, but i have a problem with medical facilities gone wild. Before the medical proffesion blamed cost on people going to the hospital and not paying at all. Now its the affordable care act. If my republican counterparts would have done anything at all to curb this situation when they held office, I would be praising them. Nothing has been done in the last 15 years.

What should they have done? It has been proven over and over and over that when government gets involved, prices rise. The government needs to get the hell out of healthcare, along with college, as well as all education...this list can get long in a hurry. I find it astonishing that anyone can believe the government is the source of solutions when there is an abundance of evidence showing government is the source of the problems. If you want to blame the government, blame Liberals who feel the need to stick their stinking noses is places they shouldn't belong.

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

What should they have done? It has been proven over and over and over that when government gets involved, prices rise. The government needs to get the hell out of healthcare, along with college, as well as all education...this list can get long in a hurry. I find it astonishing that anyone can believe the government is the source of solutions when there is an abundance of evidence showing government is the source of the problems. If you want to blame the government, blame Liberals who feel the need to stick their stinking noses is places they shouldn't belong.

Exactly right! 

• 4 weeks later...