The "Affordable" healthcare act

stevenash

31 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Look,  why yall  complaining? Don't you guys see all the new emergency centers sprouting up? People have insurance and they need alternative places to seek medical attention. And look at the jobs being created within this system. 

lol...like this? (posted this earlier)

This is the hidden content, please

Face it, it's a disaster.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:45 PM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Look,  why yall  complaining? Don't you guys see all the new emergency centers sprouting up? People have insurance and they need alternative places to seek medical attention. And look at the jobs being created within this system. 

This is obviously the dumbest post on this board that I've ever seen.  And I've seen some doozies.  The new emergency centers that you speak of are all starting their own conglomerate that will bankrupt soon enough.  They don't offer near enough support and are essentially a rip off.

Also, just some food for thought...my family's insurance rose from 2013 when I paid roughly $600/month for a family of 4 in premiums, to almost $900/month in premiums.  Plus my deductible went from $3500 to $12K.  So, I can afford to pay insurance premiums to keep from big O from taxing me on my returns.  But I can't afford to use the insurance in the event that I need it.

You sir, need to educate yourself before you open your big, gaping, pole smoker.

Oh, and I almost forgot...THANKS OBAMA!

On 9/29/2016 at 11:08 AM, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

This is obviously the dumbest post on this board that I've ever seen.  And I've seen some doozies.  The new emergency centers that you speak of are all starting their own conglomerate that will bankrupt soon enough.  They don't offer near enough support and are essentially a rip off.

Also, just some food for thought...my family's insurance rose from 2013 when I paid roughly $600/month for a family of 4 in premiums, to almost $900/month in premiums.  Plus my deductible went from $3500 to $12K.  So, I can afford to pay insurance premiums to keep from big O from taxing me on my returns.  But I can't afford to use the insurance in the event that I need it.

You sir, need to educate yourself before you open your big, gaping, pole smoker.

Oh, and I almost forgot...THANKS OBAMA!

To be honest, I don't believe your deductible is $12 grand.    Maybe because I have never seen that.  Nobody in the exchange has a deductible like that.

5 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Since you provided no link, I tried to look it up.  It appears that insurers are dropping drugs that have cheaper generic alternatives.  Is this what you are talking about?

Yes, but some drugs do not have the generic alternative.  One mother that was interviewed said it will cost her $1200 a month for her son's diabetes medicine, which she said there is no way that she can afford this.  All fingers point to the Unaffordable Healthcare Act for this fiasco.  I saw this while watching the news, therefore I did not supply you with a link.

4 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Yes, but some drugs do not have the generic alternative.  One mother that was interviewed said it will cost her $1200 a month for her son's diabetes medicine, which she said there is no way that she can afford this.  All fingers point to the Unaffordable Healthcare Act for this fiasco.  I saw this while watching the news, therefore I did not supply you with a link.

Right.  In this climate, there is a mother who can't get diabetes drugs for her kids.  First, bs.  Second, you think Trump will fix that?

3 hours ago, westend1 said:

To be honest, I don't believe your deductible is $12 grand.    Maybe because I have never seen that.  Nobody in the exchange has a deductible like that.

I was shopping last year and looked on the exchange.  The deductible for my family was $13,000.  It's not even worth having insurance if you have to pay $13k plus your monthly payment before it kicks in.  

There'll be no studies, but I'd be curious to know how well the Affordable Health Care Act is physically working compared to our prior system.  Affordable?  That's a misnomer if I ever heard one.  For the patient and the Government.  Freaking Money Pit.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

There'll be no studies, but I'd be curious to know how well the Affordable Health Care Act is physically working compared to our prior system.  Affordable?  That's a misnomer if I ever heard one.  For the patient and the Government.  Freaking Money Pit.

It's the same old story.  When government gets involved where it shouldn't, costs go up and efficiency declines.

14 hours ago, westend1 said:

To be honest, I wouldn't give 2 scoops of goose crap to hear what you think.  But, nonetheless, here we are...send me your email in a PM and I'll be glad to share my insurance coverage plan...you know, to make a believer out of you.