*Silsbee 51 Wharton 47 Final/Playoffs*

SilsbeeD

Wharton team was both fast & quick last night.  They had the advantage of scouting the Cleveland game and they sure didn't share any tape of themselves with the Tigers. 

Big play by Terrence Jones in the first half (12 tough points inside) carried the Tigers; them Harper and Robinson turned it up in the second half ending with about 9 and 13 respectively.  I think Brewer had only 2 at the end, but like in the Cleveland game he came up with some big blocks and caused some bad shots by the Wharton Tigers at time.  He reminds me of how a Robert Parrish could affect shot taking inside.

Silsbee literally spilled blood in the win, as several players were scratched and marred with the tough inside play, one even suffering a broken nose.  No wonder Coach Williams took a "T" defending his players.  In the end, the players fought out a tough win for the coach that is willing to stand up for his kids.

Hoping they realize that nothing can be taken for granted, and that in the end its them against the world. 

Guest tigersvoice

is Wharton very good, because i didn't think this one would be that close???  but i don't know much bout wharton though so thats why im asking??? any info would be nice...

Hawk - every team is now a couple of rounds into the playoffs.  All of the remaining teams are SOME good.  Wharton was the district winner in the district where West Columbia was runner up.  Did you expect your game to be that close ( 59 - 53 ) ?  No, I didn't either.  But the WIN is the WIN.  Let' just cheer 'em both on to Huntsville and then we'll show those fans a real ball game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33