WOS vs Silsbee

Gasilla

8 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

You add 2 people to your team and all of a sudden you say you can beat us. YOU HAVE TO STOP US TO BEAT US! We haven't lost a beat on offense and the defense has gotten better. Worry about PNG and Newton before worrying about us because I can guarantee you we aren't worried about no week 4 game. 

According to the video posted on this thread, seems the Mustangs are already looking to week 4. ;)

15 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Understandable.  It'll be a tall order for anyone to just beat the defending state champs, but if there is a team on their schedule to do it, would you not say it's Silsbee?

Silsbee will be tough but what about Kennedale, do you think they have a chance to beat WOS as well.

20 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Kennedale runs the slot-t..... Been there stopped that a 1,000 times!  

Sure its not Wing-T? Ask their regional opponents if its easy to stop. Plus they usually play great D. Underestimate Kennedale if you want. Didnt Coldspring run it in 09??

9 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Wo-so just needs to be ready for Vidor and their injury causing cut blocks that are for some reason allowed I have heard that the mustangs in past years against Vidor in scrimmages have lost players to this.

Lol...  We play Vidor every year...  Nothing illegal that they do on the field...  So I'll call that statement of yours straight BS...

WOS is and has always had a great football program, but for people to knock jones for going to Leagacy for 2 years is down right disrespectful and talking about average smh! The kid is better than average in every sport he plays he could probably play D1 in baseball,football, and basketball! Leagacy had some great athletes last year on that football team, Kandon Robertson(dad is from orange) will probably be Westbrooks best athlete on the football field and the kid that's penciled in as Westbrooks starting QB didn't even play QB at legacy and jones probably had a lot of coaches wishing he would've came to there school, but I know people will hate and talk down on 16 year old kids it's just the world we live n! Legacy has prepared him for the next level in life and I hope he will take full avantage of his  opportunities that most kids will not have,"getting a college education"!Good luck to all the kids in the area!

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol...  We play Vidor every year...  Nothing illegal that they do on the field...  So I'll call that statement of yours straight BS...

I know it's not illegal but a few fans from wo-'s that I know thinks that it is Vidor in scrimmageshas give the mustangs a tough time over the past years 

18 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

I know it's not illegal but a few fans from wo-'s that I know thinks that it is Vidor in scrimmageshas give the mustangs a tough time over the past years 

I know.  I wasn't gonna say anything, but sounds like an early excuse.  ...or past excuses.  Vidor don't play dirty.  

You're allowed to block low as long as it's from the front.  Then the defender can just leap over a low block...

On 8/5/2016 at 10:16 AM, tennisbc said:
23 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Sure its not Wing-T? Ask their regional opponents if its easy to stop. Plus they usually play great D. Underestimate Kennedale if you want. Didnt Coldspring run it in 09??

People in our region thought Belville's offense was hard to stop as well... We will see soon enough.

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They need to start playing a regular game again. 

You'll have to convince Coach Matthews to put WO-S on the schedule. Both coaches have to agree to play. For years, he has declined to play WO-S in a real game. Only a scrimmage will do. It's ridiculous that WO-S has teams right here in the back yard of the Golden Triangle, but has to look all over the state to find opponents because a few schools in the area refuse to schedule us (of course, that does not apply to the Nederlands and PNGs of the world who will play us). I hate that we have to play KIPP Northeast Academy when we could be playing a local team like Vidor.  Meanwhile, Vidor in recent years has made the effort to play a team from Florida? Makes no sense. 

13 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

WOS playing Kipp Academy is a joke. That's like playing Scarborough again. 

Exactly. No one is happy about that game. We were left with either playing them or have two open dates. No other options were available. Several quality opponents were communicated with, but they all either did not have the same open/available dates or, in several other cases, they just flat out declined to play. It's frustrating, but we go through this every two years when the schedules are made. 

6 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

With all of the transfers and great talent that Silsbee has, I hope WOS can at least make it a close game. I will be pulling for the underdog blue and silver team for an upset in this one. What a shock to the entire state if that happened.

Upset?  Some folks think WOS can beat high level talented 5A teams this year. Wont be an upset, im upset WOS couldnt get Vidor, Newton, Crockett, Coldspring or Allen on the schedule. Lol! :)