WOS vs Silsbee

Gasilla

So I'm hearing there is some serious smack talk going back and forth about this game between the kids and some adults. Even heard of some hefty waigers going on. Heck, even my buddy KJ dad left because of all the talking. Is this really going to be a big game? Silsbee lost their QB. I know they have a couple of great recievers, but those guys aren't going to be effective without someone to get them the ball and someone to block for him. What gives?

First you haven't seen me say anything along the lines of a pediction or knocking WOS.  Honestly like recent years of the HJ Silsbee matchup on the basketball court this series has been too lopsided to me t be considered a true rivalry.

now as far as this thread you stated what good are recievers if you have a qb that can't get them the ball.  Jones should be able to do that unless he has no time. Remember as good as Dontre was last year, the year before his passing was not real impressive.  It was the work that summer after his jr year, much like has gone on this summer.  And as far as time to throw, this years running game should garner a lot more attention and help in that respect.  Will all this add up to a Tiger win, way too early to really predict that and too many new variables on our end. But I like what I am hearing as far as attitude and the way we are going about this season.  It's just a matter of how fast we adjust to playing with the new people and coaches.

26 minutes ago, ST413 said:

First you haven't seen me say anything along the lines of a pediction or knocking WOS.  Honestly like recent years of the HJ Silsbee matchup on the basketball court this series has been too lopsided to me t be considered a true rivalry.

now as far as this thread you stated what good are recievers if you have a qb that can't get them the ball.  Jones should be able to do that unless he has no time. Remember as good as Dontre was last year, the year before his passing was not real impressive.  It was the work that summer after his jr year, much like has gone on this summer.  And as far as time to throw, this years running game should garner a lot more attention and help in that respect.  Will all this add up to a Tiger win, way too early to really predict that and too many new variables on our end. But I like what I am hearing as far as attitude and the way we are going about this season.  It's just a matter of how fast we adjust to playing with the new people and coaches.

Ur absolutely correct in my opinion.  ND I truly believe dat Silsbee will at least b in state semi-finals. Dey are a darn gud ball club.but I still have w.o beating. Dem.but da game will make each team better.  I stated earlier dat watching w.o d-line ND those 2 corners to go with da rest of dat defense. ND da speed da dey play at will give dem problems. I'm not saying Silsbee o-line is trash.but dey are not better den w.o d-line ND it will throw there offense off.nd even wit da new coaches will dey defense b any better. I believe dey will in da long run.just not dat early in da season. 

Of all the talk, all this game does is make both of our teams better. That's the whole point of us scheduling Silsbee and Silsbee scheduling us. Yes there is a lot of "talk" but that's all fine and dandy but talk is talk. When you carry a big stick, your opponents lip service is just that...lip service.  Of course we all know after that game we will both be behind each other's team 112% no matter the outcome. I've been staying away from commenting on this game because of obvious reasons. All I'm going to do is ask a question, a real question just to stimulate a discussion. Not smack talk, rather a real answer from Silsbee fans.....this question has no malice or nefarious intentions.... Here it goes... So what makes Silsbee fans believe they will beat WOS when the facts are this: Silsbee lost an unbelievable QB(that for the most part, a young WOS team, held in check) lost their head coach(which was a good one), claims their running game will beat WOS(when stopping the run is the Mustang forte) and WOS is returning their WHOLE State Chanpionship team minus 4 players? Yes, I understand that Sislbee was young and has a lot of underclass men talent returning but think about what I'm about to state.....go back and look at the Seniors this year for the Mustangs. Just count how many games they have played total in the past 3 years. By the time the playoffs come around, most of them will have played 42 games, a lot of them big, before the first round of the 2016 playoffs. That's not counting people like Mandel King who has played since his freshman year on varsity. My point is that type of experience cannot be taught or practiced. It doesn't matter what Silsbee can or should have this season, all I know is that WOS was "Texas Tested" and they are returning the whole team that aced that test...........

Can't Really go off last year it's a Brand New Year Silsbee runs a totally Different Offense and Defense schemes WOS Is Good but there Nothing that says unbeatable why do I feel that way because D1 and D2 is different talent level and competition Silsbee is battle tested and you bring a HC who is 1 year removed from 6A State Title Game plus Lost to Future State Champs Katy and Hung 30+ on them The Defense will be 20 times better then it's ever been and the Offense will be very Complex 

1 hour ago, kicker said:

Of all the talk, all this game does is make both of our teams better. That's the whole point of us scheduling Silsbee and Silsbee scheduling us. Yes there is a lot of "talk" but that's all fine and dandy but talk is talk. When you carry a big stick, your opponents lip service is just that...lip service.  Of course we all know after that game we will both be behind each other's team 112% no matter the outcome. I've been staying away from commenting on this game because of obvious reasons. All I'm going to do is ask a question, a real question just to stimulate a discussion. Not smack talk, rather a real answer from Silsbee fans.....this question has no malice or nefarious intentions.... Here it goes... So what makes Silsbee fans believe they will beat WOS when the facts are this: Silsbee lost an unbelievable QB(that for the most part, a young WOS team, held in check) lost their head coach(which was a good one), claims their running game will beat WOS(when stopping the run is the Mustang forte) and WOS is returning their WHOLE State Chanpionship team minus 4 players? Yes, I understand that Sislbee was young and has a lot of underclass men talent returning but think about what I'm about to state.....go back and look at the Seniors this year for the Mustangs. Just count how many games they have played total in the past 3 years. By the time the playoffs come around, most of them will have played 42 games, a lot of them big, before the first round of the 2016 playoffs. That's not counting people like Mandel King who has played since his freshman year on varsity. My point is that type of experience cannot be taught or practiced. It doesn't matter what Silsbee can or should have this season, all I know is that WOS was "Texas Tested" and they are returning the whole team that aced that test...........

T, that is kind of the point of my post. Silsbee struggles with WOS with their best teams. How are they going to climb that tower THIS year, after losing half their coaching staff, their QB and a few others while, on the other side, WOS brings back (arguably) their best team ever? Now, I'm just trying to strike up a convo, not hurt nobody's feelings. But just something I've been wondering about. And, I understand they got some transfers, but I don't believe a transfer is going to make them contenders unless one of them is s stud QB that threw for 3k last year, but I'd think I would have heard about that.

While we're on the subject, who DID transfer in?

4 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Way to early to even be talking about this game.

A lot of football to be played before these 2 meet up.

Enjoy this thread, its way better than the Vidor vs Nerdland rivalry game thread each year, I actually got my popcorn out now. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Enjoy this thread, its way better than the Vidor vs Nerdland rivalry game thread each year, I actually got my popcorn out now. 

Might as well get the party started. You know it's coming anyway... Honestly hoping I can get my boy out of the shadows. You know he's reading!

Also want to know what all the talk is about. Didn't know about 3 star QB's and 10th ranked RB's.