WOS vs Silsbee

Gasilla

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I'd rate Silsbee pretty far north of average. The only team in the area that had almost as much trouble finding a 10th game as WO-S was Silsbee....and there is a reason for that.

On 9/2, I think you might see what that reason was.

i like it, Newton has a chance to shock the world,its a great year to be a Fig Newton, 9/2

16 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Ill say it again.. this conversation goes no where for one reason.

History. 

But try this on....

How many TRULY believe its about individual talent this year?  Not a total team efficiency. Be honest.

I can't tell you how many times WOS has fed crow to teams and except for some

truly exceptional athletes the most dominating aspect of WOS is History. 

That history comes from success.  They have my respect as a program. I'm sure there are others.

That success breeds a mindset of winning.

That mindset is what the players look forward to.  The fear they instill in other teams before the first snap.

Opponents have to overcome that fear of missing that one tackle, that one play that starts the roll. 

That one play that puts them down by 7, then 14, then ...... well you get the idea.

Its rarely about individual talent.  Its about a team mindset.

Pay attention people.  The Silsbee fans that take the time to brave this board and have to be fed the crow of past history are talking about a hopeful and promising change in mindset.  A team mindset.

If any team can find it, feel it, embrace it and then build on it, it is Silsbee.

Will it be this year.  Who knows. There is a good chance of success.

They can feel it.  They are on the hunt.  Up to the players to believe and then embrace.

They have the talent.  Hands down. 

#TigerNation

Now this here is about the best, "drops the mic and walks off stage" posts I've seen yet. 

You are about 1000% correct on all of it. Nicely done.

18 hours ago, Coach_P said:

Can't Really go off last year it's a Brand New Year Silsbee runs a totally Different Offense and Defense schemes WOS Is Good but there Nothing that says unbeatable why do I feel that way because D1 and D2 is different talent level and competition Silsbee is battle tested and you bring a HC who is 1 year removed from 6A State Title Game plus Lost to Future State Champs Katy and Hung 30+ on them The Defense will be 20 times better then it's ever been and the Offense will be very Complex 

D1 is a different talent level? Well WOS had no problems running through the "D1" talent last season. Oh, and 5A teams either. Yes, we lost to Foster but that's a school that gave the 5A state champs a run for their money.

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

If Silsbee was D2 and WOS D1, do you think WOS would have still won state? Carthage beat down WOS a few years ago and always beat Silsbee. Seems to me Silsbee has a lot harder road to state than WOS. 

Carthage beat WOS in 2013 by the skin of their teeth. Nothing even close to a beat down...

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Uh, I believe a Mustang fan started this thread. ;)

Well... If you REALLY want to know who started this ball rolling, go look at your "Tigernation" thread... You (Silsbee fans) start talking about us "going down", with 4/4 returning you're going to get my attention. So... really a WOS fan DID NOT start this.

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee already had the pieces to compete for a district crown, but the addition of C having played 3 years in a 5a district ...  Imo, makes Silsbee a real contender....  If that defense shores up...

All the defense needs is a little discipline, and the new coach has already brought plenty of that!

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee already had the pieces to compete for a district crown, but the addition of C having played 3 years in a 5a district ...  Imo, makes Silsbee a real contender....  If that defense shores up...

What about the offensive line? They only have 1 returning starter, correct? I'm just asking, but do you not think the O-Line will make or break you?

And since I know you're involved on the "Tigernation" thread and I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but do you really think an in-experience front will be able to handle a VERY experienced defending state champ front 7 from WOS? 

As good as those transfers are, they can't do it by themselves.

4 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

What about the offensive line? They only have 1 returning starter, correct? I'm just asking, but do you not think the O-Line will make or break you?

And since I know you're involved on the "Tigernation" thread and I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but do you really think an in-experience front will be able to handle a VERY experienced defending state champ front 7 from WOS? 

Run blocking is the easiest thing for an o- line to learn and pick up.  They have decent size, and I don't think they'll go with a complicated zone blocking scheme.  Plus the HC is also a line guy.  If I'm not mistaken, he will also be coaching the o-line.   The school that he was an assistant coach at, he was an o-line coach and I believe they were VERY successful.  The big nasties will be fine, especially once they get some games under their belt....

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Run blocking is the easiest thing for an o- line to learn and pick up.  They have decent size, and I dint think they'll go with a complicated zone blocking scheme.  Plus the HC is also a line guy.  If I'm not mistaken, he will also be coaching the o-line.  The big nasties will be fine, especially once they get some games under their belt....

I think you underestimate the importance of game time experience. Being coached up and having big game experience are two different things. I truly hope Silsbee does have a great season and I would love to see them make another deep run, but beating this WOS team... I don't know about all of that.

2 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I think you underestimate the importance of game time experience. Being coached up and having big game experience are two different things. I truly hope Silsbee does have a great season and I would love to see them make another deep run, but beating this WOS team... I don't know about all of that.

Understandable.  It'll be a tall order for anyone to just beat the defending state champs, but if there is a team on their schedule to do it, would you not say it's Silsbee?

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And not taking anything away from WO-S, because they are very good but I also think they'll take and L to Kennedale. They'll still represent in the state title game...

Uhh yea, they want Silsbee, as expected....

With all the gum bumping that's gone on, I can see why.