This oughta offend some people secretly

5 hours ago, shovel said:

If you say so... I think the line of transgendered trying to enter the Armed Forces will be rather short, if it exists at all.

I'd hate to imagine the treatment they'd get if capture by ISIS.  

I wonder how they deal with transgenders in Middle East countries ?

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Govt taking away more rights from private businesses to push their agenda. 

This is the hidden content, please

Not exactly the government taking anything away.  This involved a company making a settlement within a lawsuit where they were sued by 2 individuals.   The court merely approved the settlement.  

HOWEVER, the lawsuit itself was BS in my opinion.   Most of you know I am left of most of the folks on this board and support most of the laws many of you oppose, including same sex marriages .  But if a private company does not want to facilitate same sex dating or relationships, they shouldn't be forced to.  In addition, as my buddy BS Wildcats points out, it is a faith-based business which brings in some freedom of religion issues as well IMO.  It's akin to what we've discussed before - a preacher should be allowed to marry a same sex couple if he or she chooses; he or she also should be able to say no thanks.  

In the end though, you can't pin this one on the government.   We will never know how it would have come out.  And it seems to me an economic decision was made by the website.  Sometimes the almighty dollar is more important than principles...