End of the Infamous Coin Flip Strategy?

Really love that this is being at least discussed. Baseball Playoffs need to have some uniformity. I am a series guy. Also saw where for football they discussed possibly giving top two seeds in each district home playoff games for 5A-6A. Really like the idea of this as well. Hopefully this will continue to be discussed and will trickle over to baseball as well. With four teams from each district getting in playoffs now many teams are playing home and home for bidistrict rounds anyway.

Few more decisions from UIL

UIL declines to install a punishment for players who are ejected. Punishments will remain under local control.

Standing committee passes motion to create a separate championship for Class A's baseball and softball seasons. Done in volleyball in 2015. There would only be two from each district going into playoffs.

I think the UIL should make a best of three series the default. If for some reason both coaches agree to a one-game series, they can play a one-game series. If either wants a three-game series, then it is a three-game series. I personally prefer that all of the rounds be a three games series, but there might be some instances in which both coaches want a one-gamer.

4 hours ago, walldrill said:

Few more decisions from UIL

UIL declines to install a punishment for players who are ejected. Punishments will remain under local control.

Standing committee passes motion to create a separate championship for Class A's baseball and softball seasons. Done in volleyball in 2015. There would only be two from each district going into playoffs.

Yes agree! When we played png the Henry father and son act went unpunished by both png and UIL. Crazy BUT I think it impacted his draft all the way to #1,198th in ROUND 40 

57 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I think the UIL should make a best of three series the default. If for some reason both coaches agree to a one-game series, they can play a one-game series. If either wants a three-game series, then it is a three-game series. I personally prefer that all of the rounds be a three games series, but there might be some instances in which both coaches want a one-gamer.

Not a bad idea here either.

• 2 weeks later...