Upgrade Season

1 hour ago, NDOMAKONG said:

we got some new Monsanto formulated fertilizer, makes the mud thicker when we water... I mean when it rains on Thursday night during football season

Or when our 80's sprinklers come on in the middle of the night/early am and no one can catch it!

lol

On 7/22/2016 at 3:19 PM, pdawg119 said:

BH is getting a new video scoreboard.

Stallworth Stadium in Baytown is getting returfed. 

This is the hidden content, please

Just drove by Stallworth today. It looks like they're expanding the parking lot. They might also be renovating the lots that are already there.

6 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

Just drove by Stallworth today. It looks like they're expanding the parking lot. They might also be renovating the lots that are already there.

You hear that Mid-County (specifically Ned): expanding the parking, something that's way overdue at your 2 schools. 

On 7/24/2016 at 8:02 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You hear that Mid-County (specifically Ned): expanding the parking, something that's way overdue at your 2 schools. 

I have said for years, they should use some of that field next to the stadium, but oh well.  Turf and parking lots don't win games, so...

On July 19, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Anyone got pics of their upgrades please post here. Just seen Crosby's new scoreboard, hopefully Cal posts it here. Anybody turf done yet? 

IDK the dimensions, maybe someone else from Crosby does. I would imagine the administration made sure it's on par with some of the large ones in the state though:

38 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

IDK the dimensions, maybe someone else from Crosby does. I would imagine the administration made sure it's on par with some of the large ones in the state though:

Looks to be about the same distance between the hash marks from the photo. I think that is like 53 feet. My guess us somwhere in the 50 foot range.

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok...  Great environment for these 2000's kids....  An environment from the stone ages, but I guess...  Whatever floats those "old head's" boat.  

Water, 

and floats young men's boat too. 

and some of those "secret" students at still in the stand for the spring game.

lol

47 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok...  Great environment for these 2000's kids....  An environment from the stone ages, but I guess...  Whatever floats those "old head's" boat.  

I never said I was against new schools, I am not.  I went through those schools and also worked for the ISD for a few years.  I know what condition they are in.   But the fact of the matter is, it doesn't seem to affect the students grades judging by how the ISD performs in relation to the rest of the state.  Now as far as the kids (and teachers) health goes, that is a different matter.  I have been in all the crawl spaces and back areas of the schools that the public never sees.  There is no more asbestos in the schools, but the mold, mildew and water damage is definitely not helping people that have to breathe that crap all day.  The current bond that was passed a couple of years ago helped with some of that but its time for new schools.   But that wont happen until the "old heads" as you say either move off, die off or change their minds.  I will say that the bond issues for new schools that were part of the 2012 vote were much closer than previous years, indicating that maybe the tide is turning.

Believe me, that bond that passed here in Crosby hit me in the pocket book, but when you have growth and outdated facilities you either fall behind and never catch up or you build the facilities.  You just always hope the decision makers do the right thing.  For high schools right down the road from each other, why is there such a significant difference in the facilities?