50 KILLED, 53 INJURED AT NIGHTCLUB IN FLORIDA

PAMFAM10

10 hours ago, baddog said:

Again I'll ask.....what good is it to be on a list? This guy in Orlando was on a list and so was the guy and his wife in San  Bernadino. So, we know who they are and we put them on a list. Guess it's something good to throw out there after a massacre......"We had an eye on them".

Reminds me of the commercials......I'm not a security guard, I'm a security monitor, I don't stop robberies, I let you know when there is one....There's a robbery.........or the insecticide inspector, not killing the termites, letting you know there's a problem....as the person falls through the stairway....There's a problem....it goes on to say... what good does it do to identify there's a problem, if you're not going to do anything about it.....so we've become "Terrorist Monitors" it seems........

22 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Reminds me of the commercials......I'm not a security guard, I'm a security monitor, I don't stop robberies, I let you know when there is one....There's a robbery.........or the insecticide inspector, not killing the termites, letting you know there's a problem....as the person falls through the stairway....There's a problem....it goes on to say... what good does it do to identify there's a problem, if you're not going to do anything about it.....so we've become "Terrorist Monitors" it seems........

But comrade, more importantly, we are no longer guilty of "profiling" and everyone is treated "equally"

21 hours ago, REBgp said:

This is the hidden content, please

Gunman was a radical Muslim.  Nightclub was a "gay" club.   Terrible tragedy.   

Sadly, our Govt. will probably call it a hate crime, when in fact, it was a terrorist attack.  I'm not a proponent on the gay lifestyle, but that's a choice people in America have.  Make no mistake, we're at war with Islam.  Our leaders don't know it, or won't admit it, but we are.

At war with Islam? What? You meant to say at war with Isis, and other extremist groups. Including domestic terrorist , right?

20 hours ago, REBgp said:

I think his parents are from Afghanistan, and he's homegrown.  Which, in my mind, exemplifieys the problem with bringing more Muslims here.  Even IF they're not terrorists, their children will be ticking time bombs.  Liberals can't comprehend the fact that to many Muslims want us dead.  What has happened to COMMON SENSE?

WOW!! In my mind, you exemplify the definition of a bigot. 

Punishing the entire religion of Islam for some of its members using it as an excuse for killing is no better than punishing all gun owners because some use them as a tool for killing.  The attitude that some of you take towards the entire religion mirrors the attitude that the far left takes towards all gun owners.  That being said, our country and government MUST take action when they have reason to believe that any person, Muslim or not, has radical leanings that could potentially lead to terrorism.  This shooting, as well as the recent shooting in California, were both perpetrated by terrorists already known to be radical.  Bigotry is one thing, but ignoring clear warning signs for the purpose of being politically correct is another thing entirely.

If it isn't too inconvenient, I would hope we can, at least for a while, replace our concern with bigotry and political correctness with a larger concern for these terror activities and what to do about them.   It's a damn shame that in the recent California shootings, there were people who had noticed odd behavior/conduct by the perpetrator but didn't report it for fear of being labeled an Islamaphobe.   Sorry, but that fear needs to be put on the back burner and perhaps some good old fashioned "profiling" is in order here.  If my home is broken into several times and, in each case, it was a Belgian.  I am going to take some extra precautions when encountering a Belgian whether someone wants to call me a bigot or not.  When some of you "philosophers" out there has a family member or someone close become a victim of one of these crimes, you may change your tune a little.

4 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

WOW!! In my mind, you exemplify the definition of a bigot. 

WOW!!   So if you were alive when Japan destroyed Pearl Harbor, wouldn't you have looked upon the Japanese as the enemy?  Virtually all Americans did.  In 1941, most Americans had common sense.  Now, to many, including you, don't.  We've been repeatedly attacked by Islamist.  How many Americans have to die before you say, "Enough"?

I'm fascinated that not a single liberal has condemned Islamic Terrorist about this attack.  Not a one!  You used this tragedy to attack me, call me a bigot, twice, because I'm outraged at what happened.  Another liberal buzzword to use when confronted with an argument you can't win, like racist and Bush.  Fifty people were killed and you attack me!   You are one brainwashed moron.

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Punishing the entire religion of Islam for some of its members using it as an excuse for killing is no better than punishing all gun owners because some use them as a tool for killing.  The attitude that some of you take towards the entire religion mirrors the attitude that the far left takes towards all gun owners.  That being said, our country and government MUST take action when they have reason to believe that any person, Muslim or not, has radical leanings that could potentially lead to terrorism.  This shooting, as well as the recent shooting in California, were both perpetrated by terrorists already known to be radical.  Bigotry is one thing, but ignoring clear warning signs for the purpose of being politically correct is another thing entirely.

Take a look at how homosexuals are treated in Muslim countries...what is "radical" here is not radical there.

Take a look at how women are treated in Muslim countries...what is "radical" here is not radical there.

Like it or not, this is a religion of Islam problem, and the more we allow to come in this country, the more often this will happen.

Why not investigate?   Don't want to offend Muslims.   Sound familiar?   The lady in Cal who suspected the shooters?  The people that worked with this killer, who knew he wanted to kill people?  Oh, we can't say anything bad about Muslims.  If you do, you're a bigot or an Islamophobic.

Being curious, I looked up the history on violence against gay people the last several years. 

One example: January 1979 – Tennessee Williams was beaten by five teenage boys in Key West. He escaped serious injury. The episode was part of a spate of anti-gay violence inspired by an anti-gay newspaper ad run by a local Baptist minister. 

I bet the paper was American owned.

Dove, are you aware that the FBI can pretty much investigate anybody or anyplace they want with the one exception being Mosques.  Isnt that great?  Proves the government is not biggoted and also proves it is totally incompetent ( Whats new about that?).  Please, please dont tell me that no terrorist activity is discussed in the Mosques.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

Dove, are you aware that the FBI can pretty much investigate anybody or anyplace they want with the one exception being Mosques.  Isnt that great?  Proves the government is not biggoted and also proves it is totally incompetent ( Whats new about that?).  Please, please dont tell me that no terrorist activity is discussed in the Mosques.

After reading your post, I ran across this.

Let's not let our guard down and think that people like the dylan roofs of the world and the school school shootings won't happen again. Shootings can happen because of hate also by americans, blacks and whites shoot people everday just usually dont shoot many people at one time. And the radical Islamic folk like that name..why not come up with a name for them that they don't like. Every time a shooting happens people wait to see the nationality so they can know how to approach it. Was it terrism, was it mental illness, was it hate, was it rasicm........