Trumps Mouth

nappyroots

13 minutes ago, new tobie said:

my biggest problem with trump.....

This is the hidden content, please

Trump obviously not skilled at politically correct language.  But frankly, I have had my fill of those who can say all of the "right things" but don't get much done.  I am much more interested in actions as opposed to words.

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

my biggest problem with trump.....

This is the hidden content, please

What's the problem? That list tries to imply that the things he said were racist or misogynistic, when in fact most are not at all.

Let's go through them shall we.

1. The 'total and complete shutdown' of Muslims entering the U.S.
He is suggesting a temporary ban a Muslims entering the U.S. until we can determine which are radical terrorists and which are not. Sounds prudent. If I gave you a bowl of grapes and two of them were filled with cyanide, are you going to eat any of the grapes? No. Sounds to me like you hate all grapes.

2. 'I'm a negotiator like you folks'

He did use a stereotype, but not a negative one. If he said blacks are great athletes would you be offended? A polished politician tries to avoid stereotypes, but he is not polished, and it wasn't negative.

3. 'the blacks'

What's offensive?

4. 'I am the least racist person there is'
Again, what's offensive?

5. 'Laziness is a trait in blacks'

This is according to Rosie O'Donnell, and I don't believe anything Rosie O'Donnell has to say.

6. 'a well-educated black'

Trump remarked, "A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market." This is true because of Affirmative Action. You can argue  that "racist whites control the system and will not hire blacks" and I will argue that "greedy people control the system and will hire whoever will make them the most money". Affirmative Action gives an advantage to a qualified black candidate over an equally qualified white candidate.

7. 'They're rapists ... some, I assume, are good people'

He was saying that the Mexican government was encouraging all of their criminals to migrate to the U.S., akin to Cuba emptying their prisons and encouraging them to migrate to the U.S. The "some, I assume, are good people" meant that mixed in with the criminals that the Mexican government was encouraging to migrate were good hard-working Mexicans looking for a better life in the U.S. Trump is not a polished politician, and he could and should have stated this better. But it is not racist.

8. 'I have thousands of Hispanics that work for me'
He just pointed out that he hires thousands of Hispanics. What's the problem?

9. No bones about it

Again, what's the problem?

10. 'the Japs'

Hey, he used a derogatory term. I grew up a few miles from Jap Road in LaBelle. I never even heard of that term being derogatory until the County changed the name due to political correctness. It's still difficult for me to believe it's derogatory because it just a shortened word. I would not be offended if a Japanese person called me Tex. I would be offended if they called me Yank, or even Yankee. I don't want to be associated with anyone from the northeast. So, all the way down to number ten on the list we have one. I wonder if he was eating dog while smoking a doobie with the Choom gang when he said this.

11. On how to treat women

It's his opinion that women respond positively to a man exerting dominance over a woman. Many women do. Many women don't. Does he still feel this way? After all, that article was published 24 years ago, at a time when Obama and Hillary were all for "marriage is between a man and a woman".

12. 'I cherish women'

This conflicts with his views in number 11 above. Trump is trying to garner support from women, akin to Hillary speaking at a NAACP event and channeling her inner Ebonics. Or when she speaks in the South and her southern drawl mysteriously reappears. And Trump has been out front in hiring women in managerial positions, something he has every right to brag about. Something Hillary cannot brag about.

13. Rosie O'Donnell, Bette Midler, Arianna Huffington ...
When you hurl personal attacks at Trump, be prepared for him to hurl them right back. What's the problem?

14. 'When a man leaves a woman'

I don't know what he's trying to say here. Please explain to me why this is racist or derogatory, and include who is supposed to be offended.

15. Golf and marriage

Again, I'm not sure what he's trying to say. But if the word "gay" is in the quote, someone must be offended. Please explain.

I'm not a Trump fan, but my God, is this all the left has? Only one item on the list deals with policies issues. I find it hypocritical for the left to hold Bill Clinton in high regard then read this hit piece and think Trump is unfit to hold office. But this is so typical of the left.