When you're flipping channels, which movie do you stop on every time you see it?

bullets13

The ones I stop on?   Hmmm.   I'll have to make two list.   The, ones I can stop on, and the ones I'd like to but my wife absolutely, positively, doesn't.   Me too on Shawshank, Dead Man's Walk (prequel to Lonesome Dove), We Were Soldiers, No Country for Old Men (did that last night).  All for now - dementia.

Would but can't:  Godfather 1 & 2, and not movies but....  Wildlife doc's, NASA Unexplained Files, or UFO investigations.   

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Anytime I'm flipping channels and I see Shawshank Redemption, I stop every time.  No country for old men and Forrest Gump usually stop me too.

Hey bullets, don't know if you have time for much reading, but the book No Country For Old Men, I thought was great.   Movie is closer to book than most, but book gives much more of the Sheriffs thoughts and reflections than they could put in the movie.  I've read it twice, but the advantage of old age is you don't remember much lol.

Oh, great thread.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Hey bullets, don't know if you have time for much reading, but the book No Country For Old Men, I thought was great.   Movie is closer to book than most, but book gives much more of the Sheriffs thoughts and reflections than they could put in the movie.  I've read it twice, but the advantage of old age is you don't remember much lol.

Oh, great thread.

I'm actually a pretty avid reader.  I've read every book written by Cormac McCarthey more than once.  all of his work is phenomenal.  And you're right, the Cohen brothers did a great job staying true to the book with the movie.

I like Stephen King. Many don't know Shawshank was written by King. I've read more of his books than any other. I read The Green Mile before the movie came out. Bruce Willis saw Michael Clark Duncan acting somewhere and knew they were casting for the Green Mile. He called the casting director and said, "I got your John Coffey". Everything else was the way I pictured it in my mind, from the green mile to "old sparky". The characters fit to a tee also. King is a master storyteller. Makes you a fly on the wall.

Try reading "Insomnia". It's long but well worth the read.

Back on topic, another movie I always seem to watch is The Book of Eli, which I saw today.

18 minutes ago, baddog said:

I like Stephen King. Many don't know Shawshank was written by King. I've read more of his books than any other. I read The Green Mile before the movie came out. Bruce Willis saw Michael Clark Duncan acting somewhere and knew they were casting for the Green Mile. He called the casting director and said, "I got your John Coffey". Everything else was the way I pictured it in my mind, from the green mile to "old sparky". The characters fit to a tee also. King is a master storyteller. Makes you a fly on the wall.

Try reading "Insomnia". It's long but well worth the read.

Back on topic, another movie I always seem to watch is The Book of Eli, which I saw today.

He's another author who I've read all of his stuff, most of it more than once. I'm excited about them coming out with a movie for the gunslinger series 

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He's another author who I've read all of his stuff, most of it more than once. I'm excited about them coming out with a movie for the gunslinger series 

You've read quite a lot if you have read everything King has written. I have not. I have Revival  sitting on my table right now. One thing about King, if you start to read, chances are you won't put it down. Second one I liked after Insomnia was Desperation.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I'm actually a pretty avid reader.  I've read every book written by Cormac McCarthey more than once.  all of his work is phenomenal.  And you're right, the Cohen brothers did a great job staying true to the book with the movie.

My SIL turned me on to Cormac.  That Blood Meridan made my skin crawl.  They were going to make a movie out of it, but I guess it's on hold.  If you ever hear it's back on, let me know.  Talk about a horror flick!

2 hours ago, baddog said:

You've read quite a lot if you have read everything King has written. I have not. I have Revival  sitting on my table right now. One thing about King, if you start to read, chances are you won't put it down. Second one I liked after Insomnia was Desperation.

I read It about a half dozen times. Scared the crap out of me as a kid